Uni Life

Big Man

I'll have a job when because I graduate because I go to a decent, forward thinking university whose entry requirements isn't being a chino & body warmer wearing, rugby playing poof.

Though I did get 4 out of 4 unconditional entries to said unis ;)

You go to RGU don't you?

I'd happily go on a gun rampage through Old Aberdeen of a morning.

I agree 100% with your way of thinking. Aberdeen uni students have somewhat of a superiority complex over their RGU counterparts, absolute wankers. Ya's as we call them. Last time I encountered one I nearly battered him in Tiger Tiger (dont ask why I was in there). Anyway cunt in chinos and a rugby top stole my mates drink off the table as we were standing there. When approached he claimed he was a poor student who made a habit out of stealing drinks he thought were finished because he didnt have money to buy his own drinks. Epitomises why I cant stand the majority of students (family members and close friends are the exception.)

I agree 100% with your way of thinking. Aberdeen uni students have somewhat of a superiority complex over their RGU counterparts, absolute wankers. Ya's as we call them. Last time I encountered one I nearly battered him in Tiger Tiger (dont ask why I was in there). Anyway cunt in chinos and a rugby top stole my mates drink off the table as we were standing there. When approached he claimed he was a poor student who made a habit out of stealing drinks he thought were finished because he didnt have money to buy his own drinks. Epitomises why I cant stand the majority of students (family members and close friends are the exception.)

its called bottom feeding.

the fact you ''nearly battered him '' marks you down as an uneducated mink, playing up to the polar opposite of the 'yah' you so despise.

I've been into Football ever since it was invented (1992).

Hud at.

i actually liked it when the first proposed blueprint for the EPL was disclosed. put that in your pipe and smoke it.

i also liked football when the first english euro super league was invented. just after they hysel fiasco.

so hud at.

You go to RGU don't you?

How did you tell? Haha.

Could have went to Edinburgh, Aberdeen Uni, Stirling Uni or one of the Dundee ones. But the thought of being surrounded by said cunts put me off.

Plus RGU do the placement option. Learn far more working in industry in the 12 months you are there than you ever would at uni.

Its the males that piss me off. Majority of said wankers are English or Irish as well. The birds aint too bad.

How did you tell? Haha.

Could have went to Edinburgh, Aberdeen Uni, Stirling Uni or one of the Dundee ones. But the thought of being surrounded by said cunts put me off.

Plus RGU do the placement option. Learn far more working in industry in the 12 months you are there than you ever would at uni.

Its the males that piss me off. Majority of said wankers are English or Irish as well. The birds aint too bad.

Pal in my class ended up in Manhatten for a year on placement. Nae bad!

I have to confess that I think Uni life is great.

Couple of hours a week where you are meant to go in for lectures but providing you know someone who is diligent and has legible handwriting you can skip that and copy their notes later.

7 days a week out drinking with not a proper care in the world.

Pubs and business bending over backwards to get your money off you and dishing out loads of discounts or "student prices."

Only really need to do some work at the end of each year to make sure you get through exams to allow you a summer of doing nothing but more dossing about before it all starts again in Sept/Oct.

I left school a hard working eager individual. Up the crack of dawn most days, read lots etc etc. I left university a lazy slob, who struggled to care. Rarely went, never got chased up when I was only turning up at about 5 hours out of 18 timetabled a week. Still got a first class out of it. Whole thing was a joke, could have been done in about a year. To me, university is all about those drainers that McGhee went on about. I barely recall a lecturer who inspired or even appeared to have any real interest in what they did.

Thankfully re-entering the real world invigorated me a bit. Still got a lazier side to me than ever existed before I went to university though. Would quite happily have gone straight in to work from school if my qualification had not required me to get a degree beforehand (though quite ridiculously, it just has to be a degree of 2:1 or higher in any subject).

Definitely. If you choose your placement well, and impress, you don't even need to think about job hunting in fourth year either.

Which takes a lot of stress away from you for all the 9-5s you will be in all year round as it is that much to do... (Usual scaremongering at the start of every new educational step you take in your life)