Classic Computer Games

E-P-K

here comes the classic question...think you can still get these?

id get a C64 again, if only to play a few of these games already mentioned!

I've got loads of SNES and Megadrive games on my computer at work run through gen+.

I'm sure you could pick up some actual real life ones in Cash Converters or somewhere similar.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of these games you'd play again and realise that they haven't aged very well. It's like going back and watching some cartoons from your youth, they end up just being shit and ruining the nostalgia!

That's it even now I realise that out of the hundreds of games I had back then a fair percentage of them were a pile of shite. I think leaving it in the past is probably the best idea when it comes to the Spectrum/C64 games I still enjoy playing SNES, Megadrive and N64 games though.

A lot of these games you'd play again and realise that they haven't aged very well. It's like going back and watching some cartoons from your youth, they end up just being shit and ruining the nostalgia!

You're not wrong, I remember spending hours playing Ghostbusters on the C64 and loving it.

But how shit does it look now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmvuH2QpXvc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

hahahahaha

all that did was get me to laugh excitedly, sing the ghostbuster tune and CONVINCE me i was getting this set up again

for some reason, the bit at the start with the car got me in the nostalgia portion of my heart more than anything else

That was the best bit of the game! Getting the gear for the car. The rest of it was shit.

some of the games I played most in my youth

Spectrum

dizzy, booty, transformers, horrace goes skiing

megadrive

sonic and knuckles, brutal sports football, micro machines,

Amiga

lotus turbo esprit II, jaguar xj220, shadow of the beast 2, james pond robocod, super frog, skid marks, chaos engine, alien breed, speedball 2 brutal deluxe, sensible soccer, gods, nitro, stunt car driver, swiv, silkworm, project x, jimmy whites whirlwind snooker,

ps1

gran turismo 1 & 2, tekken 2, resident evil 1 & 2

some of the games I played most in my youth

Spectrum

dizzy, booty, transformers, horrace goes skiing

megadrive

sonic and knuckles, brutal sports football, micro machines,

Amiga

lotus turbo esprit II, jaguar xj220, shadow of the beast 2, james pond robocod, super frog, skid marks, chaos engine, alien breed, speedball 2 brutal deluxe, sensible soccer, gods, nitro, stunt car driver, swiv, silkworm, project x, jimmy whites whirlwind snooker,

ps1

gran turismo 1 & 2, tekken 2, resident evil 1 & 2

still got the first three machines at home. Never has ps1 but got ps2

Trying to remember all the games consoles I have owned in the past.

My Grandad gave me a console in the early 80's that played 'Pong' and also had a gun which you could attach to shoot things on the screen. At the time I thought it was the most amazing machine I'd ever owned.

ZX81 (16 bit!) - not strictly a console but mainly used for gaming. Also used occasionally to get my name scrolling infinitely across the screen (early introduction to computer programming :laughing: )

Never had a Spectrum, although I recall a mis-spent youth at my mate's house, waiting for ages for games to load.

Then usual:

Mega Drive

Nintendo 64

Super Nintendo

PS1

PS2

Xbox

PS3 - the only one I've still got now.

Also owned countless hand-held games like Firefox, Donkey Kong, Mario Brothers, Game Boy (and Game Boy Colour then Game Boy Advance) and a PSP.

Ha ha classic what games does it have? I still have my original mega drive somewhere I still enjoy a blast at sonic.

Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Drift, Sonic Chaos, Super Columns, Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine, Alex Kidd In Miracle World, Columns, Sonic Spinball, Aztec Adventure, Dragon Crystal Fantasy Zone, Fantasy Zone 2, Gain Ground, Kung Fu Kid, Golden Axe, Global Defense, The Ninja, Quartet, Ristar and Penguin Land.

Worth the money just for Golden Axe haha

• 2 weeks later...

The classic arcade bit on xbox live has some brilliant games on it. Like the old mortal kombat's, bomberman, doom, duke nukem

Doom!

Classic. Was addicted to that for a few years, killed quite a few thousand hours of my life with that game.

Worth it though. :thumbs:

Also, I remember being able to get Duke Nukem on my PC at work. Oh bliss!