Amateur/junior Football

I played with Gabbi's old man, he was a player, Gabbi is a very good player but loses self contrl on the pitch, I believe he got multiple red cards, think hes had a year ban before? not 100% sure, by all acoounts a decent guy.

thats someone else diamonds. Do you think, as a manager at this level that some of the bans handed out are excessive?

haha I'm mates with him. Seems a very harsh ban for that.

Aye he's a good lad. Just got frustrated because we were playing crap and got 2 yellow cards in 2 minutes. Then went mad at the ref. I think they are looking in to appealing it. Seems like they are cracking down big time on anything to do with refs

Hi all, brand new to the page, Im Pistol Pete, Johnshaven Manager! Good to see a forum dedicated to amateur football! Quick question for ya all, our secretary is away for the moment or id have asked him. I'm not too clued up on the rules. Are junior clubs allowed to approach our amateur players without asking for our permission? I had it in my head they were meant to ask us! but I could just be havouring! Our local junior team have been phoning 3 or 4 of our players pestering them to leave and go to them! They have no interest in doing so but the phonecalls and texts wont stop!

just wondered if there were any rules against it. seems unfair. I mean you can expect these things when the seasons finished, but not good at all to be able to disrupt players mid season. other junior clubs approach us first to let us know they want to speak to them, and id never stand in theyre way at playing at a higher level. But when the team is harassing them after they have already said no it seems unfair. Then they move on to other players just to try get the upper hand!

Beat tarves 2-1 in the north of scotland!

Starting to get into our stride and already through to a semi final and theres stilla couple of pish teams left in the north of scotland so hopefully go on a little run.

The leagues are fucked at the moment though with echt joining.. trying to say we have played 10 games when weve only played 7!!??? i mean, whats that all about

Beat tarves 2-1 in the north of scotland!

Starting to get into our stride and already through to a semi final and theres stilla couple of pish teams left in the north of scotland so hopefully go on a little run.

The leagues are fucked at the moment though with echt joining.. trying to say we have played 10 games when weve only played 7!!??? i mean, whats that all about

?

Most of the teams in that league have played 10.

Only Glendale have played 7. Echt 0.

Dee Amateurs will win that league.

We have only played 6 and also beat Dee! interestingly someone at training last night had said Dee have lost their manager and a few players. Not sure if theirs any truth in that or not?

Their manager left before the beginning of the season, or perhaps just 2 games in.

Dee had a squad of 30 odd players, so losing a few players will matter not one jot to them.

Just noticed Rothie Rovers have played 6.

Do you get a write up in the Sun towards the back pages still?

Not that i know of. I don't buy it. Dee are probably the best side we have played this season. Surprised they have lost so much games.

just wondered if there were any rules against it. seems unfair. I mean you can expect these things when the seasons finished, but not good at all to be able to disrupt players mid season. other junior clubs approach us first to let us know they want to speak to them, and id never stand in theyre way at playing at a higher level. But when the team is harassing them after they have already said no it seems unfair. Then they move on to other players just to try get the upper hand!

No rule against it but junior clubs have to pay £250 for any player signed directly from an amateur club, rarely enforced but the amateur club has to ask for it and probably end up reporting the club to the SJFA to finally get it paid.

No rule against it but junior clubs have to pay £250 for any player signed directly from an amateur club, rarely enforced but the amateur club has to ask for it and probably end up reporting the club to the SJFA to finally get it paid.

Cheers!

As for league one (north) don't rule out us! We have had a few disappointing results int he cups due to squad rotation, but only lost the one league game and that was to Dee. One nil up after half an hour and we had a man sent off as he gave away a penalty which he scored. Held out till about the 85th minute but they scored a cracker! Rothie are a tough team to beat at home and we were a little disappointed to come away with a 0-0, although to be fair they rattled the cross bar with only a few minutes left. Shaping up to be a cracking league, I'd still say there was 6 teams who could potentially challenge for promotion!

Cheers!

As for league one (north) don't rule out us! We have had a few disappointing results int he cups due to squad rotation, but only lost the one league game and that was to Dee. One nil up after half an hour and we had a man sent off as he gave away a penalty which he scored. Held out till about the 85th minute but they scored a cracker! Rothie are a tough team to beat at home and we were a little disappointed to come away with a 0-0, although to be fair they rattled the cross bar with only a few minutes left. Shaping up to be a cracking league, I'd still say there was 6 teams who could potentially challenge for promotion!

I'd make sure the cunt never played for you again. Bad enough giving away a penalty and getting sent off, but to then come onto the park and score from it is taking the piss.

How you missing it fella? Oot last night or something on today?

something on tonight. Would have been ok with a home game but not away. Worked out shit anyway. We had requested a free week and had our club fundraiser last night. Scottish cup overrules free weeks so might be a struggle today with hungover boys haha.

We lost 3-0 against Newcraighall leith vics today! We were the better team first half and could of been up 3-0 at ht but was 0-0. We were terrible second half! They are second in the Edinburgh prem and to be honest we could well of beat them had we scored first! I don't think anyone should be fearing teams from Edinburgh if their the second best team .