Us Customs And Immigration

BrianFaePerth

Have similar problems with border control for some reason... and the best thing you can do, regardless of how rude they are, is to be as calm and polite as you can possibly be. If you start getting belligerent they'll do a real number on you.

The problem with that is that I have no real mechanism that allows me to be calm and polite in the face of dickish people, regardless of whether or not they're the guys with the rubber gloves. I've spent a LOT of time sitting in holding areas just because I won't just stfu.

Doesn't help that the wife's Arab-American. She's got the temper on her, and I've often heard her giving the customs twats sh*t as they frogmarch me off for further inspection. Its got so that I'm pretty familiar with the border control office on the Ambassador Bridge.

Enjoy Florida, man... rent an orange convertible Mustang and tear around with the top down... great fun :thumbs:

112_0703_01z+2009_chevrolet_camaro_convertible+front_right.jpg

Worth a bit of hassle at customs, for sure.

How was the flight in?

Have similar problems with border control for some reason... and the best thing you can do, regardless of how rude they are, is to be as calm and polite as you can possibly be. If you start getting belligerent they'll do a real number on you.

The problem with that is that I have no real mechanism that allows me to be calm and polite in the face of dickish people, regardless of whether or not they're the guys with the rubber gloves. I've spent a LOT of time sitting in holding areas just because I won't just stfu.

Doesn't help that the wife's Arab-American. She's got the temper on her, and I've often heard her giving the customs twats sh*t as they frogmarch me off for further inspection. Its got so that I'm pretty familiar with the border control office on the Ambassador Bridge.

Enjoy Florida, man... rent an orange convertible Mustang and tear around with the top down... great fun :thumbs:

112_0703_01z+2009_chevrolet_camaro_convertible+front_right.jpg

Worth a bit of hassle at customs, for sure.

How was the flight in?

Aye, eh'm similar, eh canna stand they c**ts, and show it.

Eh'm back hame in Bergen the now tho.

Florida was good, when ye fly Upper Class, no flight is bad :cool:

Was in NY nae long after I turned 18 with my school. Wasn't a problem in America but London Heathrow thought it would have a wee f**king go at me.

After some fat thick bitch in the party decided to leave her passport on the plane and the lot of us had to wait in an awkward spot while they went back to get help and find it with 2 of the 3 teachers.

So 6ft3' big chunt Dandie1992 is standing there with no hand luggage (I sleep on planes so I've nae need) standing a good few inches above the other kids in the class. Next thing yi ken is 2 big security Landaners decide that I'm dodgy one, tell the remaining teacher to bugger aff and chuck me in a room, leave me to sweat, ask me the basic "where you going? why?" etc etc for 3 hour while I miss my connection back up to Aberdeen with the rest of the class. Throw me in the body scanner for good measure and leave me to make my own way home.

I just got the impression they were looking for a reaction. Vankstains!

Was in NY nae long after I turned 18 with my school. Wasn't a problem in America but London Heathrow thought it would have a wee f**king go at me.

After some fat thick bitch in the party decided to leave her passport on the plane and the lot of us had to wait in an awkward spot while they went back to get help and find it with 2 of the 3 teachers.

So 6ft3' big chunt Dandie1992 is standing there with no hand luggage (I sleep on planes so I've nae need) standing a good few inches above the other kids in the class. Next thing yi ken is 2 big security Landaners decide that I'm dodgy one, tell the remaining teacher to bugger aff and chuck me in a room, leave me to sweat, ask me the basic "where you going? why?" etc etc for 3 hour while I miss my connection back up to Aberdeen with the rest of the class. Throw me in the body scanner for good measure and leave me to make my own way home.

I just got the impression they were looking for a reaction. Vankstains!

We went to the Satrosphere on our school trips...

a pal of mine went on holiday to see his mate in the us. he'd been before, but when he got to america he f**ked up. when the border boy asked him if he was going to work, aye maybe, might get a wee job, ye never know.

no yer no

straight on the plane back to bonnie scotland.

Yaaas.. America... Deported... :hysterical:

Me: "Um, avoid the hurricane?". Aye, eh kent fine humour is best avoided wi these c**ts, but eh was desperate.

Seriously?

Why didn't you just go with, "Hopefully avoid another September 11th!"

You could even make it personal by adding " ... I heard you boys were in on that anyway."

First time i went to orlando the guy at the desk thought it would be funny to say there was an issue with my sisters passport and mine too, let my parents through and said we had to wait, was rather scary given that I was only 12 or 13, about 10 minutes later he then started laughing and said we were fine and let us through.

Similar situation going into L.A.

Work in oil, so passport full of stamps and visas from all over place. Get the 3rd degree even though only in transit heading to Canada for work. Why visit so many countries? Why travel so much? What you do for a living? Non-stop until the flight to Canada almost closed, just made it in time.

Fly into Houston with same passport, guy takes it, flicks through pages, asks me "you work in oil patch yeah?" I say yup, No problem mate, on your way.

A lot depends on whether the guy/gal got laid the night before!!!!

Had one going into Israel once as well

Only booked it Thursday and flew out Sat morning. It was a 3 hour security check in at Heathrow and BA had lost one of my bags on flight down fae the Deen so there was I, on my jack, 1 bag, passport full of Libyas, Algerias and a couple of Stans thrown in and had to explained why it had only been booked only 48hrs previous. I said I was in the oil business so they presumed I had been to Saudi and it was not looking good. Had to get my bag taken away and then I got searched, right down to the scud near enough and they pulled my fkn camera and personal stereo apart (pre ipod days).

Could not think of any jokes that might have helped the cause but in the long run I hooked up with an Israeli lass who I actually believe was a spy sent to keep tabs on me

Had one going into Israel once as well

Only booked it Thursday and flew out Sat morning. It was a 3 hour security check in at Heathrow and BA had lost one of my bags on flight down fae the Deen so there was I, on my jack, 1 bag, passport full of Libyas, Algerias and a couple of Stans thrown in and had to explained why it had only been booked only 48hrs previous. I said I was in the oil business so they presumed I had been to Saudi and it was not looking good. Had to get my bag taken away and then I got searched, right down to the scud near enough and they pulled my fkn camera and personal stereo apart (pre ipod days).

Could not think of any jokes that might have helped the cause but in the long run I hooked up with an Israeli lass who I actually believe was a spy sent to keep tabs on me

Did she lay back and think of Israel?

Similar situation going into L.A.

Work in oil, so passport full of stamps and visas from all over place. Get the 3rd degree even though only in transit heading to Canada for work. Why visit so many countries? Why travel so much? What you do for a living? Non-stop until the flight to Canada almost closed, just made it in time.

Fly into Houston with same passport, guy takes it, flicks through pages, asks me "you work in oil patch yeah?" I say yup, No problem mate, on your way.

A lot depends on whether the guy/gal got laid the night before!!!!

Bang on.

I've been to the US four times, and on the first and third trips I was absolutely grilled; multiple questions focusing on my financial wealth, occupation, why I was there, who I was seeing, what I planned on getting up to. Delivered with a cold sort of detachment I think Arnold hoped he'd pulled off in the Terminator franchise. Second and fourth trips through customs was quite pleasant; friendly agent, asked the bare minimum of questions, polite at all times. It really does seem to depend on how the agent you get is feeling at that exact moment.

Exactly, what kind of school organises a class trip to NYC??? Kids nowadays don't even know they're f**king born :o

My school trip in '92 was a week in Paris including a day at EuroDisney not long after it opened. In '93 it was 3 weeks in the north eastern United States & Canada - NYC, Washington, Philadelphia, Niagra Falls etc. At time I just assumed all schools offered trips like that :poster_oops:

My school trip in '92 was a week in Paris including a day at EuroDisney not long after it opened. In '93 it was 3 weeks in the north eastern United States & Canada - NYC, Washington, Philadelphia, Niagra Falls etc. At time I just assumed all schools offered trips like that :poster_oops:

Schools do offer trips like that ... If you live and sleep there inside of term time. :checkit: