Aberdeen V Deveronvale

:)

Jacko min, if you read most of my posts since Saturday you'd see I'd argued with most, defending my results definitely matter corner.

I did mate and I agreed with you 100%. I quoted the wrong person :poster_oops:

Good to hear the younger lads played well. Good for confidence & fitness.

You know what I mean. :banghead:

A fit Pawlett could be our Messi/Ronaldo at our level. Just used them as well known examples of right footers often played on the left wing.

I was yankin yer chain min!

I hear what you are saying, but call me old fashioned, but if someone is running down the wing and get to the byeline, you want them to be swinging the ball in rather than cutting back to get it on to their better foot.

Or maybe Brown was just having a look? :dontknow:

Personally I'd prefer PP to stay in midfield, could be done with keeping what creativity we have in there.

Yes maybe you're right & it's quite likely given that it was only a kick about against Deveronvale & if I'm honest I'd much rather have a fully fit PP in the team for a full season than Bebo cos he's (imo) a much more exciting player than Bebo.

But chances are he'll (given his history) be injured more than fit, so hope Brown doesn't count on him as his direct replacment though.

I was yankin yer chain min!

I hear what you are saying, but call me old fashioned, but if someone is running down the wing and get to the byeline, you want them to be swinging the ball in rather than cutting back to get it on to their better foot.

:thumbup1:

I agree, especially if your playing footy that's not short passing n fancy.

My manager played me on the left-mid sometimes cause I was the only guy that could use his left foot, was fast & strong, even though I'm right footed and more of an anchor man. More often than not I turned inside for a better cross. It works well against slow/weak full backs. Nothing beat real skilful wingers though tearing down the flanks.

If people are insisting on going by results then we can probably say we're better than Highland League standard but not Bundesliga standard, not a massive revelation I'm sure you'll agree.

And this thread won't hit 250 replies, which tells me some pre-season results must be more important than others :sherlock:

Not going by (pre season) results, just saying, for various reasons, they matter.

I'll say no more about it

Best players tonight IMO were Considine, Low and Clark with Mackie and Robertson also looking good.

Best moment of the match:

Gonzalez' play-acting.

Thought Pawlett did well also. Once he started running he looked untouchable.

Gonzalez did entertain with his 10 rolls on the floor.

What was he doing exactly? How was he overall?

Seemed OK overall, but it was only one game.

He seemed to be caught by a high foot on the hand or chest during the first half. He screamed and fell to the ground and then proceeded to get up onto his knees and did around 5 forward rolls. Even Drogba would have been embarrassed to do that in a game and half the stadium was laughing at him.

Thought Pawlett did well also. Once he started running he looked untouchable.

Gonzalez did entertain with his 10 rolls on the floor.

Only reason I didn't include Pawlett was that he was stuck up front in the first half and was fairly anonymous. You're right though he was much better in the second half after he was pushed onto the RW and he began running at the opposition.

Pretty comfortable win. Almost all the ball but not creating too much until late on when Vale tired.

Gonzalez: A good save and couple of dodgy moments. Moment of match rolling and rolling and rolling around on ground when brushed by forward.

Clark: Decent performance

Robertson: Ok in air, poor on ground. Couldn't cross a ballot paper!!

Arnason: Thought very shaky. Big loon though and talks a lot through game.

Considine: Did ok.

Pawlett: Started up front and lively with plenty flicks and tricks and then went out wide. Excellent in 2nd half and came into own as sub fest went on. Still too easily brushed off ball though.

Milsom: Controlled midfield from word go

Jack: Did ok. Needlessly got involved with Vale player after being fouled then 30 seconds later went for revenge crunch which lucky not to see a card (possibly red in proper game)

Low: Best player on park. Took Vale fullback Hen Broon apart with pace. Got himself into so many good positions then wasted final ball.

Vernon: Worked his arse off but starved of ammunition and never got much chance to score.

Paton: Started off wide right and looked ok for 10/15 mins then went up front. Clean through with 15 yard start on defender and miscontrolled ball twice letting defender back. Then afterwards was just awful.

Subs:

Magennis: Came on and tore apart tired defense.

Mackie: Did ok alongside Magennis

Foster: Almost set up Vale goal with awful pass across goal but got forward well after.

Mawene: Did ok. Not tested at all defensively in latter stages but looks comfortable on ball.

Pretty comfortable win. Almost all the ball but not creating too much until late on when Vale tired.

Gonzalez: A good save and couple of dodgy moments. Moment of match rolling and rolling and rolling around on ground when brushed by forward.

Clark: Decent performance

Robertson: Ok in air, poor on ground. Couldn't cross a ballot paper!!

Arnason: Thought very shaky. Big loon though and talks a lot through game.

Considine: Did ok.

Pawlett: Started up front and lively with plenty flicks and tricks and then went out wide. Excellent in 2nd half and came into own as sub fest went on. Still too easily brushed off ball though.

Milsom: Controlled midfield from word go

Jack: Did ok. Needlessly got involved with Vale player after being fouled then 30 seconds later went for revenge crunch which lucky not to see a card (possibly red in proper game)

Low: Best player on park. Took Vale fullback Hen Broon apart with pace. Got himself into so many good positions then wasted final ball.

Vernon: Worked his arse off but starved of ammunition and never got much chance to score.

Paton: Started off wide right and looked ok for 10/15 mins then went up front. Clean through with 15 yard start on defender and miscontrolled ball twice letting defender back. Then afterwards was just awful.

Subs:

Magennis: Came on and tore apart tired defense.

Mackie: Did ok alongside Magennis

Foster: Almost set up Vale goal with awful pass across goal but got forward well after.

Mawene: Did ok. Not tested at all defensively in latter stages but looks comfortable on ball.

Sounds like the usual Paton performance from the past couple of years now. I'd imagine if someone came in with any sort of offer we'd take it.

How was Foster treated by the fans tonight?

Sounds like the usual Paton performance from the past couple of years now. I'd imagine if someone came in with any sort of offer we'd take it.

How was Foster treated by the fans tonight?

If we sign another striker, I'd try and punt Paton on loan somewhere and promote Megginson to 5th choice striker behind Vernon, new guy, Mackie & Magennis.

He is at best a First Division striker

I take it back when I disagreed with people who said Foster would come back a better player from his spell away. Already his passing has improved from f**king awful to just awful so fair play Fozzy