F1 2012

tainboy

Went to the Spanish Grand Prix in 2010 and it was great, brilliant atmosphere and weather.

As for 2012 season, I think we it will only see who's who came March and I'd love for McLaren to be on the pace straight off, although they have the only car that doesn't have that funny step in the nose, so it could be a big winner or a massive mistake?

Going by the comments coming out of the testing, everyone thinks Red Bull will still be the ones to beat and Ferrari might struggle??

I'm not sure. All that I know is that the BBC coverage has been pretty damn good over the last few years, and I won't be able to watch it on Sky Sports. 7

Cunts. :ThumbsDown:

At least the BBC still gets bowls and shit that no-one cares about...

Pretty sure BBC went to Sky as they couldnt afford to show every race.

anyone ever been to a race?

Haven't masel but looking into Spa or Monza this year.

Been to a few - best probably the Osterreichring many years ago - saw three starts (including Brundle flying through the air) - hot as hell - out in the open but good atmosphere if you can put up with the tifosi and their bull horns.

Position is everything in watching the race - had pit straight seats at Silverstone a few years back when it was wet - stunning race and again wonderful atmosphere - many, many moons ago went to watch race at Monaco (Dr Jonathon Palmer who drove for tyrrell gave a talk about the race after qualifying) - hard (read horribly expensive) to get anywhere with a view (I was stuck on the side of a hill with a poor view (bnut I suspect as good as anywhere)- better viewing at home but again atmosphere among fans great. Not been to Spa or Monza but both supposed to be good.

• 2 weeks later...

F1 broadcasts are the same wherever you watch them, its FIA who own the rights then sell them on to the broadcast companies, and the home GPs tv companies that decide camera angles etc, hence in Spain Alonso and Algeshuari get more attention. Only annoyance is adverts, which sky won't have.

Sky didn't nick the broadcast rights. BBC had to sell them as it was costing too much. Reckon SKY will be fine but will probably revert back for the BBC ones.

Enjoyed the race - Button did well, despite not really showing in qualifying Red Bull will have come away happier after Sunday than Saturday but I am surprised they are so off the pace comparitively as they must have spent most of last season designing this seasons car. Mercedes given a bit of luck look competitive as do Lotus (Renault) - was impressed with williams and disappointed with Di Resta/Force India though his wee jink at the end to claim the last point was class.