Neil Simpson Benefit Match!

Manchester United, pants choice.

Guaranteed to fill out the stadium as it will be full of Manchester United cunts.

Could we not have got a Real or a Hamburg or a Bayern?

Some club that actually had some affiliation with Simpson's time here?

I'll maybe buy my ticket and then nae go. Give it to someone who wants to spend their time surrounded by a heap of folk that could barely give a toss about Aberdeen but hang on to Man U for the slightest connection.

aye but most of the man united team are retired fae international fitba, old team thats why they won nothing last year

As well as the U-21's qualifiers, there's International Friendlies

England v Italy

Serbia v Rep of Ireland

Northern Ireland v Finland

Wales v Bosnia-Hercegovina

Scotland v Australia

Don't know about any other European teams or South American fixtures.

Guaranteed to fill out the stadium as it will be full of Manchester United cunts.

I'll maybe buy my ticket and then nae go. Give it to someone who wants to spend their time surrounded by a heap of folk that could barely give a toss about Aberdeen but hang on to Man U for the slightest connection.

"Guaranteed to fill out the stadium" - isn't that the whole point?

And Real/Bayern would charge a fortune to come over.

How anyone could paint a negative light on this is beyond me.

They have been opposition 3 of the last 5 big major testimonials (or maybe 6).

I am just disappointed they have gone for the whole fill out the stadium with glory hunting Manchester United fans, over going for an opposition that has real meaning from Simpson's time at Aberdeen.

I don't even know why they bothered with a committee to explore options if that is the original opposition they come up with.

They have been opposition 3 of the last 5 big major testimonials (or maybe 6).

I am just disappointed they have gone for the whole fill out the stadium with glory hunting Manchester United fans, over going for an opposition that has real meaning from Simpson's time at Aberdeen.

I don't even know why they bothered with a committee to explore options if that is the original opposition they come up with.

Last time was for Teddy Scott in 1999 or has there been one since then that I've forgotten? Either way, it's one of the 3 biggest sides in Europe for Simmies testimonial and that is surely a great thing?

Ah ken! WTF were they thinking! I was hoping we'd play some gients like Peterheid, Huntly or Elgin City! thumbsdown.gif lol

Last time was for Teddy Scott in 1999 or has there been one since then that I've forgotten? Either way, it's one of the 3 biggest sides in Europe for Simmies testimonial and that is surely a great thing?

They were up for the Gothenburg Greats as well.

Might as well get them in while Fergie is there as that is the sole tenuous link between Aberdeen and Manchester United nowadays that so many of the North East glory hunters that could barely give a fuck about the Scottish game latch on to.

Good on a money making perspective for Simpson, not so much on a match level (especially if there is actually an international window coinciding with it as already mentioned in the thread).

I'm happy enough to get my ticket for the Aberdeen legend, but am I fuck going along to watch a wankfest over Manchester United.

Aye, there was one recently - Lee Miller had a ding dong with Vidic....that big buffoon Bossu was in goal FFS!

It was to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Gothenburg in 2008.

Brilliant. Season ticket holders only to start, and can buy 2. I guess I will have a lot of friends at work tomorrow. And they're getting nothing. My second ticket will go to someone more deserving. I don't mind so much Aberdeen fans who pay to support Aberdeen and have a soft spot for Man U (not me, I only have one team) but I know a fair amount of folk who have never gone anywhere near Pittodrie, apart from company freebies, and they support Man U. Why? They do my head in, glory hunting fuckers. Don't even support them since they never go anywhere near Manchester, apart from company freebies. Something else to blame Sky for I suppose.

Why not ask the English champions?

And get all these plastic, glory hunting Man U fans from the North East coming along? Nah, the game is all about Simmie.

Any decent, highly league placed European team would do. If we can't sell the stadium for Simmie, then who could we sell it out for????

Would be Man City fans though and not United

[edit never noticed this was posted on 3rd April when it would have been expected for utd to be English champions[edit]

Oh, great.

I may pass on this and put money in another way.

Sitting beside gadgies who'll have a hard on everytime Rooney touches the ball, I think I'll pass.

I'd have preferred Newcastle, least the game would have been about Simmie and not first time viewings from Dons fans to see Man United in the flesh.

A lot of their main players won't be at the match anyway as it's an international week. Think England play Italy the next day?

There'll be people who've never heard of Simmie who'll travel from all over Scotland just to see Man United, just like last time.

Out with the OF, they as a club represent better than anyone the reason hardly any cunt is interested in Scottish Fitba.

Exactly. Biggest payday for Simmie I suppose.

With a full international calendar that week, seems a strange day to have picked. I'd imagine the majority of Manchester United's first 25 represent international teams at varying levels.

They were up for the Gothenburg Greats as well.

Might as well get them in while Fergie is there as that is the sole tenuous link between Aberdeen and Manchester United nowadays that so many of the North East glory hunters that could barely give a fuck about the Scottish game latch on to.

