Boycott Football?

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Rangers Stay in the Premier League, or have to Start again in Division 3 if they are liquidated?

• Start Again in Divisoin 3, I dont care about TV money
    • Stay in Premier League, I dont want it to affect Aberdeens Income
  2. 2. If the SPL let Rangers 2 back into football, would you Boycott Scottish Football?

• Yes - Becasue whats the point if teams get preferential treatment?
    • No - what good would it do?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can get that done, i'm happy to host it FOC and provide the domain name. Am sure there will be plenty of offers!

If we actually could put something together that was professional and had reasoned argument and focus then I think it could really make a difference.

We need all reasonable, fair minded, intelligent fans to pull together with one voice. Even OF fans if they are so minded to put Scottish Football before their own clubs.

Until the media and the authorities realise their is a sizeable body of fans in Scotland who don't support the OF slanted set up they will continue to assume we are an irrelevance and keep all the focus on catering to the OF.

Nice One!!!!

Does anyone know any fans of different SPL clubs that would agree to this and would help give it credibility and spread the word?

Could start with trying Pie and Bovril for general support.

But firstly a really clear agenda needs to be nailed down. Not some reactionary or childish nonsense the likes of which we have seen dozens of times.

An alternative plan would need to be put together and business case made to show how the financials compare.

Then make it clear just what it means if this can't be achieve ie signatures of the thousands who promise to walk away from Scottish Football forever if we don't implement it.

Oh and if/when the figures show less money overall because we lose the TV deal thats absolutely fine. As long as all clubs have less and its more equally spread out we don't need huge amounts of cash. TV cash as the argument for structuring the league and rules is a red herring - its about the gap between the rich and poor not the total income of the league.

Surely boycotting AFC would do more harm than good though? The club relies on the money from the supporters to exist, all we are doing is biting off our nose to spite our own face. We'd be faced with one of three situations:

1) Rangers 2 FC begin in 3rd division. Best scenario

2) Rangers 2 FC start in the SPL and we boycott the club, Aberdeen go further in debt and we end up in Administration ourselves. Worst Scenario.

3) Rangers 2 FC start in the SPL and the fans rally behind the club and we fight to regain control. meh.

4) Rangers FC stay where they are but have to sell stadium, all their players and they are fucked regardless. another good scenario IF clubs take advantage.

Doesn't matter at that point. Precident would be set, we can go out, buy Messi, Ronaldo and tempt Zidane out of retirement, piss away millions we don't have and be allowed back in - in fact, if the huns are allowed back in if they liquidate, every SPL team in debt should do exactly the same, whats good for the geese etc.

I'm swithering as to whether to continue giving cash to AFC as it is. Granted it's not a lot.. maybe 2-300 quid a year in tickets, merchandise and RedTV, but still, it's more a principle thing than any notion that the club gives the first fuck about my money... their refusal to allow me to pay for RedTV this year being a good example.

Here's the thing.

Aberdeen voluntarily signed a TV agreement that loads the dice so that two clubs, and we know which two, can't be allowed to finish outside the top 6. How is this in any way at all in the spirit of 'Sport'? Our club is party to what amounts to blatant corruption... because if the TV deal is contingent upon a certain outcome then it stands to reason that, should one of those two clubs look like dropping out of the top 6, certain ... measures would have to be taken in order to meet the terms of the contract.

Does that mean that clubs will basically have to throw matches in order to allow Celtic or Rangers to remain in the 'Top 6'?

Anyway, our club agreed to elevate two teams above themselves and all others in order to get this TV deal that seeks to maintain two clubs as the dominant force.... and agreed to an inequitable share of the cash into the bargain. Could Stewart Milne BE any more of a bitch to the OF?

Well, yeah, he could. He could use Aberdeen's vote to allow Rangers Football Club to remain in the SPL, even after being caught red-handed in tax evasion off the park and cheating on it.

And if he does, or if there's a secret vote, then I'll be giving my 200-300 quid and putting it towards some other club.. insignificant a protest as that might be.

To my mind a secret vote would be even worse than Aberdeen openly voting to retain the Huns... because an open vote would at least show the club had the courage of its conviction. A secret vote would merely reinforce my opinion of Aberdeen Football Club as a gutless institution with all the moral fiber of a weasel.

The SPL needs neither Rangers nor Celtic. The notion that their travelling support or ambiguously legal TV deals are necessary to the survival of Scottish Football is a blatant, outrageous lie, swallowed only by willing idiots and outright fucking morons.

I'll say that again, just in case my point is somehow less than clear...

The notion that their travelling support or ambiguously legal TV deals are necessary to the survival of Scottish Football is a blatant, outrageous lie, swallowed only by willing idiots and outright fucking morons.

Try reading this Dempi>>>> My link

Hey Scotty, great article.

The only worry I have is after the joy/excitement of Rangers going into administration all noises from every source and most of the people I have discussed this is that they will not get punished to the extent they should.

I would love to see us and the rest of the league cast them to the bottom if it came to a vote, however, based on the balls (or lack of) every board in the SPL has shown in standing up to the OF I can't see any other outcome than them getting off effectively scot-free.

And as your post states there are benefits of a more competitive league which could in turn reward all teams with more revenue, I see the current finances of the club being finely balanced and any loss in guaranteed income could affect the club irreparably, we are all still suffering from the 90 overspend (

I love what's happening to the Huns, and think it's right that we all celebrate their problems. Whatever happens there won't stop me following the dons. The future of rangers wont affect me supporting my team, why would it? If the SPL let them back in, if it comes to that, I won't be happy, but it won't stop me following aberdeen. I can't quite understand why it would affect anyone following their team if they are a true supporter. Thick and thin, I'll be there. But thats my opinion, and maybe I'm the daft one. I only care about AFC when it come to football. Everyone pays their money and is entitled to their own choice. But please don't let whatever happens to those dirty cheating bastards affect the future of our club. Stand Free.

Anyone who thinks that the scum would not be re-admitted to the SPL is fucking deluded and quite possibly brainless.

Even if the scum are liquidated, which is still an if, then they would be immediately allowed back in.

Incidentally, it is fuck all to do with an 11-1 from the clubs, or anything like it.

It is a 5 man committee that decides their fate.

And they will, without a shadow of a doubt, re-admit them if it comes to that.

FFS, the dreamers on here who think the huns will disappear are totally fucking mad, deluded, deranged...take your pick.

At worst, they will reform as another morphed version of the scum they are just now with the same scum support etc... :sleeping:

Anyone who thinks that the scum would not be re-admitted to the SPL is fucking deluded and quite possibly brainless.

Even if the scum are liquidated, which is still an if, then they would be immediately allowed back in.

Incidentally, it is fuck all to do with an 11-1 from the clubs, or anything like it.

FFS, the dreamers on here who think the huns will disappear are totally fucking mad, deluded, deranged...take your pick.

At worst, they will reform as another morphed version of the scum they are just now with the same scum support etc... :sleeping:

I think we're all aware of the Old Boys Club that is Scottish football.

But they're enabled by the gutlessness of the other 10 SPL clubs, without a shadow of a doubt.

This is, quite simply horseshit, more media propaganda.

The SPL rules state quite explicity that if a club ceases to exist then relegation is cancelled for the season in question. Huns die, bottom team stays up. Its rule H5. Look it up.

On top of that, the SPL cannot change the rules without a vote of the clubs. For a change to the relevant section of the rules you'd need an 8/4 majority. There is no way around this, its in the Articles of Association of the company, which are legally binding. Any rule change being applied just as the rule was required to take effect would no doubt face heavy legal challenges anyway.

The only way a 5 man board gets to decide on a club entering the league is if the promotion candidate from the SFL doesn't meet criteria, or if the league is expanded. That 5 man board includes Peter Lawell and Stephen Thomson - neither of which are particularly hun friendly. Thomson might quite like the idea of 3 Dundee derbies instead of a visit of Rangers.

I don't doubt they'll be back at some point, but it won't be immediately - and theres a chance to change things for the better in the time they're away.

Or we could just bend over and take it like we have up until now...

This is, quite simply horseshit, more media propaganda.

The SPL rules state quite explicity that if a club ceases to exist then relegation is cancelled for the season in question. Huns die, bottom team stays up. Its rule H5. Look it up.

On top of that, the SPL cannot change the rules without a vote of the clubs. For a change to the relevant section of the rules you'd need an 8/4 majority. There is no way around this, its in the Articles of Association of the company, which are legally binding. Any rule change being applied just as the rule was required to take effect would no doubt face heavy legal challenges anyway.

The only way a 5 man board gets to decide on a club entering the league is if the promotion candidate from the SFL doesn't meet criteria, or if the league is expanded. That 5 man board includes Peter Lawell and Stephen Thomson - neither of which are particularly hun friendly. Thomson might quite like the idea of 3 Dundee derbies instead of a visit of Rangers.

I don't doubt they'll be back at some point, but it won't be immediately - and theres a chance to change things for the better in the time they're away.

Or we could just bend over and take it like we have up until now...

Where to start with that...

lets just leave it at you are completely wrong

Well I suppose we are getting ahead of ourselves here as Rangers haven't been liquidated yet.

But interested to see why you are saying its up to the SPL board? Do you know this for a fact? You don't think they would need to put it to a vote to rip of the constitution of the league and allow entry of a new club?

(its the 5 man board of the SPL I assume you are referring to - not a committee. For ref this is currently (6 people! lol) :Ralph Topping (SPL Chairman), Neil Doncaster (SPL Chief Executive), Eric Riley (Celtic FC), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC), Derek Weir (Motherwell FC) and Steven Brown (St Johnstone FC)

So I'm seeing that and thinking there might be one or two at least who would vote against the immediate re-entry but hard to say.

Besides all of which Uefa may intervene if the SPL try to do that.

There can be no concession. This is pivotal to the future of the game in this country.

They get straight back in = I'm out, for good.

I hope the board of directors at Aberdeen FC understand this.

Again, the thinking is wrong headed. Look at it clearly, objectively.

We lose TV money do we? We devalue the league do we?

Well I would suggest we glean much more from ticket sales than we do from television contracts.

Having no supporters in the home end, apart from sheepiekev, will of course hurt Aberdeen FC much, much more than not having a ludicrously slanted telly deal which caters for Irish subscribers.

Get a grip of your brain and start thinking for yourselves is my message to the football community in Scotland.

Ignore the absolute drivel which is being rained down on us from media outlets.

If Rangers get back in it will finish Scottish football as a going concern.

Well I suppose we are getting ahead of ourselves here as Rangers haven't been liquidated yet.

But interested to see why you are saying its up to the SPL board? Do you know this for a fact? You don't think they would need to put it to a vote to rip of the constitution of the league and allow entry of a new club?

(its the 5 man board of the SPL I assume you are referring to - not a committee. For ref this is currently (6 people! lol) :Ralph Topping (SPL Chairman), Neil Doncaster (SPL Chief Executive), Eric Riley (Celtic FC), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC), Derek Weir (Motherwell FC) and Steven Brown (St Johnstone FC)

So I'm seeing that and thinking there might be one or two at least who would vote against the immediate re-entry but hard to say.

Besides all of which Uefa may intervene if the SPL try to do that.

Hes full of it. The SPL is a business in its own right, with its own rules and articles. The board can't just decide to change these without the say of the shareholders (the clubs).

If he could pull Traynor and Keevins out of his arse for 5 seconds it might open his eyes. I doubt it.

:hysterical:

Richard Gordon just mentioned the fact that fans of other clubs may boycott football if newco RFC are allowed back into the SPL immediately. Good to hear.

you saw the irony in my comment then Harcus! Thank God

As for Richard Gordon's comment, I'm not sure in the cold light of day fans would boycott their own team because of the scum and their crimes.