Where Are They Now

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, got a feeling he's going to do well down there. 

Starting every game at the moment and thats him off the mark for them now.  

Yes,he could have gone to a Championship team and been on the bench. Playing every game and scoring today, onwards and upwards.

Interesting to see Ethan Ross come on as a substitute for Falkirk last night.He was an outstanding youth player at Aberdeen.Ill advised at one point, thought he was signing for Southampton in the Premier League and turned down Dons deal.Ended up at Raith Rovers.John McGlynn obviously a fan.Has Ethan Ross been injured,he is a top Championship,Motherwell, Livingston,Ross County player.Will get back to Championship with Falkirk soon.Brother Sebastian ( love Kevin Bridges)Ross at Forfar now,sub in a 3-1 home defeat to the mighty Peterhead.

42 minutes ago, graham said:

Interesting to see Ethan Ross come on as a substitute for Falkirk last night.He was an outstanding youth player at Aberdeen.Ill advised at one point, thought he was signing for Southampton in the Premier League and turned down Dons deal.Ended up at Raith Rovers.John McGlynn obviously a fan.Has Ethan Ross been injured,he is a top Championship,Motherwell, Livingston,Ross County player.Will get back to Championship with Falkirk soon.Brother Sebastian ( love Kevin Bridges)Ross at Forfar now,sub in a 3-1 home defeat to the mighty Peterhead.

This post made me look up where Frank Ross is these days. Remember he signed for Go Ahead Eagles after being released by us in 2020.

He's now in the States playing for One Knoxville SC in USL League one (3rd tier) 

44 minutes ago, graham said:

Ethan Ross' career trajectory is an interesting one as I believe that contract offer was made under Stephen Glass? He probably would've been given a similar opportunity, in terms of minutes, as Jack MacKenzie and Calvin Ramsay were. There's no doubt the ability is there, so his stock could've been a lot higher had he stayed. Another lesson to young players - take note Connor Barron. 

That said, I don't know the exact circumstances around his departure. I've heard both that he thought he would end up at Southampton and that regardless he would've left in search of first team football. I thought he would bounce straight back to a higher level after a season with Raith. That hasn't happened and at 22 it's almost make or break for him. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

This post made me look up where Frank Ross is these days. Remember he signed for Go Ahead Eagles after being released by us in 2020.

He's now in the States playing for One Knoxville SC in USL League one (3rd tier) 

A League below Glass? Hard to work out their system. Not sure if they have the same promotion/relegation type deal.

Let us all hope Connor Barron reads and follows the excellent guidance offered on this forum ! You can go from Aberdeen FC best young player to oblivion very quickly .From Kenny Gilbert to Andy Bagshaw to Willie John Kiely to Craig Storie to Kevin Hanratty to Connor McLennan.to Frank Ross to Dean Campbell.A wee winger Alan Carella was a favourite of mine,rated and promoted by Drew Jarvie,he was not so highly rated by Neil Cooper as he wouldn't track back and tackle.Ended up at Petershill and then New Zealand, could have been a contender ! I thought Connor Barron did well over the Helsinki and St Johnstone games and was Barry Robson's star man in his youth coach days.Sign that contract offer Connor , if it still on the table !

15 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

Ethan Ross' career trajectory is an interesting one as I believe that contract offer was made under Stephen Glass? He probably would've been given a similar opportunity, in terms of minutes, as Jack MacKenzie and Calvin Ramsay were. There's no doubt the ability is there, so his stock could've been a lot higher had he stayed. Another lesson to young players - take note Connor Barron. 

That said, I don't know the exact circumstances around his departure. I've heard both that he thought he would end up at Southampton and that regardless he would've left in search of first team football. I thought he would bounce straight back to a higher level after a season with Raith. That hasn't happened and at 22 it's almost make or break for him. 

Good contribution.I think if Ethan Ross had been patient he would have found Stephen Glass would have liked him as a player very much and Ethan could have become a regular first team player ,even if Stephen Glass did not prosper as a manager.Ethan Ross must have been injured,he is way too good a player for League One.Mind you,you could say the same about Falkirk team-mate Callum Morrison who is outstanding for Falkirk and played several times  as  a young player for Hearts.

Ethan only on loan at Falkirk from Raith until January as things stand. As a close friend and ex housemate of Connor Barrons I'm sure they'll have discussed the pros and cons of contract signing. Pretty sure they both have same agent in Elliott Fillingham at CAA Base who also represented Considine

33 minutes ago, RDS said:

Ethan only on loan at Falkirk from Raith until January as things stand.j As a close friend and ex housemate of Connor Barrons I'm sure they'll have discussed the pros and cons of contract signing. Pretty sure they both have same agent in Elliott Fillingham at CAA Base who also represented Considine

Thank you RDS,Ethan Ross still attached to Raith Rovers where Ian Murray is the manager now and has a good settled team and happy to loan out Ethan to Falkirk.If I remember Ethan and Seb Ross are from Inverurie and part of the very fine Ross of Inverurie bakers.Former top Scottish squash player Peter Nicol is another family friend and inspiration.Not sure Peter Nicol's decision to accept financing from English Squash Association and thus play squash for England rather than Scotland was Mr Nicol's finest hour.Elliott Fillingham is a new name to me.I hope Ethan Ross and Connor Barron do well. I watched them a lot in the Development Teams and both stood out as good footballers.

4 minutes ago, graham said:

Thank you RDS,Ethan Ross still attached to Raith Rovers where Ian Murray is the manager now and has a good settled team and happy to loan out Ethan to Falkirk.If I remember Ethan and Seb Ross are from Inverurie and part of the very fine Ross of Inverurie bakers.Former top Scottish squash player Peter Nicol is another family friend and inspiration.Not sure Peter Nicol's decision to accept financing from English Squash Association and thus play squash for England rather than Scotland was Mr Nicol's finest hour.Elliott Fillingham is a new name to me.I hope Ethan Ross and Connor Barron do well. I watched them a lot in the Development Teams and both stood out 

Peter Nicol is their uncle on their Mums side

9 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Mind he got described as a defensive striker on here. A low point.

I think that's how I used to describe him - maybe others did too. But that's effectively what he was - just ran about like a headless chicken and usually too slow to make much of an impact. Used to hate it when he was on the bench and we were a goal down and he got brought on - that's when you knew it was time to give up and switch off as he was never going to score.