Hibs v Aberdeen

Aberdeen v Killie

Well v Aberdeen

Aberdeen v Pars

Aberdeen v Utd

Could go well & see us back in business but could go all to $hite :dontknow:

Hibs could be our best chance of 3 points but they're hurting just like us

Killie at home, always a chance but arguably on better form

Well, we' ll struggle & our record there is shocking even when they're not on such good form

Pars at home, same as with Killie

Utd at home same as Killie & Pars.

SHOULD be quite easy games but nothing is easy for us now & I'd say at best 6 points for us (at best)

One thing is sure, we desperately NEED some players in & if this doesn't happen. Our season is screwed.

Milne MUST help Broon out now even though Broon has basically said he doesn't want to push his luck by asking for it.

Milne must realise that in itself is a cry for help & should be offering him a lifeline.

I said 6 points at best but I will add one to that out of shear optimism.

I think we'll take a point against Utd. Beat both Killie & Pars but lose to Hibs & Well (& I think Well will make fools of us & would not enjoy being in the crowd for this game)

7 points at best

Motherwell got gubbed 3-0 at home to the Huns! No way are we going to be made fools of by them! I think it will be a close game, maybe a draw.

Motherwell got gubbed 3-0 at home to the Huns! No way are we going to be made fools of by them! I think it will be a close game, maybe a draw.

Whilst I admire your optimism, I fail to agree with your logic.

Motherwell also gubbed ICT (the team we should have beaten easily but in the end struggled to hold off in second half)

They beat St Mirren (the team that beat us quite easily, even though only one nil)

They also beat Hearts (the team that beat us quite easily also)

Whilst I admire your optimism, I fail to agree with your logic.

Motherwell also gubbed ICT (the team we should have beaten easily but in the end struggled to hold off in second half)

They beat St Mirren (the team that beat us quite easily, even though only one nil)

They also beat Hearts (the team that beat us quite easily also)

We should have gotten something off Hearts, they aren't that great this season by a long shot. Caley, they were well beaten until we took the foot off the gas. I'll give you St Mirren, they were the better side.

We played well against St Johnstone, Rangers, Celtic and in large spells vs Hearts and Caley. I don't forsee us getting gubbed by anyone at the moment. Hopefully we can get a bit of a break infront of goal and people start taking their chances.

We should have gotten something off Hearts, they aren't that great this season by a long shot. Caley, they were well beaten until we took the foot off the gas. I'll give you St Mirren, they were the better side.

We played well against St Johnstone, Rangers, Celtic and in large spells vs Hearts and Caley. I don't forsee us getting gubbed by anyone at the moment. Hopefully we can get a bit of a break infront of goal and people start taking their chances.

I was on holiday so may have missed something, but did we nae get gubbed 3-0??

The SPL is always hard to predict results on each game but I know I want as close to 15 points after 11 games as possible and still in the League Cup and i'll be less concerned about the season ahead.

Below 10 points after 11 is dangerous territory and writing on the wall for Brown history would suggest

10-12 points is benefit of the doubt until further notice

13-15 points on target

16+ on course for better than expected season.

obviously we have 4 points from 6 so a lot of catching up to do.

The thing that worries me in all this is (& call it doom & gloom mongering if you will) that everyone's going on about how low Scottish football is at the moment.

The OF are easily swept aside in Europe (not that I give a sh*te about this) the league itself is as low as it's ever been & we're clinging on by our finger nails in this sub standard league & our finger nails are chewed down til they're bleeding already (mine personally are all around 4mil short from my finger tips) this is all ok if you're a Well fan for example cos they can safely say to themselves 'that's ok, we're idling along in this sh*te league & actually looking quite good' Aberdeen however are battling away at the wrong end of a sh*te league & with little hope to come bursting back up the placings.

Simple facts are there to see. We're among the shittiest in the shitty league.

Desperate times indeed.

I mistakingly said to any other fans that would listen at the end of last season, that we'll be ok next season, I have full faith in Broon & Knox to turn us around. Well at this moment that faith was very misplaced & has left me looking & feeling rather stupid & deluded.

Broon comes across in the media as a sensible wise old hand but the truth is, he's still the same as he was as Scotland manager. Tactically single minded. defensive & counter attack orientated but this tactic cannot work with the players he has right now, as he has zero creative players in his team & yet he still seems to think his constant faithfulness to these tactics will see him/us through these desperate times.

We are not a top six side, nor are we anywhere near this & our name of old is the only thing that is aiding some fans to believe that we will be this season.

God I'm so down about my team right now it's scary.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/table/default.stm

Our record so far....

Three home games (two of which were against agruably other bottom sixers) & we have one win, one draw & one loss, with a goal average of zero.

Three away ties & we're three for three with an average of minus two goals per game.

What chances?

What chances have our stikers missed?

erm didn't Foster and Vernon miss good chances yesterday?, vernon missed a great chance against Celtic (may have been Mackie) Magennis had the ball at his feet and fell over it against Caley and all he needed to do was place it home.

Thats off the top of my head and I don;t go very often

There's a difference however in us showing glimpses of what could be and coming away with hard luck stories, and applying it against the Dunfermlines and Killies of this world and coming away with the three points.

Reality check bri. Right now we are just like or no better than the Dunfermilines and Killies of this world.

Sad but true my friend.

After seeing us yesterday, I think we will win our home games! And also think we will get a result at Hibs. IF we play like yesterday and keep everybody fit. Fyvie, Pawlett, Arnason, and Osbourne are key to this. Feeling much better than I did after the St Mirren game, and having seen highlights of the last couple of games, I can only see improvement.

As said in the JIT, we are nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

There's a difference however in us showing glimpses of what could be and coming away with hard luck stories, and applying it against the Dunfermlines and Killies of this world and coming away with the three points.

Lets take the positives from yesterday into the Hibs game and take it from there.

I would agree with that. I think too many looking at league position and are panicking a bit. Lets judge where we are at after 11 games and not 6 with 3 really tough games in that.

We have 5 fixtures where we can look to be confident of picking up points and if we play like we did in the majority of these games i think our luck will change and we will win games - play like we did against St Mirren then i will start to worry.

I think we have a midfield that will not be dominated like we used to and in the centre we look decent: Osbourne has been fantastic and Arnason has also been excellent in defence and midfield so i see a lot of postives about us.

Now its time start getting points on the board, starting with hibs and i hope Calderwood is still there as i would fancy our chances against them with him in charge.

I would agree with that. I think too many looking at league position and are panicking a bit. Lets judge where we are at after 11 games and not 6 with 3 really tough games in that.

We have 5 fixtures where we can look to be confident of picking up points and if we play like we did in the majority of these games i think our luck will change and we will win games - play like we did against St Mirren then i will start to worry.

I think we have a midfield that will not be dominated like we used to and in the centre we look decent: Osbourne has been fantastic and Arnason has also been excellent in defence and midfield so i see a lot of postives about us.

Now its time start getting points on the board, starting with hibs and i hope Calderwood is still there as i would fancy our chances against them with him in charge.

We get beat by Hibs & it's (justifiably) time to panic (as you say) & not wait til 11 games in a see then if it's time.

Just because we have some 'supposed' easy(ish) fixtures in amongst or next 5, doesn't mean that we have reason to relax about how badly the first 6 have gone?

Losing to St Midden & drawing with St Johnstone at home are sign enough for me to know that no fixture is easy for this team.

Oh & i assume you mean the three really tough games as the OF & hearts games?

Yes we lift our game as always for the OF but the frightening thing is we didn't for the Hearts game & we were up against a side that hadn't won a league game in 15 or something like that. Why couldn't we lift it for them. To say we dominated for the first twenty minutes is laughable, as a game last 90 mins & over the 90 mins we got spanked

We get beat by Hibs & it's (justifiably) time to panic (as you say) & not wait til 11 games in a see then if it's time.

