Joey Barton

The best player in an over performing team last season. How was he overpaid?

The club stood by him as he did when they were in the Championship also? He didn't try to leave when the club went down as he felt he owed them something. He played and got injured and when he came back was played out on the wing but didn't complain as the players before him deserved to keep their position.

The guy was a massive bellend before, he admits this himself. He also says it's not what he did before but what he does now that should define him and I don't see what he's doing wrong here?

shame shame poor Joey, hes been cut to 40k a week for 3 years after havining spent 77days in jail, probably being paid (nae sure) when any of us would be sacked.......hes a fecken moron of the highest order, if he was that interested in his club, and loved it so much, he would have accepted the offer.

They offered him a 3rd of his wages not 2/3... So thats 20k a week instead of 60. No much wonder hes not going to accept that. As others have said, he stood by the club in the championship and could have left like the duffs etc... He has constantly said he doesnt want to leave but is speaking out against the board so the fans know exactly what is going on at their club. They are selling their best players but not replacing them even though they have more than 40 m in the bank from the sales of Carroll and Nolan.

They offered him a 3rd of his wages not 2/3... So thats 20k a week instead of 60. No much wonder hes not going to accept that. As others have said, he stood by the club in the championship and could have left like the duffs etc... He has constantly said he doesnt want to leave but is speaking out against the board so the fans know exactly what is going on at their club. They are selling their best players but not replacing them even though they have more than 40 m in the bank from the sales of Carroll and Nolan.

20k a week, i have a feeling thats nae true....unless theres a link?

Brilliant player would take him at Leeds in a heartbeat. Very loyal too if you read into his twitter posts. He mentions that he loves the fans and last week said there's big problems behind the club that he loves. He's not happy because his contract offer was shambolic and Newcastle are showing no ambition selling Nolan to West Ham WTF???, Enrique is off too and they have barely touched the money they got from ponytail leaving. There might be something going on behind the scene, maybe Ashley has pocketed that cash and isn't willing to spend. I can't blame Barton if this is the case....

Also said he couldn't wait to play at Elland Road in the friendly last week quoted as "great club with great fans" - that's a winner for me.

• 3 weeks later...

brilliant player though.

good player and I stand by my comment 3 weeks ago.

whilst many were pissing their pants on his ability and people were quoting that 5/1 was a great price for him joining Arsenal..... see below, hes probably 5000/1 now to join Arsenal.

Considering his cock of an agent reckons Arsenal want him and a HOST of top clubs.....lets see where he ends up.

good player and I stand by my comment 3 weeks ago.

whilst many were pissing their pants on his ability and people were quoting that 5/1 was a great price for him joining Arsenal..... see below, hes probably 5000/1 now to join Arsenal.

Considering his cock of an agent reckons Arsenal want him and a HOST of top clubs.....lets see where he ends up.

You talk a heap of sh*te min, you really do.

• 4 months later...

I never clicked on it, canna access twitter.

Even if I could, I wouldna.

Lot of shit all that tweeting, nobody gives a fuck what you think folks.

It isn't a link to twitter.

However you responded by saying this:

"Why is he allowed to get away with that?

He's clearly thick, someone should stop him, for his own sake."

If you didn't click the link why are you asking why he's allowed to get away with that when there is no indication of what he's done.

For all you know the link could say he's donated 10 million pounds to a charity of your choice.

I think you maybe have clicked the link and have been duped into thinking it's real.

If not you've outed yourself as a ranting lunatic who disagrees with things he hasn't seen. :trophy:

So what is it?

Did you click and believe or did you reply with a generic load of bollocks?

It isn't a link to twitter.

However you responded by saying this:

"Why is he allowed to get away with that?

He's clearly thick, someone should stop him, for his own sake."

If you didn't click the link why are you asking why he's allowed to get away with that when there is no indication of what he's done.

For all you know the link could say he's donated 10 million pounds to a charity of your choice.

I think you maybe have clicked the link and have been duped into thinking it's real.

If not you've outed yourself as a ranting lunatic who disagrees with things he hasn't seen. :trophy:

So what is it?

Did you click and believe or did you reply with a generic load of bollocks?

Come on min answer the question.

I dinna bother clicking on your links boofon, they're invariably pish, I've had my fingers burned in the past, wasting seconds of my life on nonsense.

I was just making a generic comment about Barton and his use of the internet medium of twitter to spout off about things that should be kept in-house.

No wonder Newcastle basically sacked the cunt.

I do indeed disagree with things I have not seen.

You for a start, you cunt.

I dinna bother clicking on your links boofon, they're invariably pish, I've had my fingers burned in the past, wasting seconds of my life on nonsense.

I was just making a generic comment about Barton and his use of the internet medium of twitter to spout off about things that should be kept in-house.

No wonder Newcastle basically sacked the cunt.

I do indeed disagree with things I have not seen.

You for a start, you cunt.

So it was the second part?

Nugget.

You should start clicking my links.