Video Games

s1dnk

2 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Settled on single player, campaign mode Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Totally forgot that I've never played the single player mode of that. I bought it and played the multiplayer for a few months and then never touched it again. 

Might fire it up. Single player any good?

I've only been playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater these last few months. 

1 minute ago, styrofoamplates said:

Totally forgot that I've never played the single player mode of that. I bought it and played the multiplayer for a few months and then never touched it again. 

Might fire it up. Single player any good?

I've only been playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater these last few months. 

It's ok.  Personally I don't think anywhere as good as Fallen Order (I really, really enjoyed that one).  It's more of a straight shooter than stealth and search tho it does have a wee bit of that too.  I'll plug away with it tho and hopefully finish it next week sometime.

1 minute ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

It's ok.  Personally I don't think anywhere as good as Fallen Order (I really, really enjoyed that one).  It's more of a straight shooter than stealth and search tho it does have a wee bit of that too.  I'll plug away with it tho and hopefully finish it next week sometime.

Yeah I prefer more of a stealth and search game. Fallen Order any good? Never played it!

Just now, styrofoamplates said:

Yeah I prefer more of a stealth and search game. Fallen Order any good? Never played it!

Well, as I'm a recent game completer, having played for about 20 years I couldna' get anywhere with games (think I spoke about this before).  Anyhow, I'd get annoyed at gettin' killed and just fuck em off.  However, before Xmas I decided to percivere and complete a game.  I got through 3 of the most recent Wolfenstein games and then the 3 most recent Tomb Raider games.  All finished.  So I was looking for something similar to the Tomb Raider ones and took a chance on Fallen Order, not expecting to enjoy it as much as TR but I did, if not more.  I thought it was ace.  I doesn't have a fast travel ability so at the end of each mission you have to retrace your movements to get back to your ship to embark on the next stage.  That can be a bit frustrating but you generally open shortcuts going through the level to make it a bit easier/quicker to get back.  I'd certainy reckommend it.

12 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Well, as I'm a recent game completer, having played for about 20 years I couldna' get anywhere with games (think I spoke about this before).  Anyhow, I'd get annoyed at gettin' killed and just fuck em off.  However, before Xmas I decided to percivere and complete a game.  I got through 3 of the most recent Wolfenstein games and then the 3 most recent Tomb Raider games.  All finished.  So I was looking for something similar to the Tomb Raider ones and took a chance on Fallen Order, not expecting to enjoy it as much as TR but I did, if not more.  I thought it was ace.  I doesn't have a fast travel ability so at the end of each mission you have to retrace your movements to get back to your ship to embark on the next stage.  That can be a bit frustrating but you generally open shortcuts going through the level to make it a bit easier/quicker to get back.  I'd certainy reckommend it.

Cheers! I'll maybe download it the next time there is a Playstation sale on!

Just now, styrofoamplates said:

Cheers! I'll maybe download it the next time there is a Playstation sale on!

Aye, worth a stab.  I play on PC via Steam or Origin (EA) I think I paid 17 schnatts for it.  Certainly worth that.

Funny thing tho, Battlefront 2 is on Steam for £34 and I got it on Origin for £5.48.  Always worth checking.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:15 PM, Beachend Bootboy said:

Aye, worth a stab.  I play on PC via Steam or Origin (EA) I think I paid 17 schnatts for it.  Certainly worth that.

Funny thing tho, Battlefront 2 is on Steam for £34 and I got it on Origin for £5.48.  Always worth checking.

Finished Battlefront 2 Campaign mode.  Glad I got it for a fiver and didn't pay the £34.  Only interested in single player campaign so haven't bothered with the co-op or multi player/online modes.  Pleased enough I played it but not a patch on Fallen Order imo.

30 minutes ago, Poodler said:

as I hit C, it came up with CuntEmpire.com.

I remember at Uni, in the computer lab with a friend, we were searching the web for info for our theses.

I remember him doing a search for "incinerators" and one of the first results was "gay black cocks", thought I was going to die laughing.

(this was in the days of loads of wacky search engines being about, before google dominance and we were using browsers like netscape navigator)

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Ridiculously hard at times. Still recommend it.

Just got 'The last of us 2'. Going to give it a go this weekend.

I have just downloaded Playstation Now for my PC (where I play all my games) so I might have a go at some Playstation games rather than wait to see if they appear on Steam.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a ZX Spectrum and Amiga 500+, a couple of years ago I binned them during moving house.

Didn't feel good doing it, but was never going to use them again.

Being an old fart, still remember the classic games like Chuckie egg, Jet Set Willy, The Way of the Exploding Fist, Zool, and Sensible Soccer.

To name but a few.

Quick question can anything be done with the original XBOX.

Is it not or could be a decent media device

• 11 months later...

It's TV games. We're not in bloody America.

I used to enjoy playing Miner 2049er on my Atari. I remember it being fiendishly difficult but that's about all I remember.

I've got a Nintendo Switch but I never use it. It's for the grandkid to piss about with when he visits. Although he is now mostly into a game called Fortnight on the computer. Looks shite. 

I packed it in once the joysticks started to have more than one button on them.