Watching Other Teams Regularly (If You Live Far Enough Away From Aberdeen)

Do any of you go to watch any other football teams regularly (or even have a season ticket for them)?

Being in Edinburgh, I neither have the money or the patience or desire to get a season ticket for Aberdeen and spend the 5 or so hours travelling back to watch home matches. I did have a season ticket for just 2 years while I was at uni in Stirling, but I can't really be arsed thesedays especially due to what I would be watching after spending and travelling all that way.

Thing is, I'm undecided as whether to pick a team here to go to watch at their home games here or near Edinburgh.

Anyone live far enough away from Aberdeen that you don't have a season ticket for the dons (even though they are your team...) but have one for some other team that you go watch?

Or maybe I should just start going to watch Edinburgh play in the rugby? :sherlock:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye on the box.

Jesus that's hardly the point the OP was raising.

If I lived somewhere down South I'd probably go to games featuring whoever happened to be the closest to where I was living.

For the OP as every away game we have is probably closer to Edinburgh that Aberdeen (apart fae Jutes and Caley) you'd be as well going to the away games only. :dontknow:

Jesus that's hardly the point the OP was raising.

If I lived somewhere down South I'd probably go to games featuring whoever happened to be the closest to where I was living.

For the OP as every away game we have is probably closer to Edinburgh that Aberdeen (apart fae Jutes and Caley) you'd be as well going to the away games only. :dontknow:

Aye as I said in my post......

I'd probably adopt a team if I was outside of Scotland.

Like Boofon suggested, I'd probably do most away games in the Central Belt (if I go anywhere outside Aberdeen in Scotland, it will be Edinburgh) and then try and make home games as I could. If I ever got sick enough of the Dons that I couldn't be arsed ever going to games at Pittodrie, I think I would have given up on football.

occasionally see cove play if we're playing on a sunday or can't be arsed with an away game, usually a cracking game.

A few of my mates do this now. One gave up his season ticket last season, another two would go to games occasionally but not regulars. Nowadays, if they are contemplating a way to spend a Saturday afternoon, they will just go to one of the local Highland games. Better entertainment and lower cost is their point of view.

A few of my mates do this now. One gave up his season ticket last season, another two would go to games occasionally but not regulars. Nowadays, if they are contemplating a way to spend a Saturday afternoon, they will just go to one of the local Highland games. Better entertainment and lower cost is their point of view.

dad does it a lot, doesn't get away much and bides in porty so it's handy for him.

season ticket is about

Aye, the team physically closest to me is Hibs but like others have said that's an SPL team so not an option.

I'll just have to get myself to more away games, true. The only away games I've been to are at Kilmarnock, Celtic and Livingston. I never once made it to an Aberdeen vs Utd game in the 4 years I lived in Dundee! :poster_oops:

It's pointless.

Football is tribal, not entertainment, and if you have no connection to either team then you are simply wasting your time spectating on it.

To quote Blobby Williamson 'if you want entertained, go to the fucking cinema'.

rubbish

nothing wrong with enjoying a game of fitba that doesn't involve your own team.

rubbish

nothing wrong with enjoying a game of fitba that doesn't involve your own team.

I cannot enjoy it.

It's just 22 mannies running round in fancy circles with a ball bouncing about in the midst.

Waste of time.

I include the World Cup final and all that jazz, who cares who's taking part, if it's not Scotland, it's barely watchable.

I don't understand anyone that doesn't support their local team.

People like that don't really like football to put it simply, they just like to latch onto success, but do not understand the game.

Everyone should be FORCED to support their local team, if not, you're not getting to support Celtic, Rangers, Man Utd or fitiver, just GTF, fitba can do without the likes of yourself would be my advice to them.

People like that don't really like football to put it simply, they just like to latch onto success, but do not understand the game.

Everyone should be FORCED to support their local team, if not, you're not getting to support Celtic, Rangers, Man Utd or fitiver, just GTF, fitba can do without the likes of yourself would be my advice to them.

how many dons fans are there that are not from aberdeen tup?

how many dons fans are there that are not from aberdeen tup?

I'm not from Aberdeen.

I dinna ken, but they are part of the problem, the central belt Dons fans, create division in the stands and on the messageboards, and only latched onto us for the glory which has since dissipated, they've dragged us down rather than the Dons dragging them out of the permanent hole they've occupied since birth.