Margaret Thatcher

a1-don

I like it when people blame governments for their shit luck. It's never their own fault. :)

thats the problem. the maggie haters all happen to be the minks with zero get up and go.

who incidentally and ironically get the most out of this country in the form of handouts

I like it when people blame governments for their shit luck. It's never their own fault. :)

So basically there is no point in having a government if people can get by on luck alone.

If you worked in an industry that was being crushed by a government to try and break the control of trade unions would you seriously be sitting there saying oh what rotten luck?

So basically there is no point in having a government if people can get by on luck alone.

If you worked in an industry that was being crushed by a government to try and break the control of trade unions would you seriously be sitting there saying oh what rotten luck?

that is not a good thing. you are aware of that fact, arent you.

I was only butting in to be an arse. I wasn't around when Thatcher was in charge so have no opinion.

Although to a certain degree you do make your own luck. Many people have come from nothing and are now very successful. A bit of initiative can go a long way. And it's always been the case that industries come and go. The North Sea oil industry won't be around forever. Gotta move with the times.

what isn't a good thing?

trade unions acting on your behalf if your bosses are being cunts?

when the unions hold too much power, yes it is a problem.

at the end of the day, you despise her when in reality its the government you should direct your disdain towards.

and even then its debatable whether they deserve it or not.

blaming her for all these problems is the easy way out. we could all do that at certian points in our life but our energies are better directed at self improvement are they not

you are trotsky arent you.

she did exactly what was needed at the time.

i know that may not sit well with youre finger pointing but even in a country like britian sacrifices need to be made from time to time.

she did what was necessary for the good of the country.

end of story.

which was ?

Guest milne_afc

If it wasn't for Thatcher, we wouldn't have to put up with that ugly Welsh cunt, Simon Weston, every flippin' time Las Malvinas was mentioned on the telly.

That's why i want her to die.

If it wasn't for Thatcher, we wouldn't have to put up with that ugly Welsh cunt, Simon Weston, every flippin' time Las Malvinas was mentioned on the telly.

That's why i want her to die.

they are at it again.

wimpy dave wont do anything about it but maggie never stood for it.

Guest milne_afc

they are at it again.

wimpy dave wont do anything about it but maggie never stood for it.

I'd let them have it.

The locals hardly put up any kind of resistance last time.

thats the problem. the maggie haters all happen to be the minks with zero get up and go.

who incidentally and ironically get the most out of this country in the form of handouts

So basically if you lost your job and there were lack of jobs where you lived it was all your own fault and if you got a bike every xmas from 1979 to 1990 then it was credit to Thatcher?

Sounds like the logic of someone severely retarded and that retardation is down to your lack of effort in the classroom. You can't go blaming the government for shoddy services they provide you know.

It's the people of Aberdeen's fault that the bypass hasn't been built not the council.

:clangers2:

Even moving on from Thatcher, we've seen western society degenerate into fascism, and the onset of draconian and ambiguous laws, which allow government to arrest civilians based on little more than perception rather than letter of law.

If I were working in a factory, or some other blue-collar industry, I'd probably be looking to form a Union, Soviet, or an anarcho-syndicalism, because I've actually become more Bolshie the older I've got.

There needs to be a grass-roots balance to corporate power, otherwise you end up with people working at Walmart wages, ie below the poverty line, while the company posts billions in profit.

We're seeing a return to the peasant classes, and it baffles me why the peasants, current or future, think that's fantastic.

Perhaps they think because they're earning good cash now, and they're happy to see their kids live as wage slaves.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Falklands to be more British :thumbup1:

Island News: The UK is to send over 100 Morris Dancers to the Falklands in order to remind the islanders of their Britishness ahead of a referendum in March.

Downing Street made the decision after an open letter to David Cameron was published in the Guardian by Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.

President Fernandez also reportedly posted in the Guardian Soulmates dating section and bought a 6-in-1 Music Centre from the Guardian Reader Offers section.

The crack squad of Morris Dancers are expected to be air dropped onto the islands next week, and will spend the next two months going from door to door reminding Falklanders how great it is to be British. They are expected to distribute small jars of Branston pickle and DVD box sets of The Darling Buds of May.