Rugby World Cup

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tricky group for us but not impossible to get through from. The Argies will be a tough test as they are a bunch of animals, so i reckon that will be our hardest game not the Guffs.

Argentina have been p**s poor in the run up to this. We should not fear them. Nor the guffs for that matter. We do need to be mindful that the games v Georgia and Romania could turn into a bit of an arm wrestle if we're not careful as both have monster packs, these games are also just 4 days apart.

We have every chance of winning our group (how often can you say that about a Scotland team) and avoiding the All Blacks in the QF.

Argentina have been p**s poor in the run up to this. We should not fear them. Nor the guffs for that matter. We do need to be mindful that the games v Georgia and Romania could turn into a bit of an arm wrestle if we're not careful as both have monster packs, these games are also just 4 days apart.

We have every chance of winning our group (how often can you say that about a Scotland team) and avoiding the All Blacks in the QF.

There will be a lot of support for the Scottish in New Zealand (they have a thing for us in certain parts), the England game should be a spectacle

Gutting that they all play for the weegies - although Moray Low is a tim (I think) so not sure he counts! Edinburgh Rugby represent the whole of the east coast, so all the Edinburgh players could be Aberdeen players.

In theory Glasgow represent Caledonia which would include Aberdeen. In practice that's meaningless. The Caledonian Reds when they existed failed because they were not based in Aberdeen (they were principally based in Perth but played some games in Aberdeen). There will come a time again when the SRU will launch further Pro Teams and, almost certainly, the nextone will be in Aberdeen.

Nikki Walker, whose injury 5 mins from end of Italy game ruled him out, is also from Aberdeen. As is former Scotland Captain Jason White.

Aberdeen Grammar play in Scottish Premier One.

Internationals at Pittodrie attract double the crowd that the Dons do ;)

Rugby in the granite city is not entirely dead.

• 3 weeks later...

Scotland 34-24 Romania

Romania were up 24-21 with about 15 minutes to go! Couldn't believe it.

Scotland get the bonus point for scoring 4 tries in the match.

Got murdered up front by a team that probably doesn't have the biggest pack in the group. But, still got the win with bonus point.

Front row were let down by a 2nd row that were too lightweight to compete with the opposition. Looks like AR has seen that, and made some changes that should strenghthen the front 5 against Georgia.

Hopefully should allow the backs to get some good ball, and get over the tryline a few times. Could really do with getting another BP win.

Never liked Dan Parks. He seems to miss alot more than what Paterson does but still gets a game ahead of him nowadays.

Scotland need atleast 1 try to win this game.

Most of the time when Georgia get into the Scotland 22 they give away a penalty.

Play in different positions; Mossy is seen more a full back rather than a stand off. Though a lot of folk say that Mossy is the best Scottish stand-off.

Could do with a try or two in this game; think we could have had at least one already if we stopped dropping the ball!

Scotland were dropping it way too much in the 22. I'm glad we got another win in our 'stepping stone' group fixtures. A win against Argentina next and we are through. Then to beat the minks!

On Dan Parks. He is a different position and the best at his. I'm guessing we only play one of Parks/Paterson at a time incase of an injury.

Canna see me getting involved in street parties should we win the Egg Chasing Cup. Drinking heavily whilst lighting each ithers farts and drinking nips of each others jizz and all that rugby stuff.

World cup my arse, there's only a handful of nations remotely interested in fat gay guys running about in odd directions chasing an odd shaped ball whilst trying to feel each other up, unfortunately Scotland is one of them, however north of the border towns nobody gives a fuck.

83-7 to the Kiwi's

This really is a tournament that brings up next to fuck all shocks.

With the exception perhaps of the Canada win there have been no real shocks.

Although a lot of the games have been closer than most people expected. (with the exception of NZ today)

I heard a stat that of the first 11 games the "underdog" won on the handicap score with most bookies in 10 of those games.

Watched the ABs against France this morning, on that performance they should just scrap the remainder of the tournament and give the hosts the trophy now. France came out the traps like men possessed but still ended up getting turned over. NZ were just far too powerful, and their backs far too slick. NO-ONE can live with them on that kind of form, not even the other tri-nations teams.

Huge game for Scotland tomorrow morning, I'm already quite nervous about it. Our recent record against Argentina is good, but we need to win or we're fucked, even if we beat England in the last game, because the Argies will almost certainly collect a bonus point in their last game. 'mon the boys.

Watched the ABs against France this morning, on that performance they should just scrap the remainder of the tournament and give the hosts the trophy now. France came out the traps like men possessed but still ended up getting turned over. NZ were just far too powerful, and their backs far too slick. NO-ONE can live with them on that kind of form, not even the other tri-nations teams.

Huge game for Scotland tomorrow morning, I'm already quite nervous about it. Our recent record against Argentina is good, but we need to win or we're fucked, even if we beat England in the last game, because the Argies will almost certainly collect a bonus point in their last game. 'mon the boys.

Heard France played reserves as losing would be more beneficial for possible half of draw in next rounds.

Heard France played reserves as losing would be more beneficial for possible half of draw in next rounds.

Nah, they were relatively full-strength. Only odd (very odd!) aspect of the line-up was putting Morgan Parra at stand-off as he's a scrum-half by trade. Having said that, things didn't improve very much when they brought on Trinh-Duc, who is an actual stand-off.