Gary Speed Dead

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas is a chaser of egg and is therefore almost duty bound to be homosexual.

Craig Gordon even has a traditional Scottish dance named after him.

if it is the case, im sure there will be some exclusives on sunday, however the red tops may know to try and stay clear for a while until all the facts are known.

im nae convinced that he would have topped himself because he was gay, think thats a nonsense considering the support he had in the game.

:dontknow:

What if, hypothetically, he was 'caught' in a newspaper sting, a la Ron Davies, shall we say 'looking for badgers', in his company vehicle, with a Rastafarian dude?

For instance, obviously, could be any number of scenarios.

dont think he'd hang himself based on that, I think he would have "came out" before then, especially pre managerial positions?

but u just never know

Could be his wife was involved, and there were nipple clamps, gimp suits and fruit on the go at the time, and he may or may not have been dangling by a big hook on his back from a metal bar, whilst she came in about him with a cat of nine tails.

Which she would obviously want to keep hush, hush for now.

I think people are curious to know, and I think that's understandable. I see nothing wrong in it.

Footballers live in the public eye, and if it wasn't for the sports incredible popularity, noone would know of Gary beyond his family and friends. We kind of identify with people we'll never know, we absorb them, we feel like they are nearly our friends. I hope it comes out why, it will help people understand, perhaps understand something about themselves, and moreover I'm sure Gary wouldn't mind. It is a shame for his family obviously if there's too much, or even any intrusion, but i still think football fans wanting to know 'why' is fair enough.

I think people are curious to know, and I think that's understandable. I see nothing wrong in it.

Footballers live in the public eye, and if it wasn't for the sports incredible popularity, noone would know of Gary beyond his family and friends. We kind of identify with people we'll never know, we absorb them, we feel like they are nearly our friends. I hope it comes out why, it will help people understand, perhaps understand something about themselves, and moreover I'm sure Gary wouldn't mind. It is a shame for his family obviously if there's too much, or even any intrusion, but i still think football fans wanting to know 'why' is fair enough.

Nah it wasn't a problem for everyone to know what was going on, he just topped himself :confused:

if he did what he did because he couldn't speak to anyone, he had a wife for crying out loud. if he was gay, the poor lad would go through most of his life listening to his teammates constantly slagging each other off, getting a fiesta stuffed in his face "what do you hink o her gaz?" .torture.

it's a damn shame and if it is the case then footy might need a wee deek at itself.

Cracking post chief. Folk will speculate on why he did himself in, that's just what folk do. Gossip. Myself, I think the boy maybe suffered fae lang term depression and it all got too much for him. The cause for his suicide being depression does seem plausible, I identify wi it as I too suffer fae the condition.

My experiences of depression- before I went to the doctors about it, ye wouldnae think there was fck all the matter wi me, outwardly I was all cheerful but inside I was all sorts of fuct, gettin all wound up, anxious, angry all the time, hell even thinkin about doin maself an injury, just to get awa fae ma stress.

So anyway, it all came to a heid for me and I kent that I had to awa and see the doctor, or I'd be a Cornhill case or worse if I let it go any further. I'm doin nae bad now, was magic just managing to speak to someone about my problems, and got put on anti depressants that seem to have sorted me out quite well.

The doctor tells me that depressive folk often lack enough of a chemical called seretonin in their brains, something to do wi the nerve cells absorbing too much of it. The pills help by stopping your cells absorbing too much of this seretonin stuff, so your brain gets back intae balance and more importantly yer less and less likely to go doolally.

Only downside is that I canna drink on them, which wouldnae be too bad if it was only for a month, but the GP tells me I'm gonna be on them for at least 6 months! Ah well as long as I get better I suppose.

Could be his wife was involved, and there were nipple clamps, gimp suits and fruit on the go at the time, and he may or may not have been dangling by a big hook on his back from a metal bar, whilst she came in about him with a cat of nine tails

I know what you are saying t&p and i would be lying if i said i wasnt interested in why,this ultra sad episode happened.

But the sort of childish disrespectful pish that i have quoted above,well i think we could all live without that,no?

