Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

Pax 3 has arrived! Technology is great. First time Ive felt PROPERLY like Im in the future that Star Trek and all that pish suggested would be the case. Very dainty it is - attached it to its battery to charge it, one of those sexy magnetic pod type things; flashy flashy stuff. Then I created my profile on the app, that lets you set profile types (efficiency/flavour/potency), along with to the degree temperature setting. 15 seconds to full heat, then the thing senses your lips when you begin to draw - it suddenly boosts the temperature as you inhale....from my mouth a flume akin to that out of a choo choo train from the old days. Top top purchasing by me here sons; join me.

Sounds the damage Dad. Expensive business though.

Winmau blade 5 dual core dart board, a heap of stems and a few packs of flights

For the benefit of Henry, my practice is coming on good, probably got around 8500 hours to go

Where do you put your board? Always think its a struggle to find somewhere in the house and the shed/garage is a bit cold.

Where do you put your board? Always think its a struggle to find somewhere in the house and the shed/garage is a bit cold.

I've got a travel stand that's in my room, got a decent space for it in my bedroom, I barely threw a dart for 8months last year started back up in November, now taking it a lot more seriously doing 2-3 hours a day.

soft tips?

Nope

I've got a travel stand that's in my room, got a decent space for it in my bedroom, I barely threw a dart for 8months last year started back up in November, now taking it a lot more seriously doing 2-3 hours a day.

Nope

Just the 3000 odd days to go to reach your 10000 hours then.

• Upvote 1

Nope

More chance of me hitting the sun with a snowball than my girlfriend letting me put up anything like that in my room. Shed it is, better buy a heater.

Only ask about soft tips as my youngest has a board in his room and we bought him soft tips to stop the walls getting chewed up .

Good though.

I got two treble 20s in a row the other night and flung my third into number 3, such was my excitement at possibly getting my first 180.

Any tips on how to throw the cunts properly and consistently ? I'm very hit and miss ( pun intended )

@@minijc

I’m also hit and miss. The guys on my team, some who play in tournaments, say it’s just practice. Spend lots of time just shooting at the board. But I don’t. I play once and week and that’s it. it doesn’t help that I’m short either. I notice taller people tend to shoot better too.

Only ask about soft tips as my youngest has a board in his room and we bought him soft tips to stop the walls getting chewed up .

Good though.

I got two treble 20s in a row the other night and flung my third into number 3, such was my excitement at possibly getting my first 180.

Any tips on how to throw the cunts properly and consistently ? I'm very hit and miss ( pun intended )

@@minijc

I tried to mimick Anderson and Lewis as I'm quite fast but I've actually slowed my action down a little bit after a friend of friend said I could be good if I went a bit slower and to be honest since then I've improved massively, still got a long way to go to be consistent. At the weekend I played a mate, we are both bang average but the longer it went on the better I got, hit 5 140s over 23 legs in the end and another 10 scores of 100+, it's not great but if I keep putting the hours in that should all improve, I've also hit 4 180s in total now, ideally this year I'd like to hit over 10.

Can't wait to watch minijc take out Van Gerwin

Di didi Di Di dididididi dididididi OI OI OI!!!!!

Haha I'm utter shit in the grand scheme of things but if the chance to play him came up I'd do it, was at an exhibition a few years back where you could bid to play a player, I wanted to play Anderson but they were pushed for time so didn't even auction the leg against him, ended up spending £750 on a signed Anderson and MVG tops.

Does that not infuriate your team mates having to carry a passenger ? Pretty sure if you were in Tupsworth's pool team you would be replaced if you were just turning up and treating it as some sort of social jolly.

He might even crack the cue off your nose first .

It’s 100% recreational (not even a pub league) and just for fun. That said my average isn’t horrible...when I said I’m hit and miss, I mean sometimes I’m hitting 133, sometimes a 30. Mostly somewhere in between.

Everyone is showing up for a social jolly (well except a couple of the teams, which are stacked with tournament players who want to win all the time).

It’s 100% recreational (not even a pub league) and just for fun. That said my average isn’t horrible...when I said I’m hit and miss, I mean sometimes I’m hitting 133, sometimes a 30. Mostly somewhere in between.

Everyone is showing up for a social jolly (well except a couple of the teams, which are stacked with tournament players who want to win all the time).

Soft tip is huge in Canada and the USA, quite a few players chopping and changing between the two variations, I hope you are a Jeff Smith fan, LGIR.

I tried to mimick Anderson and Lewis as I'm quite fast but I've actually slowed my action down a little bit after a friend of friend said I could be good if I went a bit slower and to be honest since then I've improved massively, still got a long way to go to be consistent. At the weekend I played a mate, we are both bang average but the longer it went on the better I got, hit 5 140s over 23 legs in the end and another 10 scores of 100+, it's not great but if I keep putting the hours in that should all improve, I've also hit 4 180s in total now, ideally this year I'd like to hit over 10.

I'm up to 9 180s, got 8 of them in the space of about a year when there was a board in my local a few years ago. Amazing what a difference playing regularly makes, muscle memory etc.

Soft tip is huge in Canada and the USA, quite a few players chopping and changing between the two variations, I hope you are a Jeff Smith fan, LGIR.

I like watching the world championships. But I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of any one in particular.

I’ve seen but never tried soft tips. I should look into it — could put a board upstairs to practice with (I have a board in the basement, which is why I don’t practice much at home).