Where Are They Now

Sone Aluko... Aberdeen's erstwhile, sulky, petted lip, shitbag on the left wing, left Aberdeen to be closer to home in Birmingham, and promptly went to the Huns. Easily the least interested player at a time when we had Kerr, McDonald, Mair, Maguire and Duff all trying their best to be the one who did the least amount of work for the most amount of money. 

Was a Nigerian fringe international when he scurried off for the Weegie pound, and certainly a promising player when he wasn't sulking like the sulky shitbag he was at Pittodrie. 

So how's the little tyke getting on? 

Currently circling the relegation zone with Reading in the Championship... so he's a bit closer to home now, I suppose. 

Has played 7 games for Nigeria, the last one being 4 years ago... so at 29 he's likely not going to fulfill that early International promise. 

But how's he doing domestically? Has he ingratiated himself with the Reading fans in a way he never could with the Pittodrie faithful?

Let's see what the Reading fans have to say on their site. 

"Aluko is a fucking idiot." says Pepe the Horseman

"Aluko? A-fucking-luko? Fuck off!" exclaims Snowflake Royal. 

Hound is of the mind that, "Aluko is an atrocity of a player."

John Madejeski's Wallet believes, "Aluko [is a] twat."

While Jagermesiter1871, who appears to have been posting from the game, says, "Aluko playing. I'm off home."

Our old friend Hound later ponders, " I've seen plenty of shit players, but none who can bring down the mood so dramatically as Aluko."

And NewCorkSeth insists he would, "Chop off my left nut to ensure Aluko never plays again.

It seems the lad is doing as sterling a job of endearing himself to the Reading faithful as he did the Aberdeen. 

And he appears to have grown a tiny beard of sorts. 

Lovely stuff. 

Aluko strikes a typical All-Action pose. 

JS130163674.jpg

• Upvote 3

Some people on this board were calling for us to sign him

I'll let @@Henry do the roll of shame

Just the two I can find pal.

We are after 6 players all of a certain calibre according to the papers. Maloney and Boyce were on that list but w've missed out on them. So May, GMS, Stewart and Adam remain. Hopefully Hemmings is one of them. Lets see what happens. 

It's certainly one that we have to have faith in McInnes to get right as at something like £350k you'd have to think we could have maybe cast the net a bit wider - Kane Hemmings for example.

we had Kerr, McDonald, Mair, Maguire and Duff all trying their best to be the one who did the least amount of work for the most amount of money. 

Not sure about that.  We had a well-balanced shite squad in those days, evenly split between lazy wage thieves like Aluko, Kerr and McDonald, and cheap, useless triers like Derek Young and Darren Mackie. I'd class Stuart Duff (and maybe Mair) in the second group.

NORTHAMPTON v BURY (7.45pm)

In a matter of weeks we’ve gone from looking down the barrel of a genuinely potential drop out of the Football League to a foot in the early season play-off places – a fickle beast is this football!

Something's begun to gel at Gigg and the results and run of form spell out more than just a fluke set of data; we’ve hit 2-0-2-4-1-3-2-2 team goals in the last successive 8 matches with an impressive 2-1-2-2 team goals on the road during the same spell.

New signing and former top-flight player Nicky Maynard has completed his move and can only bolster the attacking line-up as we take on a Northampton outfit who have been hit with 4, 0, 2 and 3 goals in their own last 4 by Mansfield, Notts County, Port Vale and Cheltenham respectively…noticeably all teams who are in pretty poor positions themselves.

Also worth noting is the H2H profile; of the 9 most recent match-ups stretching back over a 7 season spell, Bury have only failed to score once with an uncharacteristically good record of 3-0-3-2-2-3-3-1-4 team goals against The Cobblers who have sacked gaffer Dean Austin just hours ago.

Never pays to be too confident when backing your own team – especially if you happen to be a Bury fan – but I reckon it’ll be black puddings all round for this one.

Recommended bets

FInal score - 0-0 

Finished 0-0, Maynard started. Was hooked after 75 minutes although considering that's his first senior start in forever, that might have as much to do with his fitness as much as his status as whatever the opposite of a striker is. Also might have something to do with Ash Taylor trying to stop him doing goals.