I know what you are saying t&p and i would be lying if i said i wasnt interested in why,this ultra sad episode happened.

But the sort of childish disrespectful pish that i have quoted above,well i think we could all live without that,no?

A football forum is a light hearted place, the post was very tongue in cheek min, if you read back, so I'm not being disrepectful, merely trying to break the ice of doom and gloom which has permeated the thread.

Of course I have every sympathy with Speed's family situation, but I didna ken him personally, so his death is only equal in tragedy to some other man who dies young and leaves behind young children, and not worthy of elevating to front page, tabloid status.

If folk were not bothered about what happened, and I'm one of those, I say respect to his family would involve a complete media blackout for several years until such time as the wounds had healed, but we all know they are a slavering pack of wolves in that trade, and we'll get it shortly after the funeral.

I reckon his private life was a mess and this caused some kind of incident, but we'll find out in due course.

Haven't read beyond this post but, fuck me, what an articulate lad!

Aye I read it too, a good explanation of how bad the illness can get- I'm nae as bad as Stan, seeing as I still had the go about me to get to work during my worst lows, but he pretty much hit the nail on the head describing the shit that goes through your head when you're nae well wi the depression. Just wish more folk were upfront about the condition, I ken a lot o folk wi it (mannies mostly) won't admit to haein depression, due to shame and fear that folk are gonna think they're mental, but the best thing to do is to start talkin about it, if nae wi your friends and family, then defo a doctor.

perhaps its none of your business.

only sad sacks with nothing else in their lives, like minky old firm fans, identify with footballers.

long gone are the days of top footballer being just another man in the street.

according to the many kind tributes gary speed was a diamond guy among the rough of modern day rich selfish uneducated footballers.

still that doesnt make the cause of his death anything to do with you, me or anyone else outside his family for that matter.

just crass idle gossip.

perhaps its none of your business.

only sad sacks with nothing else in their lives, like minky old firm fans, identify with footballers.

long gone are the days of top footballer being just another man in the street.

according to the many kind tributes gary speed was a diamond guy among the rough of modern day rich selfish uneducated footballers.

still that doesnt make the cause of his death anything to do with you, me or anyone else outside his family for that matter.

just crass idle gossip.

Whether it's our business or not it's human nature to speculate on these things.

Whether it's our business or not it's human nature to speculate on these things.

Your right Chris it is human nature to be curious as to why a guy with what appeared to be a life most of us can only dream of would top himself.

If he was suffering from depression/mental illness, the loss of a relatively young guy in the public eye, could help bring this much missunderstood condition out into the open and Gary's death may help other sufferers see that this disorder can effect anyone and that they are not alone.

If on the other hand it is discovered that he was up to his neck in gambling debts...or worse still a secret Buffty boy....and couldn't face up to the fact....I'm affraid he will be as others have said a selfish fu*ker who has let his wife and kids down.

For the above reasons people need to know WTF happened

A celebrity or pop star dies then its jokes from the off.

A fitba player dies and we have to make on like its a close family member.

Great Player, lovely man by all accounts.

I know where you're coming from but there's something quite chilling about this. Something so unexpected and pretty shocking.

Your right Chris it is human nature to be curious as to why a guy with what appeared to be a life most of us can only dream of would top himself.

If he was suffering from depression/mental illness, the loss of a relatively young guy in the public eye, could help bring this much missunderstood condition out into the open and Gary's death may help other sufferers see that this disorder can effect anyone and that they are not alone.

If on the other hand it is discovered that he was up to his neck in gambling debts...or worse still a secret Buffty boy....and couldn't face up to the fact....I'm affraid he will be as others have said a selfish fu*ker who has let his wife and kids down.

For the above reasons people need to know WTF happened

He hung himself.

Don't think that's in any doubt.

Aye but now we want more information.

I suggest some wily newspaper editors and their friends in the Metropolitan Police could perhaps tap the phones of Speed's close friends and associates to get us the gossip we crave.

Alternatively we could mind our own business.

Plenty other folk hung themselves this weekend and I'm nae particularly interested why they did it either.

Bunch of fishwives the fucking lot of ye. :gay: