EasterRoadStadium-db58412.JPG

must be stealth houses behind the old east stand?

Anyone who has been in the Main stand knows it needs to go and quite clearly theire isnt space behind that stand

South stand also needs to go and oh with the flats there is no space there either

Its also still a wide open stadium which doesnt help the grass, the state of the pitch, the wind and with that the football. I was watching soccer am a while back with Morris and Duberry. Both were speaking about the differences in the type of football we play etc and both were extremely critical about our stadiums. They said that with separate stands the wind swirls round the stadium and makes it a lot harder to control the ball and make proper passes etc. If we're going to spend 50m+ on a stadium I'd prefer one that is fit for purpose rather than a half arsed attempt.

I think Hibs just proved that you can redevelop a landlocked urban site and have a decent, if unspectacular, all seater stadium. If they managed that feat at Easter Road then Pittodrie remains an option for me until I see some independent research from surveyors, builders and architects to the contrary. Also getting the fans to shift from cars to public transport will be a huge cultural change for us all if we were to move to Altens. We are not a city club in isolation, a very large percentage of our fans travel a considerable distance to see home games and many of them need to make that journey by car as there is no viable alternative for them. Again this is a massive concern for me if we move out of town. As is the lack of anything alongside the stadium - no retail is planned, there are no bars nothing apart from the stadium bar for 1000 fans. How many of us go for a pint before and after the games? It's part of the whole matchday ritual and not just to drink but to meet mates, get some banter etc. Going to be strange getting a bus to Altens and then getting on it back to town straight after the game. Not an appealing prospect to me in the slightest.

Are you thick? It's pretty plain to see that Pittodrie's built on sand, sand sinks, much like the Main and South stands are doing as we type. Pittodrie is dead. Let it go. Who the f**k would think that us getting a new purpose built stadium would have a bollockload of abuse before we even put the foonds in? If you can't be arsed travelling an extra 10 minutes to see us play then that says more about you than the club.

Are you thick? It's pretty plain to see that Pittodrie's built on sand, sand sinks, much like the Main and South stands are doing as we type. Pittodrie is dead. Let it go. Who the f**k would think that us getting a new purpose built stadium would have a bollockload of abuse before we even put the foonds in? If you can't be arsed travelling an extra 10 minutes to see us play then that says more about you than the club.

Obviously I am thick for having a different opinion to you. I can only apologise for that. However it could just be that I have taken the time to consider all the options rather than be blindly accepting of the fact that Altens is the only option. I would love a shiny new stadium just not convinced that selling our only asset, moving to the arse end of nowhere with no supporting amenities or parking (when thousands have to take cars to see AFC at home as they don't live in the city) is something we should accept without more discussions and some communication from the Board about how they will a - fill the stadium when our average crowd is 8k, b - provide the necessary transport links to make getting there easy, quick and hassle free (tram, train and car not an option and there is no new bridge across the Don that I can see nor a byepass yet), c - entertaining us when we are there and d - what plan b is if once there at Altens they financially mismanage the club to the extent they have done over the 12 or so years to the tune of

A scam lol yeah that's right mate. Well done you for seeing through it. Don't for one minute think that there might actually be some fans out there who are genuinely fed up with the current situation and want, in a proactive way, to challenge some of the decisions that have been made in our name and help, by investigating ways of trying to raise funds, to offer some potential alternatives to the boring mantra that keeps getting repeated of we are skint, the stadium cannot be redeveloped, its nae the 80's noo min, we are aiming for a top six finish crap that is the reality of our situation. That may be good enough for you but not me and countless others. Maybe we have been to see the sugar daddies and got nowhere. Could it be that Mr Sheik RattlenRoll didn't want to invest

Sh!te. There are people who constantly criticise the board and management for their failings however what you need to get through your skull is that AFC is a dictatorship, not a democracy. If SM wants to screw it up he will because he owns the club. He already p!ssed away millions of his own money so why on earth would I or any other right minded Aberdeen fan put up any more of my hard earned cash to help this lunatic other than what I already do through buying strips and going to games. This scheme is a joke and doesn't even deserve the time that has been spent on it on this forum.

Really! They criticise the Board. What by posting on chat rooms. That is doing nothing in my opinion because it has absolutely no effect. Hot air is all that amounts to as you said Milne owns our club and doesn't read the boards. This is an idea that might have been the answer and was the first and only positive initiative that has been offered well since the heyday of the Trust and where are they now? Fraser and Miller paid employees and on the Board and Gavin, the fans rep, on the Board. Milne stands to get all his cash back by selling Pittodrie and moving the club to Altens - don't you see that????? This scheme is not about forcing regime change but bringing about new investment to try and regain a voice and degree of control from the current Board (Dictatorship - your word) and prove to those with cash who won't invest whilst SM has control that there is a way to change the status quo and move things forward.

No however lets kick the idea into touch before it has had the chance to draw breath, offer nothing in terms of alternatives and accept that nothing can be done. The scheme is a joke is it?. The joke is, and it's one that will have Milne's sides splitting, is that you and lots of others are now of a mindset that nothing can be done. Apathy and Indignation. Not our new centre back pairing for next season but the mindset and attitude of the fans.

Take the survey. Leave out all your personnel details if you are concerned about scams or fraud but tell us what you think and let us try to work with the data to make a difference. As a fan and yes I am talking to you the guy or girl that is reading this now, what do you have to lose? It will only take a couple of minutes.

