Where Are They Now

22 hours ago, Millertime said:

Only getting 1m for him seems bonkers?

22 hours ago, minijc said:

I'm torn, can see why some would think that, can see why others would think it was a great bit of business, just a shame we've failed to replace him and the midfield is a mess right now.

But but but Barry said we'd replace him easily.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 8:52 PM, Helmet said:

McKenna playing again tonight.

Didnt someone on here suggest there’s another add on when he plays 100 games for Forrest?

There’s no end to the list of suggestions for add one from McKennas transfer to Forrest. 

after 100 games

after 25 caps

after promotion

after staying up

after going for a Gregg’s steak bake

current fee for him is 200 million and counting. 

how much did we make for him again? And how much for cosgrove, hedges, Ferguson, Ramsay, ramadani? Enough to have a team that doesn’t sign absolutely shit players?

On 9/4/2023 at 8:03 PM, minijc said:

I'm torn, can see why some would think that, can see why others would think it was a great bit of business, just a shame we've failed to replace him and the midfield is a mess right now.

I’m squarely in the camp of, it was fucking bonkers to sell him. 
crazy decision, shite fee, no replacement, good player last season, did all of shinnie’s running for him at the end of last season and we’ve won 1 game all season…

fair enough if they’d offer 5m and we had a nailed on like for like replacement. But none of that happened. Wasn’t as if we were going into money spinning European games etc.

terrible decision…

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

I’m squarely in the camp of, it was fucking bonkers to sell him. 
crazy decision, shite fee, no replacement, good player last season, did all of shinnie’s running for him at the end of last season and we’ve won 1 game all season…

fair enough if they’d offer 5m and we had a nailed on like for like replacement. But none of that happened. Wasn’t as if we were going into money spinning European games etc.

terrible decision…

I tend to agree.We had 2 defensive mudfielders last year now we have one and with Euro cash and all the extra games and an older Shinnie.Maybe there was an agreed fee in his contract.I can understand it was good for his career but at the moment not so good for the careers of other Aberdeen players and the management team or indeed Afc supporters.

4 hours ago, Weir on the wing said:

Why? Because we wouldn’t stump up the transfer fee for him?

He was ready to sign for us. We let him down by not meeting the valuation.

What do you thing he’s worth now? He was their best player last night.

I also thought he was Celtic's best player. He seemed to want to come to us too, just stymied by the clubs not agreeing a fee. I like him, and wish him well personally.

But he's currently playing for Celtic, and I want them to lose pretty much every game they play.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

I also thought he was Celtic's best player. He seemed to want to come to us too, just stymied by the clubs not agreeing a fee. I like him, and wish him well personally.

But he's currently playing for Celtic, and I want them to lose pretty much every game they play.

What games do you not want them to lose?

29 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

What games do you not want them to lose?

1) Any game where we directly benefit from them winning (e.g. the Scottish cup final last season)

2) Games between the cheeks, where I hope both teams lose. The following is an acceptable alternative.

7 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Before answering, for the matches in question, can I clarify if both sides ceasing to be in a tragic if unlikely rhinoceros stampede is considered an acceptable alternative (asking for a bigoted friend)