Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

Shite. European chefs. Not authentic.

Pad Thai. Aberdeens ONLY Thai eatery

It’s very good but it’s the same very good as Madame Mews 10 yards away.

Chaophraya (Aberdeen, unlike the Glasgow one which is meh) is excellent, far superior in product-presentation and ambience but for value for money and a quick bite rather than a restaurant experience, the New Market two win.

Sabai and Royal Thai can fuck off. Robbing cunts. Hope they die.

Food never goes in or out of "vogue", for anyone other than sad bastards. People have been eating for a thousand years, probably longer. With increased choice however, we all get to explore different styles. I'd never eaten Vietnamese nor Nepalese until a year ago and shied away from those type of restaurants in Melbourne 25 years ago. Having been to the excellent Hanoi Bike Shop a couple of times and Caytre in SoHo 6 weeks ago, I'll definitely be trying more Vietnam. The place in Union Street - 8848 or something - is a refreshingly different slant on Indian-type cuisine and must go back for another visit. Japanese food done properly is awesome.

Disagree about Chinese only being for hangovers. Very few great restaurants for Chinese food in the UK (none in Aberdeen) but having lived in Hong Kong for six years, I love Chinese food done well (apart from chicken feet - can't sook that gristle).

To be fair, we had 4 dishes at the Hanoi the first time, two were off the planet good, one was ok and the coley was shite. But we knew to order the black pepper tofu the next time.

Hong Kong cafe or whatever it's called between the two Thais was very good the once we went and will definitely go back. But like everything in northern Scotland (and vast majority of Chinese in the UK), it provides Chinese food done for a British palate rather than authentic Chinese stuff, of which there are many variants, Cantonese being the most popular here. The quality of the produce is very good there, freshly prepared and lovely, and big quantities (a minus for me these days but tastes so good had to finish the plate).

Also tough going there when seeing the two best and most authentic Thais either side.

2 x Indian, 2 x Chinese, and a Chinese chip shop

:cool:

A disproportionately large percentage of staff in "foreign" restaurants get murdered in Orkney by sons of pigs. True dat.

Theres still a decent percentage of folk here dont/dont want to believe he did it.

As to why, no idea. The man himself might be the only one who knows.

The reason they don't want to believe it reminds me of the church-going cop in one of the Mindhunter episodes where the blonde lassie got killed by the 3 of them, suffering a bizarre incision from her cunt to her arse. Small town mentalities can't admit the possibility. It just wrecks their closeted minds.

If no motive established, the local constabulary weren't looking hard enough. Nor could they press hard given who he was. Always wondered if the murderer's gallusness was coming from who his daddy was. Plus deep-rooted parochialism of course.

Never once thought Sabai wasn’t very good.

Don’t mind paying when the quality is good.

Me neither. The weeping tiger is outstanding. But when the bill comes and they're overcharging by £25 in the hope we don't notice, exactly what we experienced at Royal Thai, I hope that karma wrecks their business.

Food never goes in or out of "vogue", for anyone other than sad bastards. People have been eating for a thousand years, probably longer. With increased choice however, we all get to explore different styles. I'd never eaten Vietnamese nor Nepalese until a year ago and shied away from those type of restaurants in Melbourne 25 years ago. Having been to the excellent Hanoi Bike Shop a couple of times and Caytre in SoHo 6 weeks ago, I'll definitely be trying more Vietnam. The place in Union Street - 8848 or something - is a refreshingly different slant on Indian-type cuisine and must go back for another visit. Japanese food done properly is awesome.

Disagree about Chinese only being for hangovers. Very few great restaurants for Chinese food in the UK (none in Aberdeen) but having lived in Hong Kong for six years, I love Chinese food done well (apart from chicken feet - can't sook that gristle).

Things have obviously moved on since you left, but I'd say you missed out big time...

In terms of South East Asian cuisine, Melbourne is absolutely incredible these days. I'm heading there in couple of weeks, and I already know where I'll be eating most nights!

Things have obviously moved on since you left, but I'd say you missed out big time...

I dunno. Good eating is good eating. Can't do them all. As I said, people have been eating for at least 1,000 years.

Chinois and Vlados were favs in Melbourne.

In terms of South East Asian cuisine, Melbourne is absolutely incredible these days. I'm heading there in couple of weeks, and I already know where I'll be eating most nights!

Absolutely. Just spent 3 nights in Melbourne over the new year and every big meal i had was asian. Love Vietnamese, even for lunch a bahn mi is superb for a light meal. You going down Victoria Street, Richmond? Bit of a tip, have a wander down Little Lonsdale Street.

Absolutely. Just spent 3 nights in Melbourne over the new year and every big meal i had was asian. Love Vietnamese, even for lunch a bahn mi is superb for a light meal. You going down Victoria Street, Richmond? Bit of a tip, have a wander down Little Lonsdale Street.

This will be the same for me! I'm staying round the corner from little lonsdale street, so will have a look! I usually stay in Richmond when I'm in Melbourne... but going CBD this time.

Chin Chin is always my first stop in Melbourne. Awesome.