Aberdeen U19's

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said last nite that for the youngsters to feature between now & season end, will basically depend on whether we're still in the cup or not.

To me that's a terrible attitude.

"We're in the cup final x, but I'm sorry, we have to go with Darren, or Josh, for the rest of the season, even though they have as much chance as you have of actually being involved". Even though you mat actually bring more to the party". "But Darren has a bit of experience, he was in the crowd during our last cup final you know, so out of loyalty he must get his cup final suit, even though he is actually shite".

If Brown has faith in these young lads then get them some matchday, or big game experience. You never know, they may actually thrive on it.

"We're in the cup final x, but I'm sorry, we have to go with Darren, or Josh, for the rest of the season, even though they have as much chance as you have of actually being involved". Even though you mat actually bring more to the party". "But Darren has a bit of experience, he was in the crowd during our last cup final you know, so out of loyalty he must get his cup final suit, even though he is actually shite".

If Brown has faith in these young lads then get them some matchday, or big game experience. You never know, they may actually thrive on it.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine if our manager had had this attitude at the time that Eoin Jess was breaking into the side???

Good enough, yer old enough now go & make a name for yersel youngun.

Be a young hero & make a massive impression at Hampden :sheepdance:

Correct Ollie, but Brown has never been a fan of playing younger players - look at the Scotland team he managed FFS. Full of centre halves and old men.

He's a dinosaur that won't change.

And we've got another year of this pish left as well before anything can change.

• 2 weeks later...

spot fecken on

spot fecken on

There's a subtle difference though, and that's both Jess and Booth came in to an Aberdeen side that had experienced, decent, hard working professionals. Not the bunch of below average, workshy, journeymen we have in the side now.

Most talented young lads look at home when they are introduced to a winning side, or at least, one that has players that will encourage and help their development... not shout at them when someone else makes a mistake (as in Ricky baheed Foster).

Fair enough in meaningless league games between now and May, but the pressure of a Cup Final has got to many a young player in the past.

We have too Cameron Smiths. Ones of Indian origin. They call him "brown cammy" so nobody gets confused.

Two not too.

A bit too owly for my liking being a twit with too.

Which one has Ollie backed?

Hope it's not the Indian one.

That will only result in bad kurma later in life.