Just because we have some 'supposed' easy(ish) fixtures in amongst or next 5, doesn't mean that we have reason to relax about how badly the first 6 have gone?

Losing to St Midden & drawing with St Johnstone at home are sign enough for me to know that no fixture is easy for this team.

Yes we lift our game as always for the OF but the frightening thing is we didn't for the Hearts game & we were up against a side that hadn't won a league game in 15 or something like that. Why couldn't we lift it for them. To say we dominated for the first twenty minutes is laughable, as a game last 90 mins & over the 90 mins we got spanked

There are no easy games in this league - not for clubs of our stature.

Edit - that might help explain why Hibs are below us.

Here's my 5 cents worth:

Hibs v Aberdeen (win) Hibs are in poor form and if we are to have any sort of season then we have to start a run here

Aberdeen v Killie (win) We are at home and Killie are nothing special. Can see us winning it

Well v Aberdeen (loss/draw) i think a 0-0 will be the result here at best. Motherwell are looking good and we have a poor away record there.

Aberdeen v Pars (win) Although i see this as a potential banana skin. As long as we are solid and take our chances we can get all 3 here

Aberdeen v Utd (win) United are very poor! we are at home and should be fired up for giving the Arabs more grief. No Badpenis either to ruin things late on.

This is my expectation........i'm going to get let down aren't i :(

If we don't get a run here then it's going to be a poor season

If we lose to hibs then we are bottom by a point or 2 but we could win the next 3 and be in 4th position so no i don't think its time to panic if we lose again Hibs. I'm confident that the reds will pick up a fair number of points in the next 5 games but if not then i would be concerned.

Must have been at a different Hearts game to me as i felt we played very well in the first half but hearts had two attacks and was up 2-0 - we missed quite a few chances at that game. Even the 2nd half we did quite well until about the 75 minute which fitness issues kicked in (which is an issue), hopefully they will work on this on the 2 week break.

I've never seen us lift our game for Rangers at Ibrox - we are normally sit down to those bigots. The chances we created in the last game is the best chances i've seen Aberdeen create in years. Rangers fans commented on how well we played.

We are 4pts away from 4th and 1 point away from bottom, its that tight at the moment its pretty tough to call how the league will go but its not time to panic just yet and i think we have better players this season that will help us compared to last season although concerned at the lack of wide players (hopefully get one before the transfer window shuts).

1 point away from Bottom and hibs have played a game less.

Could understand the optimism if we had a solid defence and were banging in the odd goal.

But we dont - we have scored in one game, thanks to Cally thistles defence being injured.

Next two games are make or break for the season - we need 6 points.

If we lose to hibs then we are bottom by a point or 2 but we could win the next 3 and be in 4th position so no i don't think its time to panic if we lose again Hibs. I'm confident that the reds will pick up a fair number of points in the next 5 games but if not then i would be concerned.

Must have been at a different Hearts game to me as i felt we played very well in the first half but hearts had two attacks and was up 2-0 - we missed quite a few chances at that game. Even the 2nd half we did quite well until about the 75 minute which fitness issues kicked in (which is an issue), hopefully they will work on this on the 2 week break.

I've never seen us lift our game for Rangers at Ibrox - we are normally sit down to those bigots. The chances we created in the last game is the best chances i've seen Aberdeen create in years. Rangers fans commented on how well we played.

We are 4pts away from 4th and 1 point away from bottom, its that tight at the moment its pretty tough to call how the league will go but its not time to panic just yet and i think we have better players this season that will help us compared to last season although concerned at the lack of wide players (hopefully get one before the transfer window shuts).

I will happily have a bet with with you right now for £50 that if we get beat by hibs next game & then go on a three game winning run, that we will still not make forth position.

& I will be very happy if I lose the bet also.

So no risk for you really. you can only lose if we get that exact run of results & we still do not make fourth position :dontknow:

The bet is only open to you though (not wanting to take on all of Afc chat) :laughing: