Paton Released

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he wasnt given THAT many chances up front...was he???

Due an undoubted lack of effort and ability.

Didn't McGhee try to ship him out on loan this time last season?

Clearly Paton is a big head, with ideas above his station - and in truth boys like him are part of the problem. Good riddance.

Should have went out on loan 2 seasons ago when he had the chance. Could have come back a better player having had regular first team football.

Should probably have been binned when he refused looking back, obviously has zero ambition to become a half decent player.

Due an undoubted lack of effort and ability.

Didn't McGhee try to ship him out on loan this time last season?

Clearly Paton is a big head, with ideas above his station - and in truth boys like him are part of the problem. Good riddance.

I wouldn't say lack of ability. When he did try he looked a very good prospect in a few games. Sadly he seemed to hardly ever try and when Mcghee came the toys went out the pram and he never showed the same promise again. The fud.

Should have went out on loan 2 seasons ago when he had the chance. Could have come back a better player having had regular first team football.

Should probably have been binned when he refused looking back, obviously has zero ambition to become a half decent player.

Agree. Shame as I did think he could have been a good player for us.

I'm not sure we have any strikers that are good enough;

Vernon - seems a poorer player with Maguire not creating for him

Mackie - Dont even start me

Magennis - great attitude, but poor ability, terrible first touch

Paton - showed potential a couple of years ago, not good enough now, First Div player

Megginson - Not ready - too early to say.

Chalali - Not seen enough to judge.

Ideally we need a striker, but more importantly a left mid/winger to give the team proper balance.