Cricket

Love the reaction of the bowler in the vid! Class! No sypathy or concern for the guy getting yin in the face, purely "foxache , should've caught that!"

As for cricket, enjoy watching the game tbh. Like many sports, knowing the rule is key to enjoyment as is understanding the complexities and subtleties involved/

Still nae idea about field positioning masel, mind.

You kinda summed it all up.

Alot of folk dont like it because they dont understand it.

"It's a poofs game" etc is the cliched response from the unintelligent and parochial. :spanner:

American Football is far more boring - fecking Americans wouldnt know a decent sport if it bit them on their fat asses.

And as for wrestling?!

FFS, grown men in speedos rolling around a canvas pretending they are hurt. Why is that even on Sky Sports? Should be on the Comedy Channel!

You kinda summed it all up.

Alot of folk dont like it because they dont understand it.

"It's a poofs game" etc is the cliched response from the unintelligent and parochial. :spanner:

American Football is far more boring - fecking Americans wouldnt know a decent sport if it bit them on their fat asses.

And as for wrestling?!

FFS, grown men in speedos rolling around a canvas pretending they are hurt. Why is that even on Sky Sports? Should be on the Comedy Channel!

It's played by the English, in cornrow ganseys, at country clubs.

And it's nae a poofs game?

I understand it alright, give me a game of roonders any day with a tennis ball which can be launched across several neighbourhoods followed by thousands of runs as the opposition search umpteen gairdens for it.

It's a great day out... Love the cricket. A better crack than most football games, beer and pies, sun yourself if you get a nice day for it and a perfect excuse to stick it up to the Aussies (and any other old empire countries). And dare I say it far more f**king entertaining than a Dons match... which for some of you will be hard to believe, but imagine watching 10 goals per day in a game...

Nah, Basketball is a good sport, fast pace, moving along, plus at least their stars are made to work(still overpaid mind you)play alot of games per week those lads, plus the draft system, whilst very american gives hope to the smaller teams, as for Grid Iron, utter crap, not a great sport to watch, to stop start. Baseball i cant comment, never watched it.

NFL is arguably the best spectator sport in the world. Any team can win in any given year due to the draft and trade systems. As someone said about cricket above, those who don;t like it usually have no clue about the rules at all and can't follow the subtelties of the game.

Anybody been watching England vs India? Brilliant win for England yesterday, surely now they will kick on and become the number 1 test team in the world.

Watched some of it, some quality batting and bowling from England, also like how they are a much stronger team aswell and bully the other team.

Watched some of it, some quality batting and bowling from England, also like how they are a much stronger team aswell and bully the other team.

India should be stronger in the third test if they have Gambir, Sehwag and Zaheer Khan back. Still I expect at least a win and draw from England which will be enough to claim top sport in the ICC test rankings.

India should be stronger in the third test if they have Gambir, Sehwag and Zaheer Khan back. Still I expect at least a win and draw from England which will be enough to claim top sport in the ICC test rankings.

India are a great side but they just don't look like they are there to fight for this series, when things go their way they are great but England the other day were going with short balls at their batsmen and they just didn't fancy it atall.

Great sport!

Anyone play in the Grades?

I played in the Perthshire League before our team went into abeyence and never recovered. A fantastic game it was though but Freuchie were our downfall. For years and years we kept on getting to the tail end of the Village cup and almost always got knocked out by them. I dont think they are anywhere near as good as they previously were though.

Kintore were a decent side up in the North east if i remember well. And Cults - we had a few ding dong battles with them over the years too.

I miss it.

India are a great side but they just don't look like they are there to fight for this series, when things go their way they are great but England the other day were going with short balls at their batsmen and they just didn't fancy it atall.

Yeah India youngstars are brought up on different pitches, clearly some of them dont fancy English conditions. Still been a fantastic series so far, and England are the best team in the world at the moment so will deserve the ranking.

Great sport!

Anyone play in the Grades?

I play in the grades for Crescent, poor season last year which was my first one, this year in grade 3 has been alright, I started off well then a couple of out first ball games which pissed me off also taken a couple of catches which is good, usually play at point and bat around 9-11.

Horrific sport, canna believe the amount of hard-ons folk get, especially the Guffs over this nonsense.

Good input there. What if every member went into every thread they had no interest in just to post their dislike of said subject? What kind of site would this be?

A mod should know better.

• 2 weeks later...

Well seems the guffs are actually good at this sport.

Currently delivering a coup de grace on the current world ranked number one test team India, soon to be replaced by Ingerlund.

OBE, MBE and knighthoods to follow.

Do BCK still have a team?

I remember A**rew (Is that Fireworks get inside) W*itt***r's old man used to play for them years ago. Used to also be a Thistle Boy's club manager. Out for a duck almost every week. Quack quack.

Do BCK still have a team?

I remember A**rew (Is that Fireworks get inside) W*itt***r's old man used to play for them years ago. Used to also be a Thistle Boy's club manager. Out for a duck almost every week. Quack quack.

I seen his mother's paps while on tour with the Thistle U16s team at Uttoxetor, what I remember, they were perky.

And yes, Buckie has an "A" and "B" cricket team

The "A" team having some success.

http://www.buckiecc.co.uk/honours.html

Well seems the guffs are actually good at this sport.

Currently delivering a coup de grace on the current world ranked number one test team India, soon to be replaced by Ingerlund.

OBE, MBE and knighthoods to follow.

Quite right too, some top performances during the tests, OBE all round is what i say like, cracking display by England against the former number 1 side.

I seen his mother's paps while on tour with the Thistle U16s team at Uttoxetor, what I remember, they were perky.

And yes, Buckie has an "A" and "B" cricket team

The "A" team having some success.

http://www.buckiecc.co.uk/honours.html

I might or might not have had a sniff of her pants while playing snooker in his hoose around the same time as the fireworks incident.

Half the team are bloody South African!

Good point, MiniJC has been so vocal about football players being born in foreign countries only being allowed to play for that country of birth.

Straus, Trott, Pietersen, Prior all born in South Africa and Morgan in Ireland.

But England are not breaking any rules, and have been totally dominant and deserve to be top ranked team.

• 1 year later...

One of the greatest batsmen of all time, Ricky Ponting, has announced he will retire after the forthcoming Australia vs South Africa test match... and I'll be there tomorrow, at the WACA, for the first day! :cheers:

Hopefully Australia will bat first - looking forward to witnessing the reception he gets as he takes to the crease!

One of the greatest batsmen biggest pricks of all time, Ricky Ponting, has announced he will retire after the forthcoming Australia vs South Africa test match... and I'll be there tomorrow, at the WACA, for the first day! :cheers:

Hopefully Australia will bat first - looking forward to witnessing the reception he gets as he takes to the crease!

Hope he gets the first ball directly off his jaw.

He's a fucking wanker.