Amateur/junior Football

Aye i know the boy who put the tackle in...hes a prick. Theres a bit of history there. 9 games for grabbing someone by the throat seems mental. Like you say he could have just smacked him and got 6 is it?

Haha id last about 20 mins of a game then need to come off. Fitness isnt at its peak right now. Plus ive not kicked a ball in about 4 years. You have a massive squad anyway have you not?

we've lost a few to junior clubs, trying to re-build! get with LT and sort it oot if you fancy even the training!

Maybe bobo can come along to the pool night and me, him and diamonds can hammer this out over a few pints :cheers:

I reckon it's all a bit of a misunderstanding and I reckon diamonds rates bobo as slightly better than the heap of unknown trialists he's been using instead.

He asked me to train then never got in touch when I agreed. Still hurts.

diamonds sounds like a bit of a Jimmy Calderwood type at that level.

He's going to throw his tombola in the air and hope for the best.

He possibly sees you as a Stuart Duff type option bobo, last resort, OK for the odd game if you're stuck for bodies, but never a realistic option as a long term first team player.

As you're a pal he thinks you'll just go along with it, which you have done.

I'd say you've found your level.

He possibly sees you as a Stuart Duff type option bobo, last resort, OK for the odd game if you're stuck for bodies, but never a realistic option as a long term first team player.

If that's the case I'm jumping in the bath with the toaster tonight. Will probably forget to plug it in but at least I'll have given it a good go.

I'll go for something and it's probably contagious.

:laughing:

himin ye fud...I have won trophies in my managerial career and though take a very good tan, im nae that orange.

Anyway Bobo was given the opportunity and stayed with his mates, after watching him a few weeks back, he has the ability to be a very good left sided defender,maybe even midfield however I fear he has ADHD or fitiver its called, as his lack of control and his terret style rants was a concern....but the boy isnae a bad player and would flourish under my stewardship :thumbup1:

just get yer arse to the big smoke for a game o pool, sober tourny then nips o brandy n port.

If I lived in Aberdeen I could have sorted your fitba team out no bother diamonds.

Unfortunately, no can do.

Such is life.

I'm still waiting to hear back from EPK who appears to be as mealy mouthed as some of his relatives.

maybe we should extend it to the afc chat pool world finals, those who dont play could chalk the q's and be handed a list of prefered tunes for the juke box, they could also act as "runners" for the nips or bets at the local willie hill....an extravaganza of shite spikin and stories from Ollie's years as a drunken fitba player and myths of stardom from those within the field of highland league fitba.

We could run a "tups-corner" for a one hour special, a bit like a "jimmy saville tribute" or Tups grotto, all monies can go to the Kilimanjaro fund, I think this could take off into....Tup in the park!

Great plan.

Soup and sandwiches at half time.

Sky would be on to it in no time, the Hawthorn would be like the new Lakeside.

'Tup's Corner' goes nationwide.

Eventually worldwide.

It's a winner, and I'm no beast like Jimmy Savile, my help is genuine and comes from the heart, not the groin.

Great plan.

Soup and sandwiches at half time.

Sky would be on to it in no time, the Hawthorn would be like the new Lakeside.

'Tup's Corner' goes nationwide.

Eventually worldwide.

It's a winner, and I'm no beast like Jimmy Savile, my help is genuine and comes from the heart, not the groin.

as we walk to the tables to snooker loopy blasting from the juker, we could have lookingoodinred dressed in some tight fitting number holding our hands and announcing the names of the players, she would then walk off to the Ascot Chinese for post match nibbles to wolf whistles and animal like noises.

I play for the Edinburgh side South Gyle, new team just started this season and doing pretty well.

We have our Scottish Cup 2nd round this weekend (it's been called off in past 2 weeks cause of rain though :( ) Once we take care of this mob from Dunblane could do with an away tie up North!

himin ye fud...I have won trophies in my managerial career and though take a very good tan, im nae that orange.

Anyway Bobo was given the opportunity and stayed with his mates, after watching him a few weeks back, he has the ability to be a very good left sided defender,maybe even midfield however I fear he has ADHD or fitiver its called, as his lack of control and his terret style rants was a concern....but the boy isnae a bad player and would flourish under my stewardship :thumbup1:

just get yer arse to the big smoke for a game o pool, sober tourny then nips o brandy n port.

Guilty!

Latest Cup Draws

Aberdeen Trophy Centre Aberdeen FC Trophy

Third Round

Banchory Amateurs v Johnshaven Athletic

Beacon Rangers v JS XI or Northern United

Bervie Caley or Old Aberdonians v Rothie Rovers

BSFC or Scotstown Rovers v Luthermuir

Byron v Bridge of Don or Feughside

Cove Thistle v Bankhead or Insch

Glendale XI v Echt

Granite City v Kincorth

Grammar FPs or Theologians v Great Northern Athletic

Halliburton or Cowie Thistle v Ellon Amateurs

Kaimhill v University

MS United or Turiff Thistle v Torry Select

Sportsmans Club v AC Mill Inn

Stoneywood Amateurs v Rattrays XI or Hazlehead United

Tarves v Blackburn or Mintlaw

West End v Lads Club Amateurs

Colin

I think it's safe to assume that all these teams are shit.

It's only the shade of the shit that's up for debate.

the standards have dropped in the last 10 years in all honesty in Amateur fitba, the referees are as bad, there are a lot of good players who just fancy a game on a Saturday, if AFC got their act together I think a lot of boys would jack it in for a return to pittodrie

the standards have dropped in the last 10 years in all honesty in Amateur fitba, the referees are as bad, there are a lot of good players who just fancy a game on a Saturday, if AFC got their act together I think a lot of boys would jack it in for a return to pittodrie

Aye it's the same countrywide, no enthusiasm anymore, and no wonder.

The facilities we use in Scotland are laughable and it's hard to drum up enthusiasm for folk to get changed in the pishing rain because someone forgot to get a key for a changing room and then kick a ball about a bath of mud with barely a blade of grass on it in sub-zero temperatures.

It's not even football, simply endurance. Only drink makes it bearable.

In otherwords, a joke, a bastardisation of sport.