Mubarak Dead

Just to put a spanner in the works in Egypt.

Shame justice wasn't served.

(Reported on Radio 4 so I'm taking it to be true)

Seems the high water mark of the Dictator has been reached and is now subsiding.

It's a pity, because I quite like the occasional mad dictator, me.

Now we can look forward to the era of the Corporate Government. You don't really have that too much in Europe yet, but it's coming all right.

Frankly I'd rather have the Dictators, because Corporate Fascism isn't good for any of us.

Tank_Advertisement_03.jpg

• Admin

That country is in the shitter I think. The current military incumbents of power have even more power than Mubarak ever had.

I think the military are wanting a secular country and to be guardians of a secular constitution (much like turkey), and are more than willing to hand over to a democratically elected government... just not an Islamic democratically elected government, that will rewrite a constitution into a islamic state.

I think the military are wanting a secular country and to be guardians of a secular constitution (much like turkey), and are more than willing to hand over to a democratically elected government... just not an Islamic democratically elected government, that will rewrite a constitution into a islamic state.

Your probably bang on there Bebo.

Muslims running the show is not what a lot of the world want to see.

Seems the high water mark of the Dictator has been reached and is now subsiding.

It's a pity, because I quite like the occasional mad dictator, me.

Now we can look forward to the era of the Corporate Government. You don't really have that too much in Europe yet, but it's coming all right.

Frankly I'd rather have the Dictators, because Corporate Fascism isn't good for any of us.

Tank_Advertisement_03.jpg

Kelt, have you ever read "Jennifer Government", by Max Barry? I really think it'd be right up your literary street.

Aye they are dying breed. Luckily we've still got the likes of Turkmenistan to keep us going with their weirder than weird dictators since independence

Im just back from working in Turkmenistan. Strange country. Photos and statues of the president everywhere. The time before last time i worked there i was stuck in a hotel for 2 days because the president was going to be arriving in the city i was staying in so they have to shut the whole place down, no flights, roads are closed and nobody is allowed out. They sometimes cut there power off aswell. Apparently for his security

On the plus side, if you are from Turkmenistan you get all you fuel, gas and electricity for free so he's not too bad for being a complete radge

I think it would be a fascinating place to visit, dictatorships usually are.

Turkmens look funny too, half European, half Chinese.

Anyway aye Hosni is still with is. Maybe it's all part of an elaborate hoax so that the military can cling to power. itch-chin.gif

But regardless you've got to love a guy who is the human form of Count from Sesame Street. You can just imagine him saying something along the lines of one bastard dead ahahah, two bastards dead ahahah....

I think it would be a fascinating place to visit, dictatorships usually are.

Turkmens look funny too, half European, half Chinese.

Anyway aye Hosni is still with is. Maybe it's all part of an elaborate hoax so that the military can cling to power. itch-chin.gif

But regardless you've got to love a guy who is the human form of Count from Sesame Street. You can just imagine him saying something along the lines of one bastard dead ahahah, two bastards dead ahahah....

The Turkmens are strange alright...had to send a punter in there to do a job for Dragon Oil...he thought he'd be smart and go outside the airport terminal for a cigarette...big mistake...nearly got arrested...you can smoke inside but not outside...well fu*ked up!

Kelt, have you ever read "Jennifer Government", by Max Barry? I really think it'd be right up your literary street.

Haven't read that one, but from what I can gather it appears to follow what Huxley said regarding the suppression of the masses.

Where Orwell suggested government would manipulate and control everything about civilian society, via means of warfare, fear and brutal oppression of thought and action, Huxley suggested we'd be entertained into silence, in the same way the Romans placated the populace with circuses.

The truth is that a combination of both is being used.

If you're part of the industrial world you'll be given masses of prescription drugs, Wii, Ipods and 3DTV, backed up by less and less personal freedom, under the guise of 'Keepin' y'all safe.' If you're unfortunate to live in the developing world, then you'll be kept in line via 500lb vacuum bombs, starvation, disease and war.

I may add Jennifer Government to my reading list. The only political book I'm reading right now is 'In the Name of God'.

In the Name of God

Haven't read that one, but from what I can gather it appears to follow what Huxley said regarding the suppression of the masses.

Where Orwell suggested government would manipulate and control everything about civilian society, via means of warfare, fear and brutal oppression of thought and action, Huxley suggested we'd be entertained into silence, in the same way the Romans placated the populace with circuses.

The truth is that a combination of both is being used.

If you're part of the industrial world you'll be given masses of prescription drugs, Wii, Ipods and 3DTV, backed up by less and less personal freedom, under the guise of 'Keepin' y'all safe.' If you're unfortunate to live in the developing world, then you'll be kept in line via 500lb vacuum bombs, starvation, disease and war.

I may add Jennifer Government to my reading list. The only political book I'm reading right now is 'In the Name of God'.

In the Name of God

I'm going to check out that book Kelt, really interested in the Iranian regime. I tried to visit a few years back but the fuckers wouldn't let me into their country.

I'm going to check out that book Kelt, really interested in the Iranian regime. I tried to visit a few years back but the fuckers wouldn't let me into their country.

The Black Sabbath T-Shirt not go down too well at their embassy?

The Black Sabbath T-Shirt not go down too well at their embassy?

laughing.gif Dicks wouldn't tell me! There was speculation that it might have been because I was just back from the states or because I was a female travelling on my own. I was gutted as I wanted to spend my 30th there. Soon changed flights though and went to South Africa instead which was immense.

Still hoping to get there someday.

That book isn't available on Ebooks. mad.gif None of them by that author are.