Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

therein's your problem. Progress in what sense? Are you telling me Ronaldo vs Messi the other night wasn't the stuff that marketing men's wet dreams are made of.

If the CL officials watch what they are doing, and keep a close eye on their chosen participants (whether financial, racial etc etc) they will tie up football in exactly that product spec for many years to come. To return to the thread title, one team in Scotland are now in very real danger of missing the bandwagon.

Shame.

erm no thats not what I meant at all.

Messi and Ronaldo wouldn't disappear if teams like Man City and Real were to come crumbling down in a hun like fashion.

I can't see that happening though for the reasons you state above, UEFA have their super league and it makes them a fortune.

Of course he could play the "if you don't support me we're bust, at best marooned in the 3rd div but if you do I'll throw in Ibrox as a going away present." With timing he could do it with the SPL enquiry verdict as a back drop.

Ridiculous as that sounds it would actually draw in more investment (note not revenue!) certainly more than an IPO in a floundering going concern.

Can't decide which would be funnier!

• Admin

Yes, I'm convinced we are looking at an imminent second administration for this new, identically disgusting organisation.

Happy days.

Hopefully.

The last rangers in admin homepage i made was done 5-6 months in advance. I should probably get started on the next one in preparation.

• Upvote 2

Very lazy, its quite hard to get financial data on Rangers at the moment. However remember Craig Whyte ?

As it stands at the moment Rangers has operating costs of approximately £45m a year and revenues of around £35m. This was a SPL statement. Now according to Charlie Green, the wage bill was been reduced to £6m from £30m, fair play.

But a child will see that leaves you with further operating, and quite possibly fixed costs of around £15m....total operating costs £21m. Now there is now way in hell that they are getting revenues of £35m

36k season tickets paying ( lets say £250) = £9m....... not much else in terms of revenue streams substantial to plug the gap............ I am being too simple

1) They'll be lucky to get the share issue fully subscribed going by the share issues of the previous Ibrox club. The most recent one had a take up of around 10%

2) Dangerous place to be if they actually sell a massive whack of the club to individual small investors who have no dough behind them to follow it up, if the sugar daddy times are over, Rangers/The Rangers are over.

Gets worse though VDA. What if Pritchard's "...needs someone to throw away millions..." (It was something like that anyway) wasn't referring to a someone, but rather a body of people, lets just call them a fan base.

That is still OK (assuming Green can convince enough of them to do it) but the figures he referred to, and that barrassie made a rough stab at above referred to an ongoing loss.

His quote should actually have said "...needs someone to throw away millions, and to keep doing it consistently..."

They need European football badly. They do not need the Ochilviews of this world.

Listening to radio scotland this morning and I heard they are going to go on the alternative investment market to gain working capital.

other than fans, would this not put off potential investors?

The purpose of the flotation is to fund the playing squad and raise working capital.

This is a 3rd Division squad that currently costs as much in wages alone as the club currently sitting in 3rd place of the SPL raises in revenue on an annual basis. And a squad that cannot be added to for a further 12 months due to a transfer embargo.

So, unless they're planning sitting on the cash for a year before spending big in the 2nd Division, most of this will go towards working capital. If not, why would an investor (most of the flotation is being kept away from "normal" - I use the word in the loosest possible sense- fans) look to get a return from a business that intends to spunk away millions of pounds to get out of a division they could easily get out of for a fraction of their current costs?

Clearly, this flotation is all about working capital. This means that, as we all suspected, they are losing money hand over fist despite the reduced wage bill. Green's plan is obvious for all to see - and I can't imagine why anyone would invest.

If this flotation fails - like Murray's did before under much more favourable circumstances - they are doomed.

Again.

The purpose of the flotation is to fund the playing squad and raise working capital.

This is a 3rd Division squad that currently costs as much in wages alone as the club currently sitting in 3rd place of the SPL raises in revenue on an annual basis. And a squad that cannot be added to for a further 12 months due to a transfer embargo.

So, unless they're planning sitting on the cash for a year before spending big in the 2nd Division, most of this will go towards working capital. If not, why would an investor (most of the flotation is being kept away from "normal" - I use the word in the loosest possible sense- fans) look to get a return from a business that intends to spunk away millions of pounds to get out of a division they could easily get out of for a fraction of their current costs?

Clearly, this flotation is all about working capital. This means that, as we all suspected, they are losing money hand over fist despite the reduced wage bill. Green's plan is obvious for all to see - and I can't imagine why anyone would invest.

If this flotation fails - like Murray's did before under much more favourable circumstances - they are doomed.

Again.

Yup. Signed up a ton of players as quickly as they could assuming the money would follow, yet that tactic only proves that they're being poorly run. :suicide::thumbup1: