The Beatles

Chrisyboy81

I was 15 when I first heard 'Love Me Do' , their first 45rpm on the Jimmy Saville Show , Radio Luxembourg.

I don't think you had to be there but it helps , things got a whole lot more exciting after '62.....and the Beatles kick-started it. They were the catalysts for a massive release of youthful energy and creativity that was just waiting to happen after the austerity of the '50s and the receding memories of WW2.

They were also reckoned to have gone stellar in the States because the assassination of JFK had left a nation paralysed and in despair , the Beatles changed that for them. They were perfect for their time. Once the States took them to their hearts , the World was theirs.....the States having more of an affection amongst nations around the World then than they perhaps do now.

No Beatles.....no Led Zep.....and I've got everything Led Zep released( officially ) , and the Yardbirds before them.

Lemmy from Motorhead went to see the Beatles in the Cavern Club , Matthew Street , Liverpool when he was a loon and loved them...it's what made him want to be in a band.

If you under-rate the Beatles , you undermine your own heritage , no need to like the music but it is necessary to acknowledge their immense influence not just in GB.....but around the Planet.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xuMwfUqJJM

Lemmy from Motorhead went to see the Beatles in the Cavern Club , Matthew Street , Liverpool when he was a loon and loved them...it's what made him want to be in a band.

liverpool. great place for a night out.

speaking of lemmy. is it true that he's a dead ringer for cheesepipes?

Beautiful

You've Got To Appreciate This By The Way

John was eccentric, but a genius

Paul is tainted, but a genius.

Ringo wasn't the best drummer, even in the Beatles

George Harrison was just a modern day genius.

Collectively, geniuses, and probably responsible, in some way or another, of influencing everyone who picked up a pick or a drumstick in the intervening 20-30 years.

Collectively, geniuses, and probably responsible, in some way or another, of influencing everyone who picked up a pick or a drumstick in the intervening 20-30 years.

Tainted in what way?

George Harrison a modern day genius? Explain that one as well please?

Tainted in what way?

George Harrison a modern day genius? Explain that one as well please?

Tainted, as in affected by something reprehensible; As in Heather Mills

Nothing to explain re George. His lyrical and musical compositions are genius. My opinion only. All things must pass is one of favourite albums ever. And his mere presence in the Wilburys would testify to his geniusness :laughing:

Beautiful

You've Got To Appreciate This By The Way

John was eccentric, but a genius

Ringo wasn't the best drummer, even in the Beatles

This ^^^

My favourite band :thumbup1: