Fm2012

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its almost like the real thing innit MT ;)

My tips when going the Dons are;

Ask for additional % of transfer income straight away.

find a parent club straight away

Unfortunately I also sack most the youth coaches including Coop but its only a game. Get in another 1st team coach instead

Sell Magennis, give Mackie away for free (it frees up wages), send Gonzalez back to city (more wages freed)

track McFadden, put in a bid for him when he's still 3-4 weeks away from being fully fit. He signs for

My Spurs team is currently

Gomes

Walker Samba © Bassong Bale

Pedro (Loan) Modric Sandro Di Maria (Loan)

Allefay or VDV

Adebayor or Defoe

Got to the finals of all the cups including the Europa, but only won the FA, in my first season then finished 5th after the team was all fucked from so many games. Had 4 games in the last 8 days of the season!

Sitting 2nd after 31 games in my 2nd season. Out the Europa after fielding my 2nd string against Valencia because i was 2-0 up after the first leg. Rookie error, fans were all having feegees. Into the semi's of the FA again and all the big teams are knocked out so that should be comfortable.

Hopefully take in Baines to push Bale into midfield and get Lorante (sp) to replace Adebayor who's become a bit shit after i took up the option of buying him.

Great game for working offshore!

I stopped buying FM games as I thought they were getting far to in depth and less about playing the matches. The 'half time team talk' bug from a couple of games ago was the last straw for me, dunno how many times my teams would be 2 or 3 up at half time and get beat because of a miraculous recovery in the second half.

I presume the latest version is more in depth, are the additions worth it or like some of them in previous games (eg press interaction) a bit of unneeded showiness? I quite fancy getting back into it.

I got the boot from the Dons in Feb of my first season. Was well pissed off. I was sitting 9th but it was really tight so I thought things could improve.

I then got given the Cardiff job but I've hardly played it since as I'm still feeling a bit down about the whole Aberdeen thing. It was my dream job.

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Looking forward to get stuck right into this once exams are out the way and I've got myself a new laptop.

Is Mo' any good? Would take a guess that he isn't which would be annoying 'cause I already know I want to play him.

Tempted to download the transfer update patch and not sign anyone in the first season to see how far I can go with this first 11:

Brown

Jack Anderson Considine Reynolds

Fyvie Arnason Milsom

Chalali

Vernon Fallon

Think top three with Fallon upfront would be some achievement.

I love FM 2012.

I always go Man City as its fun to spend money.

Here are my "must buy" tips:

Kara - Tromso

Prestia Giuseppe -Palermo

Carlos Fierro - Chivas

Yaya Sanogo - Auxerre

Milan Badelj - Dinamo

Niang Mbaye - Stade Caen

Romario - Victora (Brazil - he is a right back)

Sime Vrsaljko - Dinamo

Vaclav Kadlec - Sparta

Note these players are what I would consider to be cheap wonderkids and could be signed for most teams (out of Aberdeen's reach though....)

My Spurs team is currently

Gomes

Pedro (Loan) Modric Sandro Di Maria (Loan)

Allefay or VDV

Adebayor or Defoe

Got to the finals of all the cups including the Europa, but only won the FA, in my first season then finished 5th after the team was all fucked from so many games. Had 4 games in the last 8 days of the season!

Sitting 2nd after 31 games in my 2nd season. Out the Europa after fielding my 2nd string against Valencia because i was 2-0 up after the first leg. Rookie error, fans were all having feegees. Into the semi's of the FA again and all the big teams are knocked out so that should be comfortable.

Hopefully take in Baines to push Bale into midfield and get Lorante (sp) to replace Adebayor who's become a bit shit after i took up the option of buying him.

Great game for working offshore!

My Spurs team

Stegan 10mol Bruss Munch)

Walker

Dawson

Subotic (15mil B Dortmund)

Cisssoko (12mol Lyon)

Fanfan 12mil

Sandro

Modric

Bale

RVDV

Cavali (30mil Napoli)

Otemandi (15mil Porto)

Lennon

Parker

King

Defoe

Kane

Sigmussen (icelandic wonderkid 10m)

sitting 3rd end of January....Cavali has score 6 in three games since signing and Sigmussen scored 4 in 2 games!

Milan Badelj - Dinamo

Vaclav Kadlec - Sparta

Badjelj has signed for Man U in my game and Kadlec tore me apart in the Champions League with Porto!

Nespa - Thats me in my 3rd season now. Finished 5th in my 1st season and 3rd in my 2nd. Sitting top of the league after 19 games in my 3rd.

Now play a 4-2-3-1

Gomes

Kayal Sandro

Allefay Raval Morrison Modric

Tevez

Tactics are rigid, control the game with short passing through the middle.

Tevez scored 4 on his debut and was 0 - 6 up at half time against Villa on the opening day of the season.

I presume it happens in every game, Spurs announce they're building a new stadium so my transfer budget for season 3 was only

Badjelj has signed for Man U in my game and Kadlec tore me apart in the Champions League with Porto!

Nespa - Thats me in my 3rd season now. Finished 5th in my 1st season and 3rd in my 2nd. Sitting top of the league after 19 games in my 3rd.

Now play a 4-2-3-1

Gomes

Kayal Sandro

Allefay Raval Morrison Modric

Tevez

Tactics are rigid, control the game with short passing through the middle.

Tevez scored 4 on his debut and was 0 - 6 up at half time against Villa on the opening day of the season.

I presume it happens in every game, Spurs announce they're building a new stadium so my transfer budget for season 3 was only

Finally got round to buying this and starting a game with the glorious Dons.

Must say this is the easiest FM game I've played in ages (but I have been playing them since about 1996 and the old Champ Man days)

Started with The Dons and played the same team for most of the season with the same formation. I made no signing at all in my first season and was very lucky to suffer little injuries.

Team and formation: (4-4-2)

Langfield

Foster

Mawene

Considine

McArdle

Clark

Arnason

Milsom

Pawlett/Robertson

Fallon

Vernon

Pawlett got injured halfway through the season, so I put Robertson in who was a fecking revelation! Scored 10 goals in 20 games on the right wing.

Vernon is a goal machine with 16 goals and Fallon got 9.

Chris Clark is brilliant in the game and chipped in 9 goals from the left wing (including a late winner at Ibrox)

Anyway, finished 3rd in the league, (only 2 points off 2nd and 4 points off 1st)

Won the league cup (pumped Rangers out in the Semi's) but lost in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup.

Just signed Scott Brown in the summer for free as I prepare for season two and bringing further glory to the Dons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Usually find the games a stroll with Aberdeen but started a network game on 2012 with my flatmate and I'm bottom with 5 points after 10 games. Played matches in the cup and one in the league (where I beat Hibs 3-0 at Easter Road) where we've looked untouchable but most others the players can't string a pass together.

Will probably have to start a game on my own to get used to the set up before I get continually embarrassed.