Question And Answer Session In Ellon

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Haudagen is pretty backed up most weekends so most are going to have to sit in that as well.

And you'd still have to sit at the Haudegen, regardless of whether the stadium was at the beach or Loirston!! Do you actually read what you type before you hit send. What a pile of utter bobbins you speak.

If living in Kintore then parking at beach leisure centre is not the smartest move to say the least. Living north west of pittodrie and parking south east!!

Why? It's free, no chance of getting a ticket and if I leave a few mins before final whistle, I can generally get down Urquart Street, up King Street and cut through a few back alleys to get me to Woodside in reasonable time. Even if I turn up at 2:55 I can generally get parked down the cricket pitch/back of the ice rink area. It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Irrespective of any of our methods, long held or just a notion, the fact is, this piece of land was going cheap and ultimately, that has been the main driver in the decision.

Let's just accept it and move on.

If living in Kintore then parking at beach leisure centre is not the smartest move to say the least. Living north west of pittodrie and parking south east!!

Utter shite.

I came in from Kintore for games and parked there all the time. I did that because I could get in from Kintore, park up and be in the ground in under 30 minutes if I didn't want to go for a pint. I also got home quicker that way, leave when the final whistle blew, bolt across the golf course and you're away clear of the traffic, round the beach, up through Scotstown, down by the Buckie Farm and Danestone, up through Muggiemoss and then onto the dualler. The most efficient and easiest way to get home from Pittodrie IMO.

And you'd still have to sit at the Haudegen, regardless of whether the stadium was at the beach or Loirston!! Do you actually read what you type before you hit send. What a pile of utter bobbins you speak.

Eh? what you havering about?

Kingseat road then down king street 20-25 mins to the game and slightly less on the way hame nae bother at all

Think you would struggle to find a route that avoids the haudagen, anderson drive, bridge of dee, altens on the way to and from the stadium but i look forward to your suggestion. Regardless of that public transport from anything outside aberdeen is going to be a nightmare, as too is getting to any midweek games.

Utter shite.

I came in from Kintore for games and parked there all the time. I did that because I could get in from Kintore, park up and be in the ground in under 30 minutes if I didn't want to go for a pint. I also got home quicker that way, leave when the final whistle blew, bolt across the golf course and you're away clear of the traffic, round the beach, up through Scotstown, down by the Buckie Farm and Danestone, up through Muggiemoss and then onto the dualler. The most efficient and easiest way to get home from Pittodrie IMO.

Takes TWL 45 minutes!!

Pittodrie Place - stay til end - stroll to car - out road and can be home in Bucksburn in 15 minutes. All about strategic parking. Probably at Haudegain by time you get to your car!!

Takes TWL 45 minutes!!

Pittodrie Place - stay til end - stroll to car - out road and can be home in Bucksburn in 15 minutes. All about strategic parking. Probably at Haudegain by time you get to your car!!

In fairness, I NEVER run back to my car, unless being chased by Chelsea headhunters :rolleyes:

Kingseat road then down king street 20-25 mins to the game and slightly less on the way hame nae bother at all

Think you would struggle to find a route that avoids the haudagen, anderson drive, bridge of dee, altens on the way to and from the stadium but i look forward to your suggestion. Regardless of that public transport from anything outside aberdeen is going to be a nightmare, as too is getting to any midweek games.

You have the cartel on havering Stoney - so calm yer beans.

The statement you made was that you'd get stuck at Haudegan when the new stadium gets built. I get stuck at the Haudegan at the moment, so your point is redundant. If I were to be travelling to Loirston, I could come over the back roads from Kintore, and bypass any traffic. As it is, having to cut through town is mandatory in order to get to Pittodrie.

Some you win, some you lose. The new location will suit some more than others in the same way it does at the moment. But if you love the Dons, you'll go to the game, regardless.

Takes TWL 45 minutes!!

Aye but fits the chances of getting parked at Pittodrie place at 14.50 on a Saturday afternoon min? I have parked in the Golf club car park on occasion if in early enough to get parked but in failing that the beach works fine for me!

You have the cartel on havering Stoney - so calm yer beans.

The statement you made was that you'd get stuck at Haudegan when the new stadium gets built. I get stuck at the Haudegan at the moment, so your point is redundant. If I were to be travelling to Loirston, I could come over the back roads from Kintore, and bypass any traffic. As it is, having to cut through town is mandatory in order to get to Pittodrie.

Some you win, some you lose. The new location will suit some more than others in the same way it does at the moment. But if you love the Dons, you'll go to the game, regardless.

haudagain was one of the 4 or 5 points on the route i listed so why pick that one?

again that wasnt the point, the fact is there are no winners from us moving to lauriston, its not going to benefit most of the fan base?

Nah i dont love the club at all, thats why i went 10 years without missing a game.

Hence why it stings even more that the club dont give a fuck about the fans opinions.

haudagain was one of the 4 or 5 points on the route i listed so why pick that one?

again that wasnt the point, the fact is there are no winners from us moving to lauriston, its not going to benefit most of the fan base?

Nah i dont love the club at all, thats why i went 10 years without missing a game.

Hence why it stings even more that the club dont give a fuck about the fans opinions.

Yet you only go cos of the location

:hysterical:

Just because i dont enjoy watching the games doesnt mean i still dont support the club.

Plenty of reds dont go to games now because the stardard of football is so bad, dont blame them at all.

Youd have to be not right in the head to go into pittodrie with a smile on your face these days.

Just because i dont enjoy watching the games doesnt mean i still dont support the club.

Plenty of reds dont go to games now because the stardard of football is so bad, dont blame them at all.

