Brown Hopes For One More Player

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown is hoping to add another striker to his squad before the close of the transfer window.

Brown lost Chris Maguire and Sone Aluko over the summer and has seen the Dons fail to record a win in their opening two games of the new SPL season.

He has made numerous changes since arriving at Pittodrie last December and he hopes to continue to rejuvenate the squad before the end of August.

"We've got the budget left for one player," said Brown. "We might have to get down on our knees and beg the chairman to give us a bit more support to get further reinforcements.

"We can only replace the players we lost. We brought in (Youl) Mawene for (Zander) Diamond, we brought in (Isaac) Osbourne for (Paul) Hartley. It was like for like.

"We've lost two forward players in Maguire and Aluko and we have the budget to get at least one forward player.

"We're looking conscientiously to get that player."

The bits in bold worry me alot and really puts me off for the season, we need atleast 3 more players, 5 players and we would be able to compete abit more but with comments like that then I won't hold my breath, bottom 6 looms.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bits in bold worry me alot and really puts me off for the season, we need atleast 3 more players, 5 players and we would be able to compete abit more but with comments like that then I won't hold my breath, bottom 6 looms.

I hope that he means that we can only get one more player in as a FT signing but can still also add a couple/few loans.

If his meaning is that we can only get in one in total whether FT or loan we are completely screwed.

"We can only replace the players we lost. We brought in (Youl) Mawene for (Zander) Diamond, we brought in (Isaac) Osbourne for (Paul) Hartley. It was like for like.

ok then.

So Foster & Clark replace McNamee & Smith I assume.

Arnason replaces Young?

Gonzalez & Brown replace Clangers & Howard.

All the rest in the squad were there last season & yet we haven't replaced (as yet) Vujadinovic, Aluko, Bebo,Blackman (I'll forget about Anderson).

So replace the players we lost then & get a shift on with it! It's the very least we should be expecting :dontknow:

ok then.

So Foster & Clark replace McNamee & Smith I assume.

Arnason replaces Young?

Gonzalez & Brown replace Clangers & Howard.

All the rest in the squad were there last season & yet we haven't replaced (as yet) Vujadinovic, Aluko, Bebo,Blackman (I'll forget about Anderson).

So replace the players we lost then & get a shift on with it! It's the very least we should be expecting :dontknow:

Vuju and blackman were loans so hopefully the couple of loan deals he keeps talkng abput near wndow close is to replace them. Means if we get striker we still have to replace Aluko.

We've heard all this before. It's just coming out of Craig Brown's mouth now instead of McGhee's or Calderwood's.

In fact you can pretty much predict what might happen. Near the end of August when we're still languishing in the bottom few places, the penny will finally drop with the board, that we need players. Money, that wasn't there before, will magically be made available for a couple of average players before the window shuts, to ensure we are slightly less sh*te than perhaps your St Johnstones or your Dunfermlines.

We need to get shot of dross like Mackie, McGennis & Paton ASAP and get in mobile thinking forwards that can score at least 5-10 a season each. Those 3 will be lucky to get 10 collectively over a whole season.

I'm very worried at the lack of creativity in this side. Should Pawlett get injured again (which he will), I can't see any other players capable of creating chances. A team short on width & creativity ain't filling me with confidence. There's surely no way we'll get a result against Celtic and we might get a lucky draw against Hearts. If that's the case my worst fears about a poor pre-season leading to a poor start will be confirmed.

I hope we don't start the season played 4, lost 3 and drew 1.

We need to get shot of dross like Mackie, McGennis & Paton ASAP and get in mobile thinking forwards that can score at least 5-10 a season each. Those 3 will be lucky to get 10 collectively over a whole season.

I'm very worried at the lack of creativity in this side. Should Pawlett get injured again (which he will), I can't see any other players capable of creating chances. A team short on width & creativity ain't filling me with confidence. There's surely no way we'll get a result against Celtic and we might get a lucky draw against Hearts. If that's the case my worst fears about a poor pre-season leading to a poor start will be confirmed.

I hope we don't start the season played 4, lost 3 and drew 1.

We'll be lucky to have 4 points after 7 games imo

"We might have to get down on our knees and beg the chairman to give us a bit more support to get further reinforcements.

Just remember to take out the dentures. Get more money that way.

Brown should take care, he may rupture smething if he has to get down onto his knees :rolleyes:

Where's this report taken from anyway??

Goodwillie will be sold so Utd will need him replaced & have some money to afford as much if not more wages than us on his replacement.

ICT need more up front also.

Hibs do also.

Any decent strikers out there that are looking for a club (whether loans or not) & may consider the SPL would most likely choose Utd or Hibs over us in reality now.

We'd likely be a better option that ICT but maybe not.

Sad sad times indeed

1 player? :hysterical:

are you f**king kidding me. so glad i opted to play this season rather than go along watching that s*ite every week then be fed pish like this. i don't know how brown can complain, he knew the budget and he decided to sign central midfielders when it's glaringly f**king obvious we need attacking players. 1 won't cut it. no-one man even messi could turn us around, we need at least 3 probibly 4. what a shambles we are, year on year we get worse.

1 player? :hysterical:

are you f**king kidding me. so glad i opted to play this season rather than go along watching that s*ite every week then be fed pish like this. i don't know how brown can complain, he knew the budget and he decided to sign central midfielders when it's glaringly f**king obvious we need attacking players. 1 won't cut it. no-one man even messi could turn us around, we need at least 3 probibly 4. what a shambles we are, year on year we get worse.

i agree ebbe 100%

1 player is a sure fire way of pissing the fans off and no doubt crowds will drop rapidly unless we pick up some points within the next 4 games. We should be loaning rubbish like Paton & McGennis out for a start n get some EPL young guns on loan.

Personally I feel we're short of a LB, AMC, LW & 2 Strikers. That's 5 players, one is an outrageous statement from AFC when every fan knows we need at least 3-5 new players of good quality. The teams got no width or the creativity to play a narrow game. Add to that we have a shocking strike force.

Brown better pull off a top signing upfront or it won't be long (XMAS) before the fans turn on him and I'd hate to see that, especially as AK is there.

Clearly Brown wasnt giving the maguire money or will not be giving the money eventually given to by Aluko. How hes supposed to make a better team without that money is not going to happen. Already seen this by the first two games.

Dont expect them to release the full 600 k but surely they could give him part of it.

Link to original post.

Board bullshitted Brown

Seems exactly right.... lost our two best footballers and the board is going to make the auld lad beg for funds, even though those two wages are sitting doing nothing.

Of course they won't give him any more funds, they just want to watch him beg.

Poor Craig... Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Shouldnt have spunked the budget on Arnsson, And osbourne then

two players that wernt in priority positions.

wasted a good oppertunity at a good start to the season, now we have put serious pressure on ourselfs for the next home game.

an unbalanced squad of mark mcghee proportions.

Shouldnt have spunked the budget on Arnsson, And osbourne then

two players that wernt in priority positions.

wasted a good oppertunity at a good start to the season, now we have put serious pressure on ourselfs for the next home game.

an unbalanced squad of mark mcghee proportions.

Arnason has showed his versatility already and osbourne can play both midfield and def.. Dont agree that they werent useful signings.