Gary Speed Dead

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was thinking. May be some mafia type gang threatening him or his family because he got in too deep?

Who knows?

Not to say this has happened as it's pure speculation.

But these bookies could take the piss as well and add massive interest onto debts. But maybe I watch too much crap like Dream Team and the like...

Yeah, the most obvious thought before the gambling rumour came out for me was his wife had left him or something, there was a strange quote about "next of kin have been informed"...but then a family tribute is being released later, maybe depression or something, very bizarre.

Wow! Just incredible!

Always admired Speed as a player and as a Scotland supporter I was genuinely scared at the prospect of facing his Welsh side, who he's made a much better side than Scotland.

As others have said, must have been facing some incredibly tough times personally, as professionally he literally had everything to live for.... a complete winner.

Wow! Just incredible!

Always admired Speed as a player and as a Scotland supporter I was genuinely scared at the prospect of facing his Welsh side, who he's made a much better side than Scotland.

As others have said, must have been facing some incredibly tough times personally, as professionally he literally had everything to live for.... a complete winner.

^^^^well said,totally agree.

Very sad for all involved.

On first hearing the news, reaction was exactly like Fatshafts.

Must be in a horrible place to get in that position, especially when on the surface he seems fine, even to those close to him.

It seems to be the recurring theme that he was a happy bloke but having personally experienced suicide attempts and for a lack of better word, success on one occasion, amongst immediate family and work colleagues, demons can be actively at work beyond a happy exterior.

It really depends though. If it was depression then it is surely likely he suffered from it for years, so you can get to a point where you are fine on the outside and joke about and laugh with friends. Also since in that clip he is on a football show talking about something he is involved in and loves, it would be a distraction from any thoughts he might be having.

Either way, always a sad thing if someone takes their life when they have children etc.

It's a shame for his family they are the ones that have to deal with it and sorry for whomever found him.

Also sorry he got himself to the point where he felt he had to do this. As for the public "rip"s etc. (facebook is full of them just now) didn't know the guy and he did it to himself promoted by a situation I'd assume of his own making, leaving a wife and kids, so I'll not be posting up anything like that.

If it is pure depression or some other mental health issue then that's different of course.

It's a shame for his family they are the ones that have to deal with it and sorry for whomever found him.

Also sorry he got himself to the point where he felt he had to do this. As for the public "rip"s etc. (facebook is full of them just now) didn't know the guy and he did it to himself promoted by a situation I'd assume of his own making, leaving a wife and kids, so I'll not be posting up anything like that.

If it is pure depression or some other mental health issue then that's different of course.

Regardless of what the circumstance was, I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to think that is the only option. I am not one for posting RIP messages etc, but when a young guy, no matter what his job, feels the need to take his life, it is a sad day.

So much shit about this online but read that a journalist was away to out him.

And that journalists are camped outside his house right now.

Fucking disgusting, abhorrent people. But then we knew this already. Why the fuck would anyone aspire to be a tabloid journalist?

Just cause they write stories aboot folk - means they want them dead??? Calm doon.

I think the point was about them being camped outside the families home, like vultures, waiting for any kind of story. Just leave them be.

No chance of that, papers the morn will run nothing else - miss out on any drama from the hoose and your behind all the other rags. As long as people buy these papers then this will happen.

No chance of that, papers the morn will run nothing else - miss out on any drama from the hoose and your behind all the other rags. As long as people buy these papers then this will happen.

No I know, but especially when kids involved, they should be left in some sort of peace. No chance though I know