Youd have to be not right in the head to go into pittodrie with a smile on your face these days.

If the footballs good everything clicks into place but if the footballs shit we know the score. If AFC were playing well fans would come wherever the new ground is.

Aye made this table at end of last season will maybes update it today if i have time drop in average attendances from 10 years ago till this season. Will see what time i have

1 Celtic 58,618 - 48,425 = -10193 -17.3%

2 Rangers 47,873 - 44,580 = - 3293 -6.87%

3 Aberdeen 13,720 - 9,603 = - 4117 -30%

4 Hearts, 12,080 - 14,124 = + 2044 +16.92

5 Hibernian 11,524 - 12,579 = +1055 +9.14%

6 Dundee 7,958 -

7Dundee United 7,711 - 7433 = -278 -3.06%

8 Kilmarnock 7,621 - 5540 = -2081 -28.6%

9 Livingston 7,428

10 Dunfermline Athletic 6,448

11 Motherwell 5,878 - 5,208 = -670 -11.3%

12 St Johnstone 4,579 - 3,745 -838 -18.2%

History of average attendances shows that week in week out the support isn't there

I'd be happy enough with about 13,000 on average which I know is a lot more than now but we've been pish for a generation. If we won a trophy unusual concept these days and we were playing better in general the average would have to rise even if it was just dragged up bumper crowds against the OF.

Aye made this table at end of last season will maybes update it today if i have time drop in average attendances from 10 years ago till this season. Will see what time i have

1 Celtic 58,618 - 48,425 = -10193 -17.3%

2 Rangers 47,873 - 44,580 = - 3293 -6.87%

3 Aberdeen 13,720 - 9,603 = - 4117 -30%

4 Hearts, 12,080 - 14,124 = + 2044 +16.92

5 Hibernian 11,524 - 12,579 = +1055 +9.14%

6 Dundee 7,958 -

7Dundee United 7,711 - 7433 = -278 -3.06%

8 Kilmarnock 7,621 - 5540 = -2081 -28.6%

9 Livingston 7,428

10 Dunfermline Athletic 6,448

11 Motherwell 5,878 - 5,208 = -670 -11.3%

12 St Johnstone 4,579 - 3,745 -838 -18.2%

Without going into too much detail

Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United, Motherwell and St Johnstone all made good improvements so far on last seasons totals but still down overall

Hibs are the big losers going from a healthy plus to quite a significant minus

Slight loss for hearts but still up on their average

Us and killie plung further into oblivion. And with Dunfermline on saturday think our average will take a further hit, potentially only one more old firm game for us again, so looks like our average will continue to fall)

Without going into too much detail

Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United, Motherwell and St Johnstone all made good improvements so far on last seasons totals but still down overall

Hibs are the big losers going from a healthy plus to quite a significant minus

Slight loss for hearts but still up on their average

Us and killie plung further into oblivion. And with Dunfermline on saturday think our average will take a further hit, potentially only one more old firm game for us again, so looks like our average will continue to fall)

Not sure what point you're trying to make other than attendances have dropped. We all know that - we can see it with our own eyes any given match day.

The reason for dropping attendances is a mixture of circumstances, but mostly directly linked to on field performance and the current financial uncertainty versus high residual price of admission for SPL games.

Not sure what point you're trying to make other than attendances have dropped. We all know that - we can see it with our own eyes any given match day.

The reason for dropping attendances is a mixture of circumstances, but mostly directly linked to on field performance and the current financial uncertainty versus high residual price of admission for SPL games.

Significant drop in attendances after qots disaster

Point was that no matter how team are playing fans have had enough and quite rightly so

Aye had the pleasure of going to the reebok too, there will be no comparison to ours.

Reebok is one of the best stadiums i have been too, and has been extremely well thought out.

The whole set-up of the Reebok could hardly be more like Loirston, indeed AFC even said early on they were using the Reebok as a model.

Unpopular edge of town location that the fans were almost universally against (not really even in the town anymore, where will we get a pint, how will we get there?) but are now wholly behind except for the former lived right next to the ground whingers, on a busy road less than a mile from the main motorway(dual carriageway), built beside a large retail and business area by a Chairman who is never seen nor heard publicly

Right enough, nithin like loirston.

Also unless im mistaken, most cars are going to turning left out of the ground to go back into the city / shire! That in itself is going to be a fucking nightmare unless they build a duel carriage way and round about!

Its hard enough getting out of the AECC car park after a concert and thats a round about going onto three major roads (and two duel carriage ways)

I really am struggling to see the positives of the stadium location!

I assume also that there are plans in place for the away fans getting the train in - or are they going to be on our busses too? :hunbash:

Why would turning left be a nightmare? I cannot fathom what your issue is, you on one hand claim only 10% get to Pittodrie by car, frankly if it's not around 50% I'd be astonished, and as a former car driver (to the game, now a bus/drop off drinking feil) I can only say Pittodrie's access and parking could not possibly be worse.

If you're searching desperately for doom and gloom about the stadium, I'd suggest the car situation is not one you want to go down, it will be immeasurably better.

Your knowledge of the roads of Aberdeenshire is apparentyl appalling. You could do loirston- Kintore without touching any of those points, and almost certainly would.

Anyone south of Cove, anyone from Cove, Altens, Nigg, Kincorth, Torry, Garthdee are all absolutely winners as far as travel time is concerned. Many more will know no difference, and a number will be much worse off. Tis the way of things.

You think there are 3000plus car users at any given game at pittodrie?

you cant see a problem with 500plus cars coming out of a single track road onto a dual carriageway

Secondly who mentioned anything about kintore?

Thirdly as already pointed out most of our season ticket holders are from the north of the dee