Video Games

s1dnk

On 1/20/2021 at 3:06 AM, StandFree1982 said:

You should give Immortals Fenyx Rising a go. It's quite similar to Zelda BotW, but I actually prefer it. No weapon breaking, a lot more "shrines" to complete and puzzles around the world. Really enjoyable tbh. I hated BotW weapon breaking system, it completely ruined it for me as anytime I got a semi decent weapon, i'd never use it because I didn't want to break it. Pointless. 

Bought it on your recommendation. Really enjoying it so far. 

• Upvote 1

Got 48% into Shadow of the Tombraider on STEAM and my fuckin' controllers stopped workin'.  Tried a couple but none work.  Noticed they were a bit glitchy the last few days and the fuckin' game didn't save my progress.  They work fine on other games and seems common issue on this game with third party controllers. No help from STEAM because it's not a recommended controller.  Waste o' fuckin' time.  Had to batter the wife instedd.  Shower o' cunts am fuckin' ragin'.  Aye, I know, dry yer eyes and move on.  Wank!!!!

On 2/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, Beachend Bootboy said:

Currently downloading Jedi: Faller Order.  Not that I'm a Star Wars fan but the game looks to be similar in style to the Tombraider ones, so I'll give that a go.

It's more like Demon Souls than Tomb Raider in that you need to be very careful with every enemy you're up against or you'll be struck down fairly quickly. It also has you losing your experience points if you die and have to go back and collect them from the enemy that killed you.

9 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

It's more like Demon Souls than Tomb Raider in that you need to be very careful with every enemy you're up against or you'll be struck down fairly quickly. It also has you losing your experience points if you die and have to go back and collect them from the enemy that killed you.

Yeah, I have Demon Souls III but like RDR II I havn't really got into it yet.  Being a fud, I play the games on the easy settings to start with.?

I have started playing an older game recently: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Its very different to the strategy type games I normally play on PC but I am really enjoying it.  I remember version of rpg games from decades ago and it was so much harder to implement property then.  I remember just wandering about not know what I was supposed to do, but this has a  great system to list tasks and swap between them.

Its quite old now, (10 yrs?), but looks fantastic on my newer (but still 6 yr old) PC.

I always miss online SOCOM 2 on PS2, 8 v 8.  Would love to find a similar experience on PC (I think you can get a SOCOM emulator lol)

6 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I have started playing an older game recently: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Its very different to the strategy type games I normally play on PC but I am really enjoying it.  I remember version of rpg games from decades ago and it was so much harder to implement property then.  I remember just wandering about not know what I was supposed to do, but this has a  great system to list tasks and swap between them.

Its quite old now, (10 yrs?), but looks fantastic on my newer (but still 6 yr old) PC.

I always miss online SOCOM 2 on PS2, 8 v 8.  Would love to find a similar experience on PC (I think you can get a SOCOM emulator lol)

You're basically playing one of the most popular and best selling games of all time there!

It's been updated and implemented on almost every system going, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did a PS5 upgrade soon as well.

It's very good. Also recommend Oblivion, it's predecessor, and the one before it, Morrowind. Morrowind is great but it's very dated now. 

4 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

You're basically playing one of the most popular and best selling games of all time there!

It's been updated and implemented on almost every system going, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did a PS5 upgrade soon as well.

It's very good. Also recommend Oblivion, it's predecessor, and the one before it, Morrowind. Morrowind is great but it's very dated now. 

That's a good point, I got it in a steam sale and there was all kinds off add-ons with with it.  You can even buy a house now, something I am saving up for, so I have somewhere to keep all my stuff.

A long time ago I had an xbox 360 and had Oblivion for that.  I had actually forgotten about it, until I bought Skyrim and saw the name of it  (at first I wondered if I had Skyrim before, but it was definitely Oblivion). 

I enjoyed it, but it got to the same old point of losing track with it and it becoming aimless.  I have always loved games, but I am not someone who gets totally immersed, I tend to either drift away from not having enough time to play, or just get bored with it.

They have announced a new one is coming out.

Any recommendations on a team shooter for PC?

Just now, Clydeside_Sheep said:

That's a good point, I got it in a steam sale and there was all kinds off add-ons with with it.  You can even buy a house now, something I am saving up for, so I have somewhere to keep all my stuff.

A long time ago I had an xbox 360 and had Oblivion for that.  I had actually forgotten about it, until I bought Skyrim and saw the name of it  (at first I wondered if I had Skyrim before, but it was definitely Oblivion). 

I enjoyed it, but it got to the same old point of losing track with it and it becoming aimless.  I have always loved games, but I am not someone who gets totally immersed, I tend to either drift away from not having enough time to play, or just get bored with it.

They have announced a new one is coming out.

Any recommendations on a team shooter for PC?

Skyrim does have quest markers so at least you're not wandering around aimlessly, not having a clue like Morrowind. That basically had a wall of text and gave you directions to where you needed to go by text, and that was often harder to interpret than the actual quest. 

I'm afraid i'm not realy an online shooter fan, and definitely not on a PC. I'd be absolutely terrible at it nowadays, getting destroyed by kids in their mums basement (at games that is, not some weird Jimmy Saville stuff) 

On 2/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, Beachend Bootboy said:

Currently downloading Jedi: Faller Order.  Not that I'm a Star Wars fan but the game looks to be similar in style to the Tombraider ones, so I'll give that a go.

Finished that one tonight.  Excellent game I thought.  Some frame speed/freeze issues but that seems common across platforms for this one and getting back to base (space ship) was a bit frustrationg at times as there no fast travel but all in all I really enjoyed it.

Dunno what to go for now.  I'm thinkin' Mass Effect Andromeda.  On sale at STEAM for just over 8 quid.

On 2/16/2021 at 4:18 PM, StandFree1982 said:

Skyrim does have quest markers so at least you're not wandering around aimlessly, not having a clue like Morrowind. That basically had a wall of text and gave you directions to where you needed to go by text, and that was often harder to interpret than the actual quest.

I laughed to see Skyrim recommended back in the 2nd and (by you) 3rd posts on this thread!

I am enjoying it, a faster pace from my more recent games (turn based strategy etc).

Yesterday I cleared a bunch of vampires out of a cave complex, which was quite tricky.  As I emerged, victorious and eager for some respite, i was immediately attacked by a fierce dragon, which I killed with great difficulty.   Then my horse and I were chased through the woods by a large bear, which seemingly had the beating of my horse at a gallop. 

Phew!

And I am caryring so much stuff I can barely stand!

But it is fun!