How Many Flats/houses Have You Lived In?

Podge

This could be a boring topic but as I have just moved into my 12th flat since leaving home to start uni in 2002, I wondered if other people are a bit wishy washy with flats like me. That doesn't include homes you have lived in with family, but flags or houses since you left home or went away to uni and so on.

Do you move every year or so? Seems to be the habit for me, get bored and want something new. The current flat though has a pump for the water though and the walls even to the neighbours' flats are shambolic, you can hear heaps through them, so I doubt I will be here long.

So, how many places have you lived since leaving home? Any good stories involving flats or moving flats? Or are you somehow a bizarre character and have hardly moved flats much at all?

Also, if you eventually bought a place, how many flats had you been in before deciding to buy, and what made you? It is somewhat annoying to be renting a flag and effectively paying for someone else's flat, but thesedays it is difficult to buy your first place it is maybe just as well renting for a few more years yet?

I left home 2 years ago aged 24 and bought a 2 bedroom place and been here ever since. Love ma hoose. Own another 2 properties that I rent out. Plan to stay in the house I'm in for at least the next 5 years, maybe move the missus in soon then move once the kids start arriving. Cos it's 2 bedroom don't necessarily have to move till a second child comes along.

I had 6 different addresses in Aberdeen before I moved to Edinburgh had a 6 month lease there, got a nice wee house now which has been purchased so I won't be moving for the forseeable future. One problem I had was always mixing up post codes and phone numbers. When you have created accounts with places and you don't use them for a while and they want your post code or phone number I had to try and remember all the various options. Getting tickets for Old Scum games and trying to provide data base details and giving the wrong post code then being made to feel like a hun! I really should've laid off the pills when I was a lad my short term memory is not what it should be.

Has it not been said that moving house is one of the most stressfull things you can do?

Personally, the both times I've moved it was hassle free.

Was 22 when I bought my flat in town and it was great having the freedom and being able to wander into town on a whim midweek or weekend get pissed and stagger back. A couple of pals lived on king Street too so was out all the time.

The 2nd time I moved it was also no bother. Barely had enough from my 1 bedroom flat to fill the 3 bedroom house so moving belongings was no problem and dealing with the paperwork was no problem too.

I've been pretty lucky so far. Moved up to Aberdeen as a student and as I moved out of halls my parents invested in a flat (2003). I have been in the same flat ever since (I bought it from them about 3 years ago) but it's currently for sale so I'll be moving on soon.

moved out the rents at 27, and currently live in my first home - been there 2 years past August.

Jeezo, how did you manage to last that long?! Plenty of time to save your deposit I guess.

Has it not been said that moving house is one of the most stressfull things you can do?

Personally, the both times I've moved it was hassle free.

Was 22 when I bought my flat in town and it was great having the freedom and being able to wander into town on a whim midweek or weekend get pissed and stagger back. A couple of pals lived on king Street too so was out all the time.

The 2nd time I moved it was also no bother. Barely had enough from my 1 bedroom flat to fill the 3 bedroom house so moving belongings was no problem and dealing with the paperwork was no problem too.

I'd agree! Been in my first flat since May. Just getting it finished now :(

At 18 i bought a brand new one bed flat in a new estate in Airdrie(what was i thinking) since then i have been in 3 RAF houses (Forres/Kinloss and Telford), with a flat mate in glasgow for a year and im in my third flat in Coatbridge at the moment. Hopefully by next xmas ill be in the house im gonna live in for the rest of ma life!

I've been pretty lucky so far. Moved up to Aberdeen as a student and as I moved out of halls my parents invested in a flat (2003). I have been in the same flat ever since (I bought it from them about 3 years ago) but it's currently for sale so I'll be moving on soon.

Jeezo, how did you manage to last that long?! Plenty of time to save your deposit I guess.

Staying at home didnt really bother me tbh - let me save plenty for a house and moved out when I had the money together.

13 different places in the 16 years since eh left hame, but that includes a 3 year stint at one place and 5 years at another.

Lived in oor current mansion for getting on 2 years now, still got shitloads of DIY that eh canna be ersed tae dae.

Are mobile homes deemed flats these days? :dontknow:

You purchased a flat in Airdrie, fucking hell mate - I'm surprised you got out alive.

lasted a year and sold it was a 5g profit! even though i was a brand new estate it was next to one of the roughest area (near Airdrie's stadium) in Airdrie! havent been back since!! horrible place!

I stayed with my folks then my girlfriend. We split up, I moved home. I had a big argument with my mum. Massive. I phoned a solicitor and told him to put an offer in for where I now live. I've lived there ever since - about 12 years.

I want to move to Spain, that's my favourite pipedream. My kind of Billy Liar life/dreaming scenario. Real world is for losers.

Haha, it is a fine Indian restaurant and that was some trippy shit when it turned into a nightclub, bizarre - really bizarre, but the place was full of fucking Man U fans - and I was always falling out with them.

It was a shit place to stay IMO.

Sorted :thumbup1:

Haha, it is a fine Indian restaurant and that was some trippy shit when it turned into a nightclub, bizarre - really bizarre, but the place was full of fucking Huns - and I was always falling out with them.

It was a shit place to stay IMO.

Just went to the Curry Club for the first time recently. It was intersting...

Having grown up in Ellon, I wouldn't go back any time soon. I rarely do now, and a lot of my mates are settling down there. With my parents away, no reason to go back apart from the (very) occasional liver-bashing.

Problem I have with the place is that there are so many people in their 20s that have never left the place and think that a) they are god's gift to the world and b) that Ellon is a happening place.

Just went to the Curry Club for the first time recently. It was intersting...

Having grown up in Ellon, I wouldn't go back any time soon. I rarely do now, and a lot of my mates are settling down there. With my parents away, no reason to go back apart from the (very) occasional liver-bashing.

Problem I have with the place is that there are so many people in their 20s that have never left the place and think that a) they are god's gift to the world and b) that Ellon is a happening place.

i mind it used to be full of little big men who would look for a dust up every weekend cause they were losers who couldnt handle their drink