Hating The Club You Support

I've supported Aberdeen for as long as I can remember, my first game being a win over Motherwell at what appeared to a young Kelt to be a full house at Pittodrie.

I've punched doors, got into tykish fisticuffs, been harassed by the cops and spent money I couldn't afford to spend, all in the name of following AFC, the club I loved.

And now I don't give a fuck what happens to the club...

In fact I think I might now just hate the fucking thing.

Everything the club does seems to be designed to kill itself a little more, to alienate the fans a little more, to move the prospect of extinction a little closeer.

Its representatives talk in bland, monotonous cliche, treating the fans like they're brainless goons who'll accept any old lip-service as replacement for competence.

I've supported Aberdeen for as long as I can remember, my first game being a win over Motherwell at what appeared to a young Kelt to be a full house at Pittodrie.

I've punched doors, got into tykish fisticuffs, been harassed by the cops and spent money I couldn't afford to spend, all in the name of following AFC, the club I loved.

Everything the club does seems to be designed to kill itself a little more, to alienate the fans a little more, to move the prospect of extinction a little closeer.

Its representatives talk in bland, monotonous cliche, treating the fans like they're brainless goons who'll accept any old lip-service as replacement for competence.

I think this is a feeling that a lot of us are going thru...

Milne's utter incompetence has now reached such levels that I for one don't want to see him turn this round...just how low do we have to sink before he fu*ks off...

He's said on numerous ocassions that if a new invester wants to come in he would welcolme this...I'm of the opinion that there are such individuals in Aberdeen...they just don't want anything to do with Milne personally...

He's a bit like a little boy who owns the football and will only let other play with the ball if he can be the captain and take all the free kicks and penalties.

Get the message Milne...AFC will not move forward while you are at the club

Then why bother posting on Aberdeen football club forum?

If your not interested you know where the door is.

I know exactly where Kelt is coming from here.

I go most weeks and hate it, infact someone picked me up for it on here. What's the alternative, to just dismiss something you've followed for 20 odd years and find something else to do? Maybe it is the answer, for me its more deep rooted as I am beginning to feel that the SPL is completly fucked in all senses.

I'm going the same way.

I just don't know why I spend any energy caring anymore. The clubs has been fcked by years of incompetence.

Much as Scottish football has been fcked by years of greed and 2 self serving clubs. Oh and incompetence.

What I do know is the day I really stop caring about Afc is the day I basically stop follow, watching it taking any interest in football whatsoever. None.

I've already found other things to do on most matchdays and different sports to get into when I feel the need to be active.

I think this is a feeling that a lot of us are going thru...

Milne's utter incompetence has now reached such levels that I for one don't want to see him turn this round...just how low do we have to sink before he fu*ks off...

He's said on numerous ocassions that if a new invester wants to come in he would welcolme this...I'm of the opinion that there are such individuals in Aberdeen...they just don't want anything to do with Milne personally...

He's a bit like a little boy who owns the football and will only let other play with the ball if he can be the captain and take all the free kicks and penalties.

Get the message Milne...AFC will not move forward while you are at the club

If anyone cared about the club and had money they'd invest simple as.

This ^^

The contrast between US and UK sports is stark. The draft helps to keep things as equitable as possible, one team can be shite one year and good the next (in each of the last five years a tram finishing bottom of their league has made the playoffs in the NFL) you can watch baseball for $5 if you get there early enough, there is stuff to do inbetween plays, there are great facilities, they make a show of it, its family friendly. You can buy an NFL ticket for $40, if you get there early enough. The commentary doesn't assume the fan is a moron....

Since i've move to the US the contrast has gotten bigger and bigger.

It isn't just RIP Aberdeen, its RIP Scottish football and RIP football in general.

Probably more apathy than hate. Although I do hate certain aspects. Such as the way the club treats the fans. Or Ricky Foster. But the one good thing about the Huns is that everytime we play them the love comes rushing back. If only for 90 minutes (or less depending on how badly we are getting cuffed).

FFS. I must be bad. I care even LESS fan the huns come to town.

Completely sick of their retarded behaviour and party songs, as well as all games against them and the mhinks being fucked about for kick off times.

Just to suit them and TV.

I actually said to myself at some stage last season (canna mind fan...one of the many games against the OF when the refereeing was predictably appaling in their favour) that I'd stop going to games against them.

So...I didn't go to the 1st one v the tattie howkers.

And I'll be astonished if I can be bothered going to the one against the Govan minks which is approaching.

I'd say I resent the club rather than hate it.

Not even at the not caring stage either. I keep saying these bodyblows are character building, and it'll make eventual success all the sweeter but it's starting to feel like I'm deluding myself.

Different story for that prick Milne however, proper hatred for that weasel. Got to the stage where speaking or thinking about him too much actually puts me in a cunt of a mood and can darken even the brightest day.

Absolute tosser.

Of course you are. go with your feelings.

As for Milne. Yeah. I do hate him.

He's a fucking disgusting and incompetent specimen of a human being who has completely destroyed the club I once knew and once loved.

Cheers for that. Prick.

I think the only thing, the very only thing left that I actually like about AFC is the fans.

Well, those that remain anyway.

Its not the club I hate its the people who run the club I hate!

I support AFC as a fitba team, but I have no faith in the chairman and the board and I am now beginning to lose my support of the management and some of the players.

The whole club needs to be changed from top to bottom starting with a changes in the board room, then management and then a player clear out. None of this will happen unless we can punt SM with (depending on the bank) or better still without the debt?!!

If anyone cared about the club and had money they'd invest simple as.

I think you are wrong here....I,ve heard from real people that Milne is the main reason others don't invest is that Milne is such an odiouse character that others will not invest...plain and simple they hate the cunt and will not put their hard earned behind the club as long as the spastic wig/bald headed idiot is assosiated with AFC...straight up...they hate the cunt

I think you are wrong here....I,ve heard from real people that Milne is the main reason others don't invest is that Milne is such an odiouse character that others will not invest...plain and simple they hate the cunt and will not put their hard earned behind the club as long as the spastic wig/bald headed idiot is assosiated with AFC...straight up...they hate the cunt

Maybe, but the 12m debt and having to repay a 40m stadium cant help attract investors

Maybe, but the 12m debt and having to repay a 40m stadium cant help attract investors

I would argue that Milne is scare mongering on that also...If he would do the decent thing...step down...he is after all meant to be an AFC fan and not just an inbred idiot greedy bastard..he would swallow the debt...that he has created.... and admit the mess he has made...but you are right...that is unlikley to happen...only solution I can see is a bullet...he's a filthy odiouse cunt...end of....and I hate using the statement end of....but it the only thing I can think of!!

Probably more apathy than hate. Although I do hate certain aspects. Such as the way the club treats the fans. Or Ricky Foster. But the one good thing about the Huns is that everytime we play them the love comes rushing back. If only for 90 minutes (or less depending on how badly we are getting cuffed).

Why dont u just support every team rangers play u can feel the love every week, if u were a real aberdeen fan u would want rangers to win most weeks.

Then why bother posting on Aberdeen football club forum?

If your not interested you know where the door is.

I think you just don't comprehend the sentiment...

Not surprised to find the majority of posters understand and somewhat share that sentiment though.

If I cared I'd be somewhat depressed about that.

I don't hate the club so much as I hate the people at it. I despise Milne and particularly Willie Miller. He's an arrogant prick posing as a 'fan' with the best interests of the club at heart yet takes a massive wage for contributing fuck all whilst all the while allowing and going along with Milne as he runs the club into the ground. Lets remember our greatest ever player was appointed by Milne as a bomb shield for when the going got tough, contemptible behaviour in itself. Both treat fans with utter contempt and have little ability or vision for our once proud club. A shiny new stadium means fuck all when only 5000 turn up to watch 11 donkeys punting the ball about in div 1. I spunked god knows how many thousands watching the dons but thankfully woke up two years ago and they've barely had a cent since. They won't get any either till Milne and Miller gtf.

Hibernian.

If we can't win enough points to steer clear of relegation on our own without relying on others, then that's our problem.

I would have accepted couldnt care less or rangers because hibs are our rivals, get over this fuckin pathetic we hate rangers shite u are meant to be an aberdeen fan not a rangers hater, have a look in the ibrox trophy room since 1995 and tell me what ur pathetic we hate rangers pish has done for aberdeen, absolutely fuck all.