James Bond

The Boofon

you really, really need to take a look at yourself

pierce brosnan?

idiot

Calling me an idiot because you happen to disagree with my opinion on something is the mark of a true idiot. You really should grow up, little boy.

Moving on... As an observation (and partly in response to this idiot's rebuke) it seems to always be the way that the present Bond incumbent is hailed as "best since Connery", while the predecessor is maligned. No doubt Daniel Craig will be in Brosnan's current position (though the latter looking like Gerry Adams now, doesn't help his cause!) if/when he does walk away before the next Bond film, while his successor will be... the best since Connery.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers Cockney

I honestly don't know who I think would be a good choice for the new Bond. As random a choice as it could be but if they want another British actor then what about Eddie Redmayne?

He's camper than a row of pink tents.

Gerard Butler has the look.

Dougray Scott (lovely man and met him in Heathrow) also has the Bond factor.

Either would be great choices.

He's camper than a row of pink tents.

Gerard Butler has the look.

Dougray Scott (lovely man and met him in Heathrow) also has the Bond factor.

Either would be great choices.

Ha ha yeah that's true, mind you some of the choices that we're getting suggested were just as laughable so you never know

Definitely good choices for those two, do you think they'd go for another Scotsman tho? (Even considering the best Bond was Scottish and Fleming wrote the character as such) I just feel they won't for some reason

Interesting conspiracy theory article about the new Bond here (I haven't seen Spectre yet, but have read very mixed reviews, though following Skyfall was always going to be hard).

http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/spectre-really-james-bond-tool-occult-elite/

The wife and I recently ran through our Bond DVD box set and thoroughly enjoyed re-appraising them, especially as we hadn't seen some of them in a decade or more. A few observations I have...

[sNIP]

This post reminds me of a guy I worked with. After seeing Daniel Craig's first effort and mentioning that I thought it was pretty good, he responded with something similar to what Jocky posted. The guy had been to see the film about 5 times since it's release to 'truly understand the message being put across'.

Made sure I never mentioned Bond in his company again.

• Upvote 2

This post reminds me of a guy I worked with. After seeing Daniel Craig's first effort and mentioning that I thought it was pretty good, he responded with something similar to what Jocky posted. The guy had been to see the film about 5 times since it's release to 'truly understand the message being put across'.

Coulda been worse; a dr who fan.

Hah brilliant. Spectre was shite.