Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

Correct...they lose the history and the name in return they are debt free and (depending on the collective backbones of the SPL and SPL Chairmen) back in business with a new name and cash from Green's backers...For traditionalists huns it's a bad day...for realist huns...It's probably the best they could hope for

greens backers and cash hasn't even been put upfront and there's no guarantee he will get those assets either.

read the HMRC lines from the website

From HMRC website

Any disposal of property after the commencement of the winding up is void unless the Court orders otherwise. If HMRC receives payments from the company, and HMRC has presented the petition, that amount may be repayable to the liquidator. In this case you must seek further advice from EIS (see the Contact List on the Insolvency intranet website).

Well good news - that club and its history is going, going, gone - whatever comes in its place will be new.

After all the years of cheating I do not feel an overwhelming sense of pleasure but a simpler satisfaction that they have reaped what they sowed.

We must ensure that fear and intimidation do not undo the fall of the orcs.

COYR! :thehat:

greens backers and cash hasn't even been put upfront and there's no guarantee he will get those assets either.

Ah but they will though...there will be some wringing of hands from high profile huns about...in best Weegie accent..."It's a sin so it is"...Reality is the cu*ts will most likley come out of this in better shape than they went in...

It's down to the SPL Chairmen to ensure the above does not happen...they have the power...will they use it?

From HMRC website

Any disposal of property after the commencement of the winding up is void unless the Court orders otherwise. If HMRC receives payments from the company, and HMRC has presented the petition, that amount may be repayable to the liquidator. In this case you must seek further advice from EIS (see the Contact List on the Insolvency intranet website).

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/insmanual/ins1510.htm

So in my eyes, green can rtf if thinks he ca buy it for

Breaking news SPL CHAIRMEN REJECT RANGERS NEWCO FROM SPL ( Joking )

This is the next big headline to come :sheepdance:

I just canna see it, they are all so feckin short sighted and have no bottle, although they have spouted off a bit about the situation rangers have caused etc, they will vote a newco back in with mimimal penalties so we'll have a debt free newco in the spl next season is my guess.

This is ONLY tax ..... Dual contracts will have people sent to prison ... But that's a new ball game :)

Aye I understand this is just tax issues being dealt with now but my thinking is that with liquidation of oldco then the possibility of chucking rangers out the leage for dual contracts will die as the newco will have a new licence rubber stamped who cannot be punished.

People going to jail is all well and good but I want rangers as a club oldco or newco to never be allowed to play in the SPL again and the dual contraxcts issue was the one that I thought would enable this, everyone who may go to jail will all relate to oldco and not newco.

Looks like HMRC are happy for the sale to Green to proceed. They just want the business liquidated so they can go after Murray and all the former directors! Basically, the story has split into two now: Rangers Newco versus the SFL/SFA/etc and Old Rangers Board versus HMRC.

Yep, that's the way I read it. The HMRC statement about newco Rangers continuing next season is very worrying. The next few days are critical. If HMRC don't block the sale to the Green consortium and instead go for a sale of assets to the highest bidder then the fix is in.

I've said all along, in my opinion the powers that be will not allow an SPL next season without "Rangers". I'm convinced they will be there, in blue, at Ibrox, debt free. We can shout all we want about it "not really being Rangers" but to all intents and purposes it will be, history and all.

Yep, that's the way I read it. The HMRC statement about newco Rangers continuing next season is very worrying. The next few days are critical. If HMRC don't block the sale to the Green consortium and instead go for a sale of assets to the highest bidder then the fix is in.

I've said all along, in my opinion the powers that be will not allow an SPL next season without "Rangers". I'm convinced they will be there, in blue, at Ibrox, debt free. We can shout all we want about it "not really being Rangers" but to all intents and purposes it will be, history and all.

Ah but will Ticketus be happy with the stadium going for a song? Both had the power to scupper the CVA, both will also have the power to contest any sale of assets that isnt in their interests. Unlike HMRC though Ticketus have shareholders to answer to and with that will be a lot more vigorous in their actions to recoup their cash.

Ah but they will though...there will be some wringing of hands from high profile huns about...in best Weegie accent..."It's a sin so it is"...Reality is the cu*ts will most likley come out of this in better shape than they went in...

