Ricky Foster Named Captain

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.

Canna say I'm delighted about it, but he's obviously shown the right attitude to the manager to get it.

There are not many candidates who have the experience of the club to take it is the long and short of it.

If it wisna him, it would have to be the Dazzler.

Hmm.

Canna say I'm delighted about it, but he's obviously shown the right attitude to the manager to get it.

There are not many candidates who have the experience of the club to take it is the long and short of it.

Why?

Rob Milsom would have been a good choice I think.

Its not a shocker at all, had a feeling this would happen.

Probably behind Mr Brown's thinking;

A) He has been at the club since a kid

B) Present players (Mackie, Clark et al) know him and respect him

C) It negates AFC fans giving him a hard time following his spell with Rangers

D) It secures his value should Rangers decide to buy him

Doesn't mean I agree with it but I saw this coming.

f**king disgusting having that little hun c**t as our team captain

Its bad enough having him back at the club.

Stoney calm the hell down, stop the dramatics.

Its embarassing, the last thing we want is outsiders (i.e. the Huns) seeing the Red Army unhappy at this - close ranks and support the club.

Fosters performances as Captain will decide how this pans out.

COYR

Does not know the club well enough unfortunately, you canna make someone who's just walked in the door captain if you want team spirit.

So instead, choose a player who doesn't want to be here? A player who will probably be subject to more bids from Rangers and could quite possibly be away before the season even starts? Nah, daft choice by Broon.

I don't think you need to be at a club a while to become captain. What you need is the right attributes. Lead by example and as Milsom is one of our better players I'd say he would be a good choice.

How long does it take to know a club and become a candidate for captain anyway? 6 months? A year? 2 years?

So instead, choose a player who doesn't want to be here instead? A player who will probably be subject to more bids from Rangers and could quite possibly be away before the season even starts? Nah, daft choice by Broon.

I don't think you need to be at a club a while to become captain. What you need is the right attributes. Lead by example and as Milsom is one of our better players I'd say he would be a good choice.

How long does it take to know a club and become a candidate for captain anyway? 6 months? A year? 2 years?

2 seconds in paul hartleys case.

Could be worse.

Means he'll get a regular game and CB sees him as a fixture - or a desperate effort to drive the cost up for the huns.

Oh my goodness

Foster is a stalwart for the team.

He's not as bad as some people think.

He's not that good however.

Is this our level?

Not exactly happy, but then a good captain doesn't need to be a great player.

Do what I say not what I do could be his motto

So instead, choose a player who doesn't want to be here instead? A player who will probably be subject to more bids from Rangers and could quite possibly be away before the season even starts? Nah, daft choice by Broon.

It's like a place of work min, if somebody walks in the door and immediately is given authority over folk who have been there for most of their lives, this creates massive resentment. That's why Milsom was a no go.

It's like a place of work min, if somebody walks in the door and immediately is given authority over folk who have been there for most of their lives, this creates massive resentment. That's why Milsom was a no go.

Was Hartley resented?

Its not a shocker at all, had a feeling this would happen.

Probably behind Mr Brown's thinking;

A) He has been at the club since a kid

B) Present players (Mackie, Clark et al) know him and respect him

C) It negates AFC fans giving him a hard time following his spell with Rangers

D) It secures his value should Rangers decide to buy him

Doesn't mean I agree with it but I saw this coming.

well reasoned argument. think there may have been better candidates but at the same time, its a pointless thing anyway so as you say, makes him more valuable, hes our captain, not a run of the mill squad player.

Hmm.

Yet you are going to games and going to boo him?

I agree with Dynamo. I said months ago Milsom was my choice. The guy has all the attirbutes to play at a higher level but the added responsibility and confidence the manager and club would be showing may have persuaded him in to thinking we're more of a long term option. He'd also lead by exanple.

Foster likes to point and shout to try and enforce others but it generally makes him look clueless.

Not happy with this decision but will have to grin and bear it and see what happens.

Stoney get a grip. Why is he a hun c**t as you put it?

Like Jazzer I also saw this coming and to be honest the obvious choice, I thought it would be either Foster or Mawene.

Foster is an Aberdeen player, he's played at a higher level last season than any player in our squad and he's rated by both Walter Smith and Craig Brown. I think that tells you all you need to know. I'll take there opinion ahead of your ill informed brain dead "hun" attitude.

Good dependable player, hope he rises to the challenge.

Could be worse.

Means he'll get a regular game and CB sees him as a fixture - or a desperate effort to drive the cost up for the huns.

Oh my goodness

Foster is a stalwart for the team.

He's not as bad as some people think.

He's not that good however.

Is this our level?

Not exactly happy, but then a good captain doesn't need to be a great player.

Do what I say not what I do could be his motto

I kind of agree with this but a new leader and captain was our main target according to Brown at end of last season. Now this.

Yet you are going to games and going to boo him?

I said he had to show the right kind of attitude in order to win the support over, and that there was a lot of making up to do.

He appears to be doing that.

I'll judge him on his performances, and the team as a whole on their performances.

If he starts making mistakes, he'll be hounded for certain.

Brown has also probably looked at the fact he's that only player in the team to have won anything. Like it or not he was part of a team that won the SPL, and although many of us doubt his ability, the winning mentality must of rubbed of on him a bit