Inverurie Locos V Aberdeen

The results in friendlies are very minor in the scheme of things.

It's not like if we have another sh*t season that we'll look back on last nights result as a consolation, or if we do well this season the result last Saturday won't exactly take the gloss of it.

Brown will know this, and will be far more interested in how players played, formations, sharpness etc than the final result itself.

Is this some people's first pre-season as a football fan?

I mean FFS, there is really no need to have to explain the above.

If they can't get it, you'd be better saving your breath - they're more likely too busy snogging a greenhouse or something.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, no, itd have just highlighted HOW crap we were to only beat them 2-0!

Why capitalise the word how in that sentence?

Anyways, so its only ok to have friendlies against weak teams if we beat them by more than 2 goals, but not score more than say 10?

I'm sure that if we played them 10 times we'd probably not beat them by that much again. Same with Celtic beating us by 9 goals.

because if i was saying it to your face id have altered the way i pronounced it, for emphasis

as for the rest of your post...zzz

Your constant use of emphasis is :sleeping: .

You are basically saying that if we'd won 2-0, you'd have complained. And because we won comprehensively....you are still complaining. Has Stoney hacked your account?

Good physical work-out for the team. Good to get a few goals and to start gelling as a team. Also might help the confidence when it comes to cup competitions. We look a pacey team in midfield but (bar Mitch) upfront we lack real speed. Last night there wasn't really the need to for as mitch did well aided by foster running from left back but in the league we dont have a pacey forward bar him.

no, im not saying that at all

bottom line - we were only playing this game as a testimonial for someone anyway, so its kinda a moot point.

however, i do like the fact there was no sentimentality, we went out and destroyed them

in general though, winning 11-1 is a scoreline which should be expected

Surley a joke, how often do you see teams scoring 11 in friendly matches or cup games against lower league teams, thats a ridiculous thing to say.

I think the biggest positive that comes from this is that we fielded a young side and they did the job with deadly efficiency. Plus there were a number of out of favour fringe players who looked like they were out to impress. It's hard to judge ability too much based on the opposition, but it was a good workout for the mental aspect of the players involved.

Surely the thing to take from a result like that is confidence, no matter what the opposition is. Everyone chipped in with a goal or 2, in Paton's case 3 which is massive for a player so low in confidence. I would far rather see us scoring goals in friendlies than losing them 2 or 3 nil.

How often do you see a scoreline like that ? Man U only beat Crawley by 1, it just doesnt happen its a freak result.

off the top of my head I only remember 1 scottish side humping a highland league team by ten. That was the huns against Keith at pittodrie in a Scottish cup game

i cant be assed trawling for examples, but ill guarantee it happens more often than you think

I bet if you look through results from fa and scottish cup from last 20 years you will find far more lower league teams beating bigger sides than losing by 10. Dont you agree?

Quite often in a one off cup game the pub team will play the absolute game of their lives, like it's a cup final, whereas the bigger team certainly won't be.

If you put an SPL side in the Highland League to play week in week out, you'd get results like this all the time.

Thats never gonna happen though is it.