Now please either fill in the questionnaire or ignore it. I do not have the inclination to constantly have to repost defending my intelligence, intentions or motives. To clarify I want a better more successful team on the park, improved facilities for us the fans and more accountability from our Board/Chairman - what's not to want there if you are a true Dandy. We, as there are several posters using this blackngold83 user name, have spent a lot of time and effort to create this questionnaire and investigate the potential of the football ISA scheme would like for you to fill in the form if you are interested and ignore it if you are not.

Thanks for reading

Really! They criticise the Board. What by posting on chat rooms. That is doing nothing in my opinion because it has absolutely no effect. Hot air is all that amounts to as you said Milne owns our club and doesn't read the boards. This is an idea that might have been the answer and was the first and only positive initiative that has been offered well since the heyday of the Trust and where are they now? Fraser and Miller paid employees and on the Board and Gavin, the fans rep, on the Board. Milne stands to get all his cash back by selling Pittodrie and moving the club to Altens - don't you see that????? This scheme is not about forcing regime change but bringing about new investment to try and regain a voice and degree of control from the current Board (Dictatorship - your word) and prove to those with cash who won't invest whilst SM has control that there is a way to change the status quo and move things forward.

Just a question on the quote boldened above - how would Milne get money back (what money I may ask as his only investment has came in the way of buying shares)? He would have to sell on his shares at a profit to make money. The club will be saddled with more debt than it has now (albeit a mortgage on the stadium), but at least it might be a way of increasing revenue from letting out the place for commercial reasons such as concerts, rugby comps etc etc.

Anyway, for what it's worth - I don't think there's any harm in floating this idea of ISA's as an investment possibility. It's better than sitting on your backside, putting up with the current situation is it not?

For me at least, I'd want cast iron promises that the board would be restructured.

It won't work out anywhere near the boon made out here. It will be a scheme of abject failure.

Banks have a tendency to blow hot air about absolute best case scenarios for investments, when the reality kicks in and the sh*t hits the fan, they run a mile.

This will not do anything to avail AFC's troubles.

It won't work out anywhere near the boon made out here. It will be a scheme of abject failure.

Banks have a tendency to blow hot air about absolute best case scenarios for investments, when the reality kicks in and the sh*t hits the fan, they run a mile.

This will not do anything to avail AFC's troubles.

Unless you are an investment banker, or someone who works in the financial industry, I will take your comments with a pinch of salt.

But not to worry, seeing as Milne is giving huge amounts of cash to Brown this pre-season, all our problems are over :itch-chin:

Unless you are an investment banker, or someone who works in the financial industry, I will take your comments with a pinch of salt.

But not to worry, seeing as Milne is giving huge amounts of cash to Brown this pre-season, all our problems are over :itch-chin:

:)

I'm saying nothing.

fair play to black n gold..

sounds like a regular guy to me..

This site is governed by negative angry numpties who don't represent AFC

I've long held the idea that if there's a way to tap into our un-doubted wealth here in the north east...we should do it!

It sickens me that when we prompt Stewarty Milne to "loosen his purse strings" we're asking him to do so as a fan, not a chairman,or a lapsed captain of an impossible industry...

Football can1t afford itself....

Man Utd are the most successful team on our shores and they're the business end of one BI

It sickens me that when we prompt Stewarty Milne to "loosen his purse strings" we're asking him to do so as a fan, not a chairman,or a lapsed captain of an impossible industry

CORRECT.

Here we are in 2011 very close to rectifying the mistakes made - so the club needs support and unity from the fans, not factions intent on upsetting the progress.

You can bash Milne all you want but there isn't any fool out there who is willing to (or has the wherewithal) take over the running of AFC right now. That Milne is an awkward character or a bit of a grippy man is neither here nor there and as such the constant sniping towards him from certain quarters is fruitless.

I was sceptical of BnG and his posting but lets see where it leads to - it seems to have already hit the Daily Mail (not read it yet) so if it turns out to be pie in the sky then he'll look silly.

COYR

No however lets kick the idea into touch before it has had the chance to draw breath, offer nothing in terms of alternatives and accept that nothing can be done. The scheme is a joke is it?. The joke is, and it's one that will have Milne's sides splitting, is that you and lots of others are now of a mindset that nothing can be done. Apathy and Indignation. Not our new centre back pairing for next season but the mindset and attitude of the fans.

Take the survey. Leave out all your personnel details if you are concerned about scams or fraud but tell us what you think and let us try to work with the data to make a difference. As a fan and yes I am talking to you the guy or girl that is reading this now, what do you have to lose? It will only take a couple of minutes.

Now please either fill in the questionnaire or ignore it. I do not have the inclination to constantly have to repost defending my intelligence, intentions or motives. To clarify I want a better more successful team on the park, improved facilities for us the fans and more accountability from our Board/Chairman - what's not to want there if you are a true Dandy. We, as there are several posters using this blackngold83 user name, have spent a lot of time and effort to create this questionnaire and investigate the potential of the football ISA scheme would like for you to fill in the form if you are interested and ignore it if you are not.

Thanks for reading

Ok then, presuming that this is not some kind of scam and is in fact a genuine scheme, by my calculations, at 5% interest over 5 years you would need over 14000 fans to each put 5k away in these ISAs in order to generate

BlackandGold could you clear up a few points-

1. If this scheme is guaranteed/backed by a bank why aren't they contacting the fans/ carrying advertising rather than research via a fans site and questionnaire? This may well all be above board but it seems an unusual way to go about things - surely contacting local press would attract a wider sample than coming on here.

2. Have club been approached regarding the scheme and if not why.

3. No financial institution does things for free - what's in it for them?

4. Do club get the income from the money invested and the capital sits untouched.As fifered states above that's a hell of a lot of capital to generate