Stevie Smith - Aluko

Do we think that the fact that we dont appear to be looking at any left sided players means that brown is holding out hope that these two will be returning to the club?

hopefully! aluko gets stick for bein unfit/lazy/weak etc whatever, bollocks. most players of his type are at times! id easy have him back and would hope to see him at his fittest and if he does then he's one of the most dangerous players in the spl! as for smith, doubt he'd want to be here like, but would have him back cos he's solid enough.

I reckon that he will definitely want Stevie Smith, but that will depend entirely on what he and Norwich do this summer. His wages have gone up, but he won't be near their first team. So unless Norwich end up paying him off, or someone is willing to pay a fair percentage of his wage for a loan, I think he may be rotting in their reserves next year.

Think it is a nap that Aluko will end up back here. Also think it is a joke if we take him back.

All went quiet on Smith front but agree must still be holding out hope there. If Norwich have no use for him and wont be in 25 man squad for EPL (which he wont) there will be no point in keeping him there, and assume Norwich will want at least some of his wage off their wage bill for the remaining year of his contract. Suppose it just depends if we can afford 10% or 25% of his wage.

Think it is a nap that Aluko will end up back here. Also think it is a joke if we take him back.

All went quiet on Smith front but agree must still be holding out hope there. If Norwich have no use for him and wont be in 25 man squad for EPL (which he wont) there will be no point in keeping him there, and assume Norwich will want at least some of his wage off their wage bill for the remaining year of his contract. Suppose it just depends if we can afford 10% or 25% of his wage.

Which would be roughly what hartley was on i would assume?

Aluko doesnt play well enough to warrant that tag tup.

When he does play he is unstoppable unfortunately that very rarely happens.

Which would be roughly what hartley was on i would assume?

Aluko doesnt play well enough to warrant that tag tup.

When he does play he is unstoppable unfortunately that very rarely happens.

I think the explanation is more simple.

He hated McGhee, from the moment he stopped him going to play for the Nigerians, and all the accusations that flew around at the time were ridiculous.

If Brown can get him playing, like he did under Calderwood, we have an asset.

Now call it a huff or whatever, but it's fairly difficult to work at your most effective if you detest your boss.

What happens if Aluko refuses to sign the new contract with Aberdeen, but he can't find a club willing to pay the reputed GBP200K compensation?

Is the there a certain time period he'll have to sit out?

He can move outwith the UK for nothing, so maybe he's planning that, Turkey or one of these places that pay stupid wages.

What happens if Aluko refuses to sign the new contract with Aberdeen, but he can't find a club willing to pay the reputed GBP200K compensation?

Is the there a certain time period he'll have to sit out?

I think we'd be due compensation till he turned 23.

He can move outwith the UK for nothing, so maybe he's planning that, Turkey or one of these places that pay stupid wages.

It is at least a UEFA rule (perhaps FIFA, I forget), so I think he would have to move outwith Europe minimum to mean we were entitled to no compensation.

I think we'd be due compensation till he turned 23.

It is at least a UEFA rule (perhaps FIFA, I forget), so I think he would have to move outwith Europe minimum to mean we were entitled to no compensation.

Is that a definite?

I thought, for instance, Fabregas moved for nothing to Arsenal?

Is that a definite?

I thought, for instance, Fabregas moved for nothing to Arsenal?

Fairly certain, why else would it be a rule between Scotland and England otherwise?

As for Fabregas, I always thought there were compensation payments at this time, but they are smaller due to less training costs being incurred?

Think it is a nap that Aluko will end up back here.

My mate was speaking to Sone last week and apparently he said he's definitely leaving to play in England. He's clearly fed up with the SPL and wants to be closer to his family. Given that even the diddy clubs down south seem to be able to offer better wages than us, I'd be very surprised if Aluko is still here next season.

Also think it is a joke if we take him back.

I don't think it would be a joke if we persuaded him to stay on as he's evidently the most skilful player on AFC's books and would be a real asset to the club with a relatively huge potential resale value.

I don't think it would be a joke if we persuaded him to stay on as he's evidently the most skilful player on AFC's books and would be a real asset to the club with a relatively huge potential resale value.

I don't agree. We wouldn't be persuading him to stay, he would be making do with staying with us due to no-one coming in and snapping him up. If he had any interest in staying, the least he'd do is go to pre-season training and keep his fitness up.

Also, on the potential resale point. If no-one is willing to pay

My mate was speaking to Sone last week and apparently he said he's definitely leaving to play in England. He's clearly fed up with the SPL and wants to be closer to his family. Given that even the diddy clubs down south seem to be able to offer better wages than us, I'd be very surprised if Aluko is still here next season.

Hope am wrong but don't think any club in England will be willing to pay circa 300k compensation to sign him so wont be left many options

In his 96 games back at club (after turning us down to go to Blackpool before greetin and wanting to leave) you can count on 1 hand the games he has shown the potential he showed in his loan spell here. Would need 10 hands to count games he was complete passenger.

I don't agree. We wouldn't be persuading him to stay, he would be making do with staying with us due to no-one coming in and snapping him up. If he had any interest in staying, the least he'd do is go to pre-season training and keep his fitness up.

I think this is a point. On his day Aluko can win games practically by himself but he does disappear too often and his attitude at times appears not that great. Frankly if he's not keeping up his training I don't want that attitude at AFC and I doubt any prospective employers would rate it that much either. Conference football beckons and a life of what could have been. Sad.

Aluko just hasn't looked interested at Aberdeen. His heart ain't in it. His talent isn't in doubt, but it's best that he doesn't come IMO.

He clearly doesn't want to be here so don't want him here if it comes that nobody else wants him enough to pay compo. We have seen a sulky Aluko under McGhee and not something we need at the club now as we continue to bin the cancers in our dressing room.

Think he would probably be the last one,

Most of the players we have now have a good attitude but lack ability.