Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

Welcome back Dundee.

So, we can finally put all this NewCo back to SPL or SPL2 nonsense to bed (for this coming season at least).

Still hoping a Vote of No Confidence will take place for Regan and Doncaster. Fuds.

I'd say thats it done for good now Paddy

They may try and cut a year off with the restructuring but if its for the good of the game and gives us larger leagues then so be it.

Don't want to be a jonah here but... we need confirmation the share has been transferred to be sure its all set in stone. Until then it is just a proposal.

I assume Rangers won't try to block this as they are about to be liquidated.

I'm also guessing while pissed off Dunfermline may need to accept that they were relegated fair and square so just need to suck it up and get on with it.

No chance of SPL expansion or SPL 2 this season.

I'm still not convinced 100% Sevco will bother going ahead with playing in SFL3 though. How can they possibly sustain it? Far too many outgoing and too little coming in. Not sure what there alternative is but when you think about it a years suspension might have been cheaper! I wonder if the fallback plan was to fund playing up from the lower leagues with player sales - can't see how else they planned to do it. So now with so many players leaving without return they are really up shit creek.

However its good to feel things are finally falling into place. We have so much to look forward to: More players leaving, BDO investigations starting once liquidation begins, Appellate Tribunal, Dual Contracts investigations, EBTs for W Smith and others?? and so on and so forth.

What does this mean for the fixtures then?

Are Dundee and Utd at hame the same day, will that mean they need to redo the fixtures?

I'd imagine they will just make one game a Saturday, the other a Sunday in those cases.

Does this also now mean Airdrie and Stranraer are automatically bumped up a League?

Richard Gordon will present a Sportsound special analysing what today's announcement means for Scottish football - from 18:10 BST on BBC Radio Scotland 810 MW

There's so many sportsound specials, it's like were mid season!!!

I doubt Dunfermline would challenge this, did they not recently have a vote where their fans voted to be in SFL 1 if they have the option??!!

The boy Yorkston has said publicly that he just wants this over with and that they were not prepared for SPL anyway

Don't want to be a jonah here but... we need confirmation the share has been transferred to be sure its all set in stone. Until then it is just a proposal.

I assume Rangers won't try to block this as they are about to be liquidated.

I'm also guessing while pissed off Dunfermline may need to accept that they were relegated fair and square so just need to suck it up and get on with it.

No chance of SPL expansion or SPL 2 this season.

I'm still not convinced 100% Sevco will bother going ahead with playing in SFL3 though. How can they possibly sustain it? Far too many outgoing and too little coming in. Not sure what there alternative is but when you think about it a years suspension might have been cheaper! I wonder if the fallback plan was to fund playing up from the lower leagues with player sales - can't see how else they planned to do it. So now with so many players leaving without return they are really up shit creek.

Surely it's done and dusted now...They'll field youngsters and old hacker's (McCulloch and the like)...

There's so many sportsound specials, it's like were mid season!!!

I doubt Dunfermline would challenge this, did they not recently have a vote where their fans voted to be in SFL 1 if they have the option??!!

The boy Yorkston has said publicly that he just wants this over with and that they were not prepared for SPL anyway

I think that would be the sensible approach with a 16 team SPL likely to be proposed for 2013/14.

Why the fucking surprise?!

Every fucker in Scotland that makes a decision on football in this country will agree with that.

Any fucker who thinks different is totally fucking deluded....as sad as that is

tup et al.......fucking grow the fuck up and wake the fuck up!!!!!!

The scum will be smelling their way around the SPL in August

Get used to it.

Sad as it is...the cunts will be at Pittodrie next year.

I sometimes wonder about the intelligence of folk on here.

We dont need Rangers.......but we WILL have the cunts here

and when it happens, tup, I demand an apology from you, you deluded fecker!

I of course will reciprocate should they be in Div 3.

I really hope I'm grovelling to you soon.... but am not holding my breath

:laughing: what a spastic.

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 2

Surely it's done and dusted now...They'll field youngsters and old hacker's (McCulloch and the like)...

Nowhere near it when it comes to Sevco FC.

They now have to gain their SFA licence. To do this they'll have to face up to the fall out of the administrators taking the SFA to court. They also have to prove they are actually a football club and not just a company with a stadium as an asset. They have very few players, no youth system and no back accounts...

They'll also have to prove they can play all their fixtures next season. Hard to do when there is a huge stadium to keep and very little money coming in. They also have players on

Welllllll.

Lets think:

What do you think Rangers used to pay their youngsters? I'd guess quite a bit for kids.

What do we think they were paying McCulloch? 15k? 20k? :hysterical:

Do we really think Wallace and guys like that will stay? I doubt they will want to now. I think they'll be sold to try and raise money to get through the season.

They'll need to bring some squad players of some sort in. I really hope they are a bunch of fucking rejects as this will make me smile to see some real shite pull on the old hun shirt in the name of sevco.

And even allowing for selling a few assets to bring in cash, then mostly relying on old heads, youngsters and some squad fillers this takes no account of the considerable expense of operating Murray Park, Ibrox and the sizeable staff they had.

Anyone ever see anything about how many of the 100+ staff tupe transfered over? Teams of PR people etc etc to pay.

Welllllll.

Lets think:

What do you think Rangers used to pay their youngsters? I'd guess quite a bit for kids.

Do we really think Wallace and guys like that will stay? I doubt they will want to now. I think they'll be sold to try and raise money to get through the season.

They'll need to bring some squad players of some sort in. I really hope they are a bunch of fucking rejects as this will make me smile to see some real shite pull on the old hun shirt in the name of sevco.

And even allowing for selling a few assets to bring in cash, then mostly relying on old heads, youngsters and some squad fillers this takes no account of the considerable expense of operating Murray Park, Ibrox and the sizeable staff they had.

Anyone ever see anything about how many of the 100+ staff tupe transfered over? Teams of PR people etc etc to pay.

From an AFC point of view it over though...We will not see the cu*ts on league duty for at least 3 years...I hope AFC see the potential and invest in what could become European football on a regular basis...It's a good day...which could be made a whole lot better with the double whammy of Broon and Knox getting shown the door.

• Downvote 2

From an AFC point of view it over though...We will not see the cu*ts on league duty for at least 3 years...I hope AFC see the potential and invest in what could become European football on a regular basis...It's a good day...which could be made a whole lot better with the double whammy of Broon and Knox getting shown the door.

:laughing:

Nowhere near it when it comes to Sevco FC.

They now have to gain their SFA licence. To do this they'll have to face up to the fall out of the administrators taking the SFA to court. They also have to prove they are actually a football club and not just a company with a stadium as an asset. They have very few players, no youth system and no back accounts...

They'll also have to prove they can play all their fixtures next season. Hard to do when there is a huge stadium to keep and very little money coming in. They also have players on

Welllllll.

Lets think:

The 'Mackie to Ibrox' campaign starts here...