Ok, Going With What We Have........

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Sponsor

No long stories, just pick a formation to suit and a team 1 - 11 & subs.

4-4-1-1

GK Gonzalez

RB Jack

CB Mawenie

CB Considine

LB Foster

RM Fyvie

CM Arnason

CM Ozbourne

LM Milsom

AM Pawlett

CF Vernon.

Subs:

Brown

McArdle

Mackie

Chialli (SP)

Robertson

Clark

Young loons

That's about right with Chialli hopefully joining Vernon/ Magennis upfront in a 4 4 2 or 4 3 3

GK: Gonzalez (perhaps Brown)

RB: Jack

CB: Consdine

CB: Mawene

LB: Foster

RM: Pawlett

CM: Arnason

CM: Osbourne

LM: Milsom

AM: Fyvie

CF: Vernon

I'd have Magennis before Vernon on current form though, and Jason Brown and Chalali are unknowns to me so can't comment on them. If Clark gets back to full fitness (same level as he left), I'd probably have him at right back before Jack just now.

Yes I'd go with that formation too, although throw another striker up there with Vernon when we are at home against teams equally as p1sh as us, drop Ozzy to right back and Fyvie to CM.

That could work. Arnason sitting deeper. Yet to see Osbourne at right back for any length of time though, so not sure how he'd cope there.

No long stories, just pick a formation to suit and a team 1 - 11 & subs.

4-4-1-1

GK Gonzalez

RM Fyvie

CM Arnason

CM Ozbourne

LM Milsom

CF Vernon

Subs:

Chialli

Robertson

Out of the players you have there - these are the only ones i would keep....at a push!

I'd go with: -

----------------------Gonzalez--------------------------------

Jack--------Mawenie--------Considine--------Foster

---------------Arnason---Ozbourne------------------

---------Milsom-----Fyvie------Pawlett-------------------

----------------------Vernon--------------------------------

Subs:

Brown

Mitchel Megginson

Chialli (SP)

Robertson

Clark

Fraser

Brown

Mackie, McArdle and Magennis should be nowhere our 1st team or club even

Why the hell would you keep Robertson but not Foster/Pawlett/Jack?

Thats just purely based on the lad being a youngster coming through.

I dont think Jack or Pawlett are upto it. Albeit they are also young players but for me have seen enough to suggest they wont make big impressions. Hope im wrong so time will tell.

Ryan Jack is a good footballer, he will make the grade for certain.

Pawlett the jury is out on. He has shown brief, very brief, flashes of brilliance.

However, to become a team player he has to do more. Very Joe Miller esque in my opinion, 1 good game every 20, in 19 he is just sh*t, 1 he looks like Johan Cruyff and scores a hattrick.

I think you should be worrying about where the investment went. Maybe it's inside the elephant in the room.

I think the doom forecasters need to wind their collective neck in until such time as it's apparent what kind of season we are going to have, and this will not be until December at the earliest.

There's no perspective in football anymore, as is the case with any form of media in fact, it's all hysteria, hysteria, hysteria.

• Site Sponsor

I think the doom forecasters need to wind their collective neck in until such time as it's apparent what kind of season we are going to have, and this will not be until December at the earliest.

There's no perspective in football anymore, as is the case with any form of media in fact, it's all hysteria, hysteria, hysteria.

Perspective: 4/15

Far's the investment?

Perspective: 4/15

That proves you have a total lack of perspective.

Because you are hanging out to dry a new team, who had never played together before, after 5 games, three of which were against the top three from last year, 2 of which were away from home, and two of which we were unlucky not to glean points from.

The team is still bedding in. Everyone with any patience whatsoever would agree the players are improving with every game.

Therefore you lack perspective.

The investment is over the period of Brown and Knox's contracts and if he chooses not to utilise it now so be it. No other club in Scotland spent any money whatsoever apart from Celtic as you may or may not have noticed.

We have a good team.

Ken something, I have tried for an hour to pick a team that is balanced and I canna

Invariably it means playes played out of position or 1 up front to suit everyone.

Ideally I'd have Foster at RB, but beyond Robertson there aint a semblance of a LB at the club, Pawlett as a wide player on one wing but who plays on the other one? Fyvie? Jack? both CM's in my book, Strikers are a problem as well, Vernon canny play the lone striker, Magennis and Mackie are either p*sh or nae bad, Chalali hasnt been seen enough of and Paton has headed to the Blue Square League on loan.

So it looks like playing a hale MF of CM's or play a 4 in midfield with Fyvie wasted on the wing (wasted as in the position nae as in under the influence of wacky baccy :thumbup1: )

Because you are hanging out to dry a new team, who had never played together before, after 5 games, three of which were against the top three from last year, 2 of which were away from home, and two of which we were unlucky not to glean points from.

The team is still bedding in. Everyone with any patience whatsoever would agree the players are improving with every game.

The investment is over the period of Brown and Knox's contracts and if he chooses not to utilise it now so be it. No other club in Scotland spent any money whatsoever apart from Celtic as you may or may not have noticed.

We have a good team.

Tup min, we are a couple of injuries or a couple of suspensions away from a serious problem. Mawene, Clark and Pawlett have nae the best previous for avouiding injuries and Folly is just back from a serious injury. A threadbare squad was made even more so by the decision to put three out on loan and take naebody in

• Site Sponsor

Pish

Pish

Pish - St J and then St Mirren. So they St Mirren performance was an improvement on the St J one?

Pish

Wriggling pish; utter utter sh*te spouted by you and not for the first time. Significant investment means an improvement on that spent previously and there is absolutely no evidence that this is the case.

We have a good team.

Jury is out on that big time. You saying we have a good team right now with four points in the bag is simply pish.

Pish, pish, pish, pish, utter pish.

Good points, well made.

We'll see who's right, I have a history of being 100% correct in the long term, as you will find out, as you found out about McFadden today (from the manager) and I dinna care what a few hatchet faced sweetie paper rustlers do or don't think about that.

:sherlock:

We'll see who's right, I have a history of being 100% correct in the long term, as you will find out, as you found out about McFadden today (from the manager) and I dinna care what a few hatchet faced sweetie paper rustlers do or don't think about that.

The manager has history of making stuff up.

Ask James McFadden then.

--------------------------------------------------Gonzo---------------------------------------------------------

--Clark/Jack------------------Mawene---------------Conso/McArdle------------------------Foster----------

--Pawlett---------------------------Arnie--------------------Ozzie--------------------------Fyvie-------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------Chalali--------------

--------------------------------------------------Vernon---------------------------