Good on a money making perspective for Simpson, not so much on a match level (especially if there is actually an international window coinciding with it as already mentioned in the thread).

I'm happy enough to get my ticket for the Aberdeen legend, but am I fuck going along to watch a wankfest over Manchester United.

But then the same issue would be pertinent to any other big european team, except with Man U, as pointed out, they will likely be less affected due to so many of their players 'retiring' from international football.

There'll be people who've never heard of Simmie who'll travel from all over Scotland just to see Man United, just like last time.

Out with the OF, they as a club represent better than anyone the reason hardly any cunt is interested in Scottish Fitba.

While I think Man U are a good choice, both to highlight we still have some profile (even if it is due to Fergie) and becasue Simmie will get a sell out crowd, I wholeheartedly agree with this off topic point.

eg. I was away last week, and on my way back up the road, one of my mates phoned me, started speaking about Man U this, Guffie fitba that, I asked him what the latest was on the Sevco situation - 'dinna ken, nae interested in that shite'. Texted him last night when I saw Man U were coming up, I get asked if I'm going - replied 'Friendly pish, nae gan' :thumbup1:

maybe not this time bripod. Tickets for ST holders only first and they should hopefully introduce a voucher scheme for the ross county game. Pretty much counts me out as I am out of the country for the County and Man U games.

the prime reason for this is not to satisfy the fans, its to get a full house for Simmie. He probably would have wanted Fergie and Man Utd anyway.

On top of all that I don;t think it will be like the last time. Most going will be there for Simmie.

I'm sure you miserable fuckers will find a reason to still moan though ;) :thumbs: :thumbs:

Exactly. Biggest payday for Simmie I suppose.

With a full international calendar that week, seems a strange day to have picked. I'd imagine the majority of Manchester United's first 25 represent international teams at varying levels.

Quite a few retired fae international fitba and another few don't get near their international team at the moment. They'll have the guts of a recognisable X1

maybe not this time bripod. Tickets for ST holders only first and they should hopefully introduce a voucher scheme for the ross county game. Pretty much counts me out as I am out of the country for the County and Man U games.

the prime reason for this is not to satisfy the fans, its to get a full house for Simmie. He probably would have wanted Fergie and Man Utd anyway.

On top of all that I don;t think it will be like the last time. Most going will be there for Simmie.

I'm sure you miserable fuckers will find a reason to still moan though ;) :thumbs: :thumbs:

christ on a bike, yer nae wrong.

finally a testimonal. it happens to be against one of the biggest clubs in the world with an ex manager.

thats quite an honour for the man.

whats to maon about?

Quite a few retired fae international fitba and another few don't get near their international team at the moment. They'll have the guts of a recognisable X1

EE saying that SAF is going to try and get the likes of Bryan Robson, Teddy Sheringham and Dwight Yorke involved.

TBH I dont care who he takes up, its just great that Simmie is finally getting the testimonial he deserves and even better that Man U are looking to take some guys into their team that will do nothing but add to the occasion.

• Site Sponsor

Tbh i'm a little disappointed it's Utd we're playing. Would have preferred somebody like Arsenal instead. I'll still go of course to show Simmie my support, a great guy who deserves all the plaudits for everything he's done for the club :applause:

Is that because you like Arsenal as they ain't anything like the draw ManU are.

• Site Sponsor

lolrangers.gif

The Huns are raging!

http://forum.followf...ad.php?t=889045

broomhouse_loyal user_online.gifthe 12th man

icon1.gif Re: Sheep Filth to play Man Utd in 'benefit game' for Neil SimpsonNo one would even know who this no-mark was if it wasn't for that assault on Durranty!!

Why would an SFL 3 club with zero history be bothered by us?

Who is this Durrant chappie, is he the Yankie with the big conk, who went by the name of Jimmy?

Oooh, oooh Man United :spunk::spunk::spunk:

:suicide:

I will not be in attendance to sit beside the bluto's of the North East, who'll ken all the Man United team and will have vaguely heard of one or two in the Dons side from the Scotland U-21 reports on Sky Sports.

Sounds like hell.

Nothing against Neil Simpson obviously, he's a legend, let him take the shilling of these fools and imbeciles, he deserves it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I will not be in attendance to sit beside the bluto's of the North East, who'll ken all the Man United team and will have vaguely heard of one or two in the Dons side from the Scotland U-21 reports on Sky Sports.

Sounds like hell.

Nothing against Neil Simpson obviously, he's a legend, let him take the shilling of these fools and imbeciles, he deserves it.

theres a shock.

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Sounds like hell.

So will you give the money you saved directly to the club?

Personally I'm going to support Simmie and would have gone irrespective of the opposition.

Had Barren Mackie's testimonial opposition been ManU I would not have gone as Barren is pish and always has been

• Upvote 2
:suicide: Folk on here will moan at anything and everything. Fucking incredible. Just get out and buy a ticket to support a club legend. Doesn't matter who the opposition had been, I'd have been going. Folk not going cause it's man u need to gee themselves a shake.
  • Upvote 3