It's down to the SPL Chairmen to ensure the above does not happen...they have the power...will they use it?

high profile huns??? have they all been in hiding lately? why haven't they tried to save their beloved huns?

HMRC will not stand back and allow Green to just acquire the assets and go on as normal.

The only thing that has come out of Doncasters gob through all this that I agree with was when he said a newco Rangers cant have it both ways. He went on about the company being separate from the football club and then said that any newco expecting to come into the SPL would have to do so knowing that they will face any sanctions that would've been placed on the oldco.

So Rangers have 2 choices if the sale of Ibrox goes through and there is a new Rangers then they will either have to drop into D3 or get into the SPL and face all the sanctions and charges the oldco would face for the dual contracts etc.

----------------------------------------

The more I think about this the more I cant see a Rangers playing football at all next season.

They still have to face the appeal tribunals new decision which can only really be suspension of their SPL licence.

They still have to face the dual contract investigation and conclusion, the HMRC decision should finalise any doubts the SPL had.

They face total uncertainty when it comes to who will buy Ibrox and Murray park. I cant see any way the sale to Green can be legal or legit during a liquidation. If it was every company would do this, fold, reborn, debt free, free money.

12-06-12 the day that Rangers died.

I thought I already wrote this in this thread 20 minutes ago but appears not.

Now that we know that Rangers will cease to exist in its current form, they are no longer going to be an SPL team next year. There now needs to be a new 12th team. The deadline for that should surely be fixture list day, which is next Monday (IIRC?). I can see no way that Rangers Newco can jump through all the hoops to even be ready for an application by then, without even taking in to account the undoubted wrangling there is going to be over Green's deal to take the assets over to the newco.

• Site Sponsor

Looks like HMRC are happy for the sale to Green to proceed. They just want the business liquidated so they can go after Murray and all the former directors! Basically, the story has split into two now: Rangers Newco versus the SFL/SFA/etc and Old Rangers Board versus HMRC.

Not up to them.

Liquidator must do best for the creditors.

No it won't.

They are dead. Frankenstein's monster may come alive but it's not Rangers.

For all of those of you who are letting your emotions and years of attempted brainwashing from the Weegie-centric-hun-luvin-media taint your judgement regarding Whyte's supposed £5.5 million grab of the assetts, I have another scenario which not one person has pointed to yet....

...The scenario is basically that; The Liquidators (looking like DBO) may reject Whyte's bid of £5.5 million, but this does not mean that they have to have an alternative bid ready to accept. There is nothing to suggest that HMRC and their representatives (DBO) could not simply play a waiting game for the sale of the assetts. There would be no time scale (no deadlines), they would simply retain ownership of the assetts (Ibrox & Murray Park) until such a time as an acceptable bid from someone was presented to them. This could take months... years even.

Why would they panic a sale at a pittiful return, when there may be milage in waiting until market conditions favour a sale.

Just my thoughts on this.

The only thing that has come out of Doncasters gob through all this that I agree with was when he said a newco Rangers cant have it both ways. He went on about the company being separate from the football club and then said that any newco expecting to come into the SPL would have to do so knowing that they will face any sanctions that would've been placed on the oldco.

So Rangers have 2 choices if the sale of Ibrox goes through and there is a new Rangers then they will either have to drop into D3 or get into the SPL and face all the sanctions and charges the oldco would face for the dual contracts etc.

----------------------------------------

The more I think about this the more I cant see a Rangers playing football at all next season.

They still have to face the appeal tribunals new decision which can only really be suspension of their SPL licence.

They still have to face the dual contract investigation and conclusion, the HMRC decision should finalise any doubts the SPL had.

They face total uncertainty when it comes to who will buy Ibrox and Murray park. I cant see any way the sale to Green can be legal or legit during a liquidation. If it was every company would do this, fold, reborn, debt free, free money.

12-06-12 the day that Rangers died.

A month early, but hey ho

Rangers FC Honours:

Domestic

League

Scottish League Championship:

Winners (0):

Runners-up (0):

Cups

Scottish Cup:

Winners (0):

Runners-up (0):