Neil Simpson Benefit Match!

Look at the shiny thing!

LOOK AT IT!

Anyone else amused at the irony of this?

The same spinelessness from the club that prevented him from getting his testimonial for 20 years is what's finally getting him his 'benefit game'.

I presume it's not being called what it is, his testimonial, as a result of the same spinelessness.

Fucking place, min... shambles.

And congrats, Simmie.... no-one deserves recognition more than you. It's just shameful that it took this long.

Still living in the past, standard from Aberdeen.

Possibly the worst attempt at fishing I have had the misfortune to witness on this site.

Deserves it. No doubt the huns will be apoleptic at this news and the weegia will drag up the tackle again to try and get us to change our mind. Fuck them.

Fair play, Will probably be there.

But i would argue that the gothenberg greats have all already been honoured and it would have been good for somebody else to get a "day"

Also a bit intregued by this term benefit match? And why was there never a benefit match for Zerouali?

All a bit strange.

Does that also mean that jim leighton, peter weir and john mcmaster will be getting benefit games in the next few seasons when they also match simmies term of service?

Fair play, Will probably be there.

But i would argue that the gothenberg greats have all already been honoured and it would have been good for somebody else to get a "day"

Also a bit intregued by this term benefit match? And why was there never a benefit match for Zerouali?

All a bit strange.

Does that also mean that jim leighton, peter weir and john mcmaster will be getting benefit games in the next few seasons when they also match simmies term of service?

Start a campaign then.

The fans wanted THIS one for whatever reason.

Unlike those other names mentioned he has NEVER been recognised by the club as the great he was. All because of one tackle and resultant hoorin outcry from the south of Scotland press and weeg.

One tackle. From start to finish what... 5 seconds? It ended up defining his entire playing career and snuffed out any chance of recognition for the talent he was even by his own cowardly club.

It's way past time that was rectified.

"It was an even bigger surprise and a total shock when I heard about the benefit game. For the club to recognise me in this way, I am really honoured and delighted. I must thank the fans for their support."

Damn straight Simmie. Absolutely deserved!

Quotes please.

Morons to a fucking man these lot. So paranoid and insular it's unreal :hysterical:

the picture of the scumbag, with the pure venom on his face, doing durrant is etched in my memory forever

That f@ck should have been jailed for what he done to Durranty

2013 will be 25 years since assault on Durrant. Coincidence? I think not.

scum to the core

i will genuinely celebrate the day that bastard departs this mortal coil.

A day which will turn into a celebration of that GBH!! Actually wouldn't surprise me if that picture is used to promote this

I don't wish any harm on the guy - just a combination of aids cancer blindness deafness will do

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

:lolrangers:

In return for these lovely quotes, I wish a potentially career threatening injury on Steven Naismith for his vicious assault on Milsom this season, which of course he garnered massive sympathy for.

My wish is granted!

Oh how I cheered as he crumpled like a hill of beans through his self-sustained ailment :lolrangers: