Watching Other Teams Regularly (If You Live Far Enough Away From Aberdeen)

how many dons fans are there that are not from aberdeen tup?

There's quite a lot. I don't know why they don't support their local team. Dons supporting weegies should be praised for turning their back on the OF. An exception to the rule if ever there was. People who can see the vile institutions of the OF for what they are, scum.

No idea why anyone from Edinburgh would support Aberdeen, just like no idea why anyone from Aberdeen would support anyone other than Aberdeen.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not from Aberdeen.

I dinna ken, but they are part of the problem, the central belt Dons fans, create division in the stands and on the messageboards, and only latched onto us for the glory which has since dissipated, they've dragged us down rather than the Dons dragging them out of the permanent hole they've occupied since birth.

I quite enjoy your posts Tup, but you've said something along the lines of the above a few times on here, I don't normally bite, but here goes...

Please expand on how we create divisions in the stands? Are you saying the club would be better off if I didn't have a ST for the last 18 years, and hadn't gone to the club shop before the Killie game to buy everything from my 23 month olds first Dons strip to an Aberdeen mug.

There is no division amongst the fans due to "central belters" supporting the Dons, to me its irrlevant where someone comes from, we're all Aberdeen, the only problem is a few muppets obsessed with all things weegie.

Less tribal, more sanitised, more of a 'product', more fixed, less entertaining.

I preferred it when you stood, on a crumbling terrace, elbow to elbow, with rivers of pish flowing underneath your feet, surrounded by an air of serious malevolance in the stadium.

You must be very old as it's a long time since Aberdeen have had a stadium with a crumbling terrace.

I quite enjoy your posts Tup, but you've said something along the lines of the above a few times on here, I don't normally bite, but here goes...

Please expand on how we create divisions in the stands? Are you saying the club would be better off if I didn't have a ST for the last 18 years, and hadn't gone to the club shop before the Killie game to buy everything from my 23 month olds first Dons strip to an Aberdeen mug.

There is no division amongst the fans due to "central belters" supporting the Dons, to me its irrlevant where someone comes from, we're all Aberdeen, the only problem is a few muppets obsessed with all things weegie.

You only attend away games. Disna benefit the Dons, at all. The opposite in fact.

I only do home games. Full benefit to AFC :scarf:

Ergo, I'm better than you, by dint of doing more for the club, and also by birthright obviously.

I spent £200 in the club shop before the first game of the season. Therefore I'm also better and quicker than you at spending money on club merchandise, you bought a few mugs and stuff, whoopee doo, talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, who are ya, who are ya?

I'd just pack in supporting Aberdeen if I were you, and hopefully your brethren will follow suit, remove the pollution from the stands.

regarding the supporting your local team...does that mean that if I live in the southside of glasgow I should be a Hun fan? but if I was to move to the east end should I change to sellik, or if I move to edinburgh change to hibs or hearts? Just wondering...as they would become my local team?!

I support Aberdeen as they were, and still are, the only team that I felt any connection and affinity to when I was younger and getting into football. there were plenty of other teams doing well at that stage, but for some reason I chose Aberdeen.

Unfortunately the weegie haters will just have to deal with that.

I'm from somewhere near to Aberdeen.

I dinna live in Aberdeen now.

so your ''I'm not from Aberdeen.'' quote is bollox then.

o.k.

i think its fine for folk to support other teams as long as they have a genuine reason. supporting anotehr side cause they are better is obviulsy completely pointless.