Trialists Thread

We need a left back....seems we are pursuing season long loan deals from England (Smith and Gunning for starts) and with these likely to drag on even in to August then sensible to have a look elsewhere while keeping our interest in others ticking along.

He was apparently one of the best players at Koblenz last season in the 3rd League, is only 22 and can play on the left wing. Doesn't sound too bad.

sounds promising...

Prefer us trying to buy a gem from abroad rather than the usual suspects...mix of continental players and youth might work well

Never a truer word spoken about the "British laziness" last week regarding jobs in reference to football... IMO a lot of British footballers are a bunch of workshy money grubbing c**ts who don't justify they're wage on the park... I think getting the right minded foreigners in if we have a decent scouting network (and CB will no doubt have his contacts) is probably a good way to go.

Never a truer word spoken about the "British laziness" last week regarding jobs in reference to football... IMO a lot of British footballers are a bunch of workshy money grubbing c**ts who don't justify they're wage on the park... I think getting the right minded foreigners in if we have a decent scouting network (and CB will no doubt have his contacts) is probably a good way to go.

And for that look no further than the hun who spurned a good contract offer from us, probably because less effort for slightly less wages, whilst having your home comforts, suited him better at perennial no-hopers St Mirren.

The Dons had two more trialists on show this morning at training.

German defender Thomas Gentner arrived yesterday. This morning German keeper Andreas Rossl and Swiss midfielder Edis Colic also joined up with the squad.

Rossl is a former Eintracht Frankfurt player and is 23 years old. Meanwhile Colic is from FC Nater in Switzerland. He also used to play for FC Thun. The 22 year old is an attacking midfielder.

German 3rd div left backs are all well and good but our team needs a spark, in the form of a frontman.

Ideally Maguire would have stayed but in the absence of him and Aluko (Ok Pawlly might show himself to be useful) we appear to be buidling an industrious team which is all well and good but I don't see any players with a cutting edge.

I hope Mr Brown is on the right track with this coz Badongo was not what we require, he was sh*te.

The Dons had two more trialists on show this morning at training.

German defender Thomas Gentner arrived yesterday. This morning German keeper Andreas Rossl and Swiss midfielder Edis Colic also joined up with the squad.

Rossl is a former Eintracht Frankfurt player and is 23 years old. Meanwhile Colic is from FC Nater in Switzerland. He also used to play for FC Thun. The 22 year old is an attacking midfielder.

Think he's actually Bosnian.

Nae that it metters much I suppose.

Unless there's a visa/permit issue.

Da' ken.

Currently playing non-league football with Darlington.

One thing our club does very well is spot potential.

:hysterical:

The worrying thing is that I remember Calderwood saying that him, Nicholl & that oaf Clark had all been to see him play.

Christ, you'd have thought one of them would've put the kaibosh on it!

one hundred frickin grand!!!!

Non league is that clowns level.

Sometimes I wonder if Tommy Shyte wasn't recruited to moonlight as WM's minder after all his dodgy chip shop/pub dealings?

If you want to I'll change the situation.

Wright's people, Wrights time; just the wrong location.

I've got a good idea: Chippe down the beach you hear. I'll be so good for you.

I could be so good for you. I'm gonna help ya!

Love you like you want me to. I'll do anything for you . . . I'll be so good for you.

I could be so good for you. I'll do it like you want me to.

Love you like you want me to. There ain't nothing I can't go through . . . I'll be so good for you.

Sometime when you're feeling down after relegation

Call on me and I'll give you more than conversation.

Take 'em. Shakin' hands. A deal. And move it brother. I'll make you heel. I'll be so good for you.

I could be so good for you. I'll be there right by your side. Love you like you want me to.

There ain't nothing you can hide from me. I'll be so good for you.

I could be so good for you. Yee-hoo! I'm your man! Love you like you want me to.

I'll tell you nothing there ain't nothing, nothing, I can not do. I'll be so good for you.

I don't ask no sickness questions, I'll give you lovely pies.

Use my bench to rest on. You'll never have to play for my side. Just be my ears and eyes.

I could be so good for you. I'm the one you really need.

Love you like you want me to I can even help you breathe. . . I'll be so good for you.

I could make the good times roll. Viva rolls!

Even take you down the soul. That's right! I'll be so good for you.

I could be so good for you. There ain't nothing I can't do.

Love you like you want me to You help me and I'll help you . . . I'll be so good for you.

In todays climate GBP 100,000 is a hell of a lot of money.

I wonder where the Tommy Wright transfer stacks-up against our worst dealings of all time? Taking in to consideration the respective financial climates, I'd probably place it between 750K for Brian O'Neill and 750k + Billy Dodds, for Robbie Winters!