Where Are They Now

2 hours ago, Fridge said:

I went to the Sky Sports presenters thing a few weeks ago at the Music Hall and he said as much. Totally honest he didn’t want to come here but when he did he gave his all so fair play to him for that.

The deal was instigated by the board not Porterfield,  Nicholas said that it was Dick Donald who sold the move to him, 

I don't care if he went through the motions, those motions were more than good enough, that 6 yrs 87 -93 are the best attacking play I've seen in my time

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

The deal was instigated by the board not Porterfield,  Nicholas said that it was Dick Donald who sold the move to him, 

I don't care if he went through the motions, those motions were more than good enough, that 6 yrs 87 -93 are the best attacking play I've seen in my time

Correct fuck me Nicholas and Hans, Mason, young Jess and Booth. And against Sevco buying half the England team which they couldn’t afford.

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Well he certainly chose the wrong club when he left Celtic. Had the chance to join Liverpool who were still at that time hoovering up domestic and European trophies and could have learnt from Dalglish who was by then in the latter part of his playing career. Arsenal were decent in the cup competitions but were also rans in the league at that time. Nicholas just wanted the party lifestyle in the bright lights of London. 

He wouldn't have got much game time with Liverpool. His winning goal in the Simmie game paid for his wages many times over. One of the best bounces, if not the best, I've ever been at.

On 12/7/2022 at 10:07 PM, Ten Caat said:

I can see him managing us at some point. Honestly don't see him seeing out a 5.5 year contract with Norn Irn. However with Hibs managers averaging less than 14 months in post over the past 20 years or so, I think they'll want to give him a try too.

Can’t imagine any scenario where he’d end up with our job.

On 12/10/2022 at 7:12 AM, ericblack4boss said:

I agree but I don't think he was fully fit, a fit o Neill, at his best had a magical left foot.

That's my recollection too ....that he was hardly ever properly available. And when he was , he made no significant contribution.  An earlier version of Dylan McGeouch. 

On 12/11/2022 at 9:19 AM, Ten Caat said:

Hope it leads to him getting a contract offer 

I've never understood the animosity some on here showed him. 

It's unfortunately standard for us. In the first six months/year a young player comes through we get excited and treat them like a million pound signing. Then after that we treat them like a million pound signing who's playing like a youth player.