Inverurie Locos V Aberdeen

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It meant feck all when we lost 5-2 to BMG, it means feck all to win 11-1 against a pub team, and it'll mean feck all when we get chinned by the Spanish.

Day 1 of the 2011-12 season is when we begin to find out if Craig and Archie can turn sh*te into gold.

It meant feck all when we lost 5-2 to BMG, it means feck all to win 11-1 against a pub team, and it'll mean feck all when we get chinned by the Spanish.

Day 1 of the 2011-12 season is when we begin to find out if Craig and Archie can turn sh*te into gold.

This is pretty much spot on.

Other than the importance of building confidence and learning a bit about each other there's nothing much to really read into these results.

Why, do you think the Loco's manager told them to go out and make sure to win the game come hell or high water?

Fine to get a few goals, but I still think he'll have learned more against Moenchengladbach, a far better standard of opposition. If others disagree with that then fair play.

I don't think we'll ever agree on this one buddy.

I absolutely agree with you though. But the result, positive or negative, has a massive bearing on what he takes out of it.

Good performances all round tonight, particularly in the second half when the Locos began to tire. I have to say that Pawlett and Milsom both looked very good when they came on. They are very classy players. Additionally, Foster and Mawene were impressive throughout.

Only player I wasn't really impressed by was Jordan Brown, but he was played out of position on the right wing so I'm not going to read too much into it.

Foster also seemed to go off injured right at the end. However, he did walk off the pitch and down to the changing rooms without any assistance or treatment so hopefully it isn't anything that will hamper his pre-season preparations. McArdle was also absent for the second game in succession, is he injured again?

Good performances all round tonight, particularly in the second half when the Locos began to tire. I have to say that Pawlett and Milsom both looked very good when they came on. They are very classy players. Additionally, Foster and Mawene were impressive throughout.

Only player I wasn't really impressed by was Jordan Brown, but he was played out of position on the right wing so I'm not going to read too much into it.

Foster also seemed to go off injured right at the end. However, he did walk off the pitch and down to the changing rooms without any assistance or treatment so hopefully it isn't anything that will hamper his pre-season preparations. McArdle was also absent for the second game in succession, is he injured again?

McArdle injured either his shoulder or collar bone at the end of last season.

What I noticed from last night was how the players were enjoying themselves and regardless of opposition they kept it going looking for goals and celebrated every one as if were scored in the SPL, well almost.

Liked the look of Mawene, a 100% improvement on Ifil no doubt. Pawlett looked sharp and Foster seemed more composed. Yes only part time Highland league but good entertainment none the less

Rory Mcardle was in the terrace last night. I think he was with family but he walked past me wearing a god awful. What can only be described as, rainbow t-shirt!

Kenny Coull in the paper saying it was a good work out, but he hopes his players can lift their heads up after the RESULT

Still drawing positives despite an 11-1 defeat. No resignation tended after an 11-1 defeat. It will be forgotten as soon as they play their next competitive game...

Whilst Kelt is right - we need to do our talking in matches that matter, I'm quite certain that we'd be a bit peeved if we'd lost 11-1 and someone said that results don't matter. It was a good performance against lesser opposition who were effectively put to the sword. It is what we should expect - we won't have learned how to play against Bundesliga opposition in this match but we will play against "lesser" teams in the Cup. It will be a good confidence booster and it'll be something positive to remember when we kick off the season.

I'm delighted - but it doesn't mean we will win anything.

:scarf:

shirley though, unless were going to play teams who tire out massively in the last 18 mins, then were still left wondering where the goals will come from?

Is it impossible for some of the grumpy f**kers on here ever to be happy and see any of the positives?

could, conversely, be a bad thing. inflated confidence because things they tried against plumbers and school teachers works, but you cant apply that to the SPL

im far from grumpy!

just think if you beat a team 11-1, theres NO point in playing the game

its nothing more than a run around to gain match sharpness, if they score a sh*t load of goals then fine.

you are reading too much in to it

could, conversely, be a bad thing. inflated confidence because things they tried against plumbers and school teachers works, but you cant apply that to the SPL

im far from grumpy!

Would there have been any point if it was 2-0?

im far from grumpy!

It was a testimonial, thats the reason the game was being played. It's not as if they had us in the cup or a league game.