Scott Booth

Was thinking about Boothy last week, Jess got all the plaudits, but Booth for a wee spell was our number one striker for the national team, then Aitken ran him out of the club, always liked him

How did Aitken run him out the club - he left us to join Borrusia Dortmund on the back of Lamberts success over there. Was one of the first I remember moving under freedom on contract, leaving the club that reared him without a penny.

Decent enough, but a f4cking jesse.

Was thinking about Boothy last week, Jess got all the plaudits, but Booth for a wee spell was our number one striker for the national team, then Aitken ran him out of the club, always liked him

In all honesty, I preferred Booth to Jess at the time.

Obviously Jess was the more gifted & skillful player but I preferred Booth

Booth was my favourite player growing up. He got brought up in the same cul de sac as me. I moved there when I was 3 in 1988, not too long before he made it into the first team. I used to go in for him and he would come out and have a kick about in the street. When he moved out he used to come round his mums 3 or 4 times a week and would always have a kickabout with me, get me tickets for games and organised tours of Pittodrie and to meet all the players etc. He was my first proper idol.

Brilliant striker, criminally under rated! But for injuries he would have achieved even more than he did, which was a lot!

What did he achieve? 9 games for BVB09 is hardly what you would call a lot. 14 for FC uterecht, 18 for vitesse and 103 for FC Twente. Wow f**king wee.

He had a decent enough career, but dunno I'd go that far, what do you think was so good bout him?

Technique, touch, control, vision, awareness, and (sadly lacking in our strikers of today) a canny knack o' putting the ball in the net.

Unfortunately his bones were made of tupperware.

Nonetheless, a tremendous, tremendous footballer.

Scott Booth was a personal favourite of mine.

Hard work coupled with no small amount of skill... the kind that would piss on our entire forward line right now... no offense to our current forward line, but they're sh*t at their job, whereas Booth was tremendous. You're pish... He was ace. See that? Hopefully this new lad is an actual striker though... fingers crossed...

Overshadowed a little by Jess, I think, but anyone who saw Booth play would have appreciated his worth.

My old man used to say he had "a fitba brain". Injuries kept him back for sure (when you consider pish like Kenny Minker has more Scotland caps than Jess AND Booth put together, you worry!) but he won the Dutch Cup and was one of that league's top scorers one year, was he not? I seem to recall it was Paterson that forced him out at 31, when he had a few good years left in him.

My old man used to say he had "a fitba brain". Injuries kept him back for sure (when you consider pish like Kenny Minker has more Scotland caps than Jess AND Booth put together, you worry!) but he won the Dutch Cup and was one of that league's top scorers one year, was he not? I seem to recall it was Paterson that forced him out at 31, when he had a few good years left in him.

Paterson's decision making has to be called into question... given he was f**king blootered much of the time.

Technique, touch, control, vision, awareness, and (sadly lacking in our strikers of today) a canny knack o' putting the ball in the net.

Unfortunately his bones were made of tupperware.

Nonetheless, a tremendous, tremendous footballer.

Yeah, like Jess we never got to see the real Scott Booth due to his injuries, which was a bloody shame.

Scott Booth Stats

70 goals in 228 games (77 of those as a sub) and 22 caps for Scotland.

I'd chew off my right arm to have a player of his calibre leading the line now.

But that was in a class team, goals created by jess / Bett / Mason / shearer / etc.

Booth was decent enough, in a very good side. Sorry to say but whoever earlier compared him to Kenny Miller and reckoned he was a better player needs to take off their red tinted specs and compare their respective records.

must admit, ive never been a fan of booth.

i remember when i was maybe 8 or 9 going to my 1st game vs partick. sat in the merkie. drew 0-0 with them after booth missed the best part of 15 chances. from that point, he was scuppered for me. never saw him do much after that till he left.

then when he came back i gave him my blessing and supported him, but i wasnt overly sorry to see him leave.

What did he achieve? 9 games for BVB09 is hardly what you would call a lot. 14 for FC uterecht, 18 for vitesse and 103 for FC Twente. Wow f**king wee.

He achieved 'being a good player'. It's not all about winning medals, just ask Matt Le tissier.

Ultimately, fans don't particularly care how many medals any player has won (other than for pub quizzes).

I thought Boothy was a fantastic footballer, he had real guile. Plus he is one of our own. :applause::sheepdance:

For the record, he won the Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup, UEFA Super Cup and was the first Scottish player to win the Intercontinental Cup.