• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something has happened with Jason Brown...other than his dads health problems...would be my guess

Again, just what I heard......Brown has been offered a two year deal (a one year extension if you like) he wants a three year deal (a two year extension) for the same cash hes on just now.

AFAIK, Jay wants to stay, the length of contract is about not wanting to uproot his kid from primary seven

Again, just what I heard......Brown has been offered a two year deal (a one year extension if you like) he wants a three year deal (a two year extension) for the same cash hes on just now.

AFAIK, Jay wants to stay, the length of contract is about not wanting to uproot his kid from primary seven

Makes sense...I'm not Brown's biggest fan but he's certainly better...ability and certainly attitude than Clangers...lets hope the powers that be aren't trying to hard ball Broon but buckle to Clangers...that would be just plain daft...but lets face it they have form for being daft cu*ts

what an absolute farce this is. good luck selling any tickets next season aberdeen f.c.

this is the laziest, most unimaginative signing i think i've ever seen from them. just when i think they cannot get any worse, they pull a stunt like this by giving a guy who was pretty terrible before his brain condition a new 2 year deal. absolutely horrendous bit of business and no lessons learned from chris clark.

I agree with Coopy, Brown proved in the semi-final that he is nowhere near the solid, dependable goalkeeper we crave and he and Langfield are much about such.

If Langfield's wages are less, keep him instead.

Even the merest mention of the words 'semi' and 'final' together in the same sentence, would have Clangers filling his pants.

I don't think Brown is particularly great, but he's a good bit better than Clangers. Langfield will cost us more points over the course of a season and we can't play him against Dundee United!

I remember, years ago, attending a Scottish cup between Hearts and Partick Thistle, with a pal of mine. The reason that particular match sticks in my memory was the performance of Partick Thistles young goalkeeper. 'Inept' and 'car crash' were words we used to describe his performance that day - the boy looked and played like he'd shat himself. I couldn't believe this guy was a full time professional keeper.

Some years later, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that the same keeper had been picked up by Aberdeen. He'd improved since the last time I saw him... but not by much.

You obviously missed the league cup semi final at Tynecastle a couple of years ago.

I still have nightmares about that match.

I was there, in fact I was at 4 semi-finals in a row where we shipped four goals.

On the other side of the coin, if Langfield played against Queen of the South, we would have been in the final.

Soutar was absolutely shocking that day.

I was there, in fact I was at 4 semi-finals in a row where we shipped four goals.

I've never seen a player look so scared on a football pitch. You could see the look of sheer terror in Langfields eyes.

A good friend of mine, who supports Dundee United, told me he'd actually started to feel sorry for Langfield by the end of the match.

• Site Sponsor

What Brown does should have nothing to do with re-signing that clown

• Site Sponsor

or that he loves the club?

im delighted with the news

also delighted that the club aernt giving into ridiculous fans

fans who chase any talented players out the club

fans who chase our best manager in years out the club

im glad

theyve caved to you lot of hairy back marys before - glad theyre not now

It's Langfield we are talking about; wrong spy

• Site Sponsor

On the other side of the coin, if Langfield played against Queen of the South, we would have been in the final.

Soutar was absolutely shocking that day.

There is absolutely nothing that Langfield has done in a semi final to back up your statement. He'd probably have shipped five.

Not by any great stretch, they're both ropey.

So one would assume keep one...the one who's under contract Broon...bin the one who's out of contract Langfield...and identify a younger keeper who is hungry to prove himself...Brown (old) is a fu*king lazy old bastard who is doing the easy thing time and time again...GWT has never been so apt after this latest show of sloth

So one would assume keep one...the one who's under contract Broon...bin the one who's out of contract Langfield...and identify a younger keeper who is hungry to prove himself...Brown (old) is a fu*king lazy old bastard who is doing the easy thing time and time again...GWT has never been so apt after this latest show of sloth

It's not that simple, I reckon Langfield has accepted a greatly reduced deal, whereas Brown is a high earner.

You could try putting a positive spin on this.

He's been given a 2 year deal because he's a highly valued 'keeper that we can now sell in next January's transfer window. :crossfingers:

Nice try AK...could also read...A highly brain damaged drainer who will hang around AFC like a bad smell for another 24 months...which is probably the reality

Mute point in that case, so surely we should've been looking for someone better than settling for Langfield?

Allow me.

Its Moot point.

I feel petty in pointing this out but its a commonly made mistake.

However, its not as common as the string of mistakes that Langfield is guilty of. He is a dreadful goalkeeper.

A very poor piece of business. The club is rotten from the top down and this was a chance to clear the decks and get rid of another of these charlatains, sadly the opportunity has been overlooked.