Scotland Squad

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's point in playing the likes of Robson and Miller if we're trying to prepare for the next qualification campaign?

Exactly - how old will these 2 be come the next world cup?

This game wouldnt be a waste of time if he was building a team for the next qualifying campaign, but picking these 2 is a complete waste

Have you seen the team? Levein you absolute prick.

He was quoted saying these friendlies are the chance to unearth new talent yet he plays this team! And 1 striker v Cyprus??? Surely time to open up and work on your plan B!

No, you would play the same formation as if it was a qualifier, otherwise the whole exercise is pointless.

I'm looking forward to it.

Levein is a cock.

I've banned mysel' fae Scotland games 'til he's gone.

Fucking joke we couldnae manage 2nd place in such a pish group, wi' a half decent crop o' players to choose fae.

That fracas in Praha was unforgivable.

:spunk:

That's the last Scotland game I watched. I stayed awake until about 5am to watch that pish. To say I was furious would be an understatement!

No, you would play the same formation as if it was a qualifier, otherwise the whole exercise is pointless.

I'm looking forward to it.

You mean stick with the one formation that has brought us no success in the last qualifying group.

Yes, this formation is valuable against stronger teams or away from home...if new players were being played to see if they could fit into this formation...then it would be worthwhile.

Playing this team, which we know can work with this formation IS pointless.

The needs to try a different formation, a more attacking formation is most certainly required if we are to go and win games, especially at home!

theres two strikers in the team too. some folk will moan about anything. usually those that think 442 is the be all and end all of football and have no idea how a 451 works

Yes, but 2 strikers in a 4-5-1 formation...I've seen Mackie play wide right for QPR this season, not exactly international class. This guy was a goalscorer before he got injured...

We have McCormack on form and he is probably more adept at playing wide mid/attack.

Who said anything about 4-4-2 being the be all and end all of football??

To use a 4-5-1 system properly, you have to have class attacking players with great movement...otherwise it becomes a negative system.

Scotland are not Barcelona and Spain...Mackie is not Silva.

We should be experimenting with 1) different players and 2) different formations / styles of play.

We are meant to be preparing for the next world cup campaign...and against a weaker team in Cyprus we need to look at more attacking options and playing to the strength of the players at our disposal.

We potentially now have 4-5 decent strikers particulary if Potter sorts the Fletcher situation out.

If we are at 0-0 with Wales at home after 60 minutes and need to win - what systems and personal changes will be made to win the game - surely this is what we need to work on.

Pick a friendly game against stronger opposition to perfect the 4-5-1!

As matter of interest.....

Are more and more just losing interest in Scotland?

Was this down to Levein, or just international football in general?

its because we haven't been to a finals since 1998. we fail so people need to blame someone just like it with aberdeen really.

If we got back to a finals then everyone would be back on the band wagon

You mean stick with the one formation that has brought us no success in the last qualifying group.

Yes, this formation is valuable against stronger teams or away from home...if new players were being played to see if they could fit into this formation...then it would be worthwhile.

Playing this team, which we know can work with this formation IS pointless.

The needs to try a different formation, a more attacking formation is most certainly required if we are to go and win games, especially at home!

So we narrowly missed out on the play-offs yet had 'no success' with the formation?

I beg to differ.

its because we haven't been to a finals since 1998. we fail so people need to blame someone just like it with aberdeen really.

If we got back to a finals then everyone would be back on the band wagon

Sadly VDA can't see us qualifying with the players we have a present but maybe in the future with an enthusiastic manager it could happen

So we narrowly missed out on the play-offs yet had 'no success' with the formation?

I beg to differ.

We narrowly missed out because of negative tacticts and a formation that we were unable to make into a poigant attacking option.

As I said, the 4-5-1 formation has merits against stronger opposition, but we need to review more options to ensure we have a real attacking element.

How could you possibly beg to differ with this?

Tell me exactly what merit there is playing 4-5-1 against Cyprus with the same players we have played for the last 3-4 years...we are not learning anything new with this team selection and formation.

I guess you probably have no actual basis of an argument...

We narrowly missed out because of negative tacticts and a formation that we were unable to make into a poigant attacking option.

As I said, the 4-5-1 formation has merits against stronger opposition, but we need to review more options to ensure we have a real attacking element.

How could you possibly beg to differ with this?

Tell me exactly what merit there is playing 4-5-1 against Cyprus with the same players we have played for the last 3-4 years...we are not learning anything new with this team selection and formation.

I guess you probably have no actual basis of an argument...

It's an away game, and we should use that formation in every away game, unless you want to go gung-ho and get thumped like under Burley?

Cyprus are actually a reasonable side these days and not the cannon fodder they once were.

Christ even when we had good players we needed Gough to score in the 27th minute of injury time to beat them 3-2 years ago.

4-4 away draw against Portugal recently as well.

But amazingly they have went from a FIFA high ranking of 43 last October, to currently